Menu

We are doing a repeat of two years ago!

KatieJ

The last of our three grandkids that were born in 2013 just turned 2 about 2 weeks ago.

And last night our DD made an official announcement that she is pregnant.  

So, all three mommies who were pregnant in 2013 are again pregnant!

That makes 12 for us by May 2016.  DH and I are thrilled but a little shocked.  We live so far from our families and we just have this little family where we live.  We will have 9 grands here next year! 3 of them are living across the street.  It is such a blessing.

Note:  our oldest DD lives with her family ( 3 grands there)  in our homestate.  

• Like 22

Congrats! How fun!

My parents will have their tenth grandchild in a few months, but only two sets have ever been pregnant together (my fourth and my one brother's first are two months apart). But my third and fourth are both only a few months older than DH's sister's first and second, who are only a few months older than their first two cousins on the other side of their family (that would be DH's sister's BIL and SIL).

Our family (DH's parents' grandkids) sounds like that!

Not quite that exact - that's impressive lol - but yeah, every time one is pregnant, there's another soon after.  Which is pretty funny, because there are only 4 of us!  But their grandkids are 14, 13, 13, 13, 11, 11, 9, 9, 6, 6, 6, and then the youngest had to have their last few by themselves lol (4, 2, 1).  

I was always the first one to get pregnant when we were in the mix.  I always just called the others copycats.  (we are in the 11, 9, and 6 rounds lol.)

The oldest two are adopted by one BIL, from his wife's second marriage (he was actually her first marriage, but they didn't have any kids from that one).  He and his second wife were pregnant with one when DH and I got married in 2001, and my oldest BIL and his wife were expecting then, too.  So there were 2 babies in early 2002, then I got pregnant with Link and had him in early 2004.  Oldest BIL and his wife had their second kid a few months later, I had Astro in late 2005 and the other BIL (back with his first/third wife) had one in early 2006.  Then I got pregnant with Pink and had her in May of 2009, followed by younger BIL and his wife in August, and the other one and his wife had their 5th in September.  

At that point, all of us were done having kids except the youngest, but they finished up by last year lol.  

And yeah, boys run strong in their family.  :lol: 

Thanks! Technically this is the third time it's happened with our grands. Grand #2 and grand#3 are two weeks apart. They are very close friends even tho they live in different states. It's been fun to watch and we are looking forward to all these cousins being buddies.