Menu

What was your all time favorite math textbook?

AOPS hands down for anyone who can learn their way.  Derek Owens does not have a book per se but his class was so solid that my son is now coasting through Algebra II and considers it review.  His Algebra II class is using Dolciani which for all intent and purpose is considered a solid book and I have no complaints about the class.

• Like 2

AoPS.

Absolutely the best. I still remember DH flipping through it and exclaiming excitedly "That's exactly how I would explain it!"

Of the series, I liked Intro to Algebra best, but maybe that's because it was my first encounter with a math curriculum that sparked JOY!

You sound like you do Konmari!!! Do you?

DS#1 absolutely would vote for Jacobs Algebra and Jacobs Geometry (2nd ed.). He asked me to keep these textbooks for him just because he loved them so much. :)

Not a high school textbook, but my vote would go for Miquon. *I* learned SO much about math and math connections -- how to see math in a whole new way -- while we used that program! What a privilege and boon to kick off our homeschooling journey with Miquon. :)

• Like 2

Teaching math - Horizons and Saxon.

Learning math - reminder those rolling carts of colored folders? They were all pastels - green, pink, yellow, blue... They were laminated and you used the grease pencils (with the string and peeling coating!) on them. You worked at your own pace... This was classic public school stuff, early 80s (probably 78-82ish....). I'm LOVED being able to tear through those. Good memories!

• Like 1