Menu

Electric toothbrush

Mom-ninja.

http://www.amazon.com/1000-Electric-Rechargeable-Toothbrush-Powered/dp/B003UKM9CO/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1439212754&sr=8-2&keywords=oral+b+toothbrush

This is what we use.

For about 20 years, we used one of these that had a two-head base. We both used the same handle, but there was a storage place for two separate heads. 

Now we have two of the toothbrush above. It is nicer for us to each have our own handles.

• Like 1

I puffy heart love my sonic toothbrush from Phillips Sonicare.  We have the one from Costco.  I used to have really challenging cleanings every three months with threats of more serious work that would need to be done to my gums/teeth due to plaque buildup even with terrific brushing and flossing.  After I started using it, my hygienist was awe-struck by the difference.  I can feel how clean my teeth are, right down to the gumline.  I do use a double or triple cycle once or twice a week to deep clean.  You can't just brush like usual; I feel where the plaque buildup and angle and lightly brush along with the sonic buzz-work.

Absolutely life changing; I only wish I had been using one for years.

• Like 1

http://www.amazon.com/SmartSeries-Electric-Rechargeable-Toothbrush-Powered/dp/B00F9X34XS/ref=sr_1_3?s=hpc&ie=UTF8&qid=1439215005&sr=1-3&keywords=oral+b+electric+toothbrushI have this one and love it! I really like the floss action heads for it. I noticed my dental cleanings are easier because of it. This is after having a Sonic Care and a Rotodent. So that is saying something!

LOVE our sonicare.  I've been using one for years.  We've had 3 over the years.  I much prefer the models that have a quadrapacer (or whatever it's called) that blips every 30 seconds, then you switch quadrants of your mouth.  We accidentally bought our last one without that feature and I always wonder if I'm doing as good of a job with it. 

With the sonicares, I don't feel like the knock off heads work as well as the sonicare made ones. 

• Like 2

Oral-B with floss action heads (best price is at Costco & they go on sale periodically)

DH and I have had our Oral-Bs for years and they are still working great. We got Sonicare for the kids and all three of them broke after about a year. We bought Oral-Bs for them and are very happy.

We all have Sonicares because that is what our dentist gives out for free at your first visit.  

I use mine most of the time (depends on which bathroom I brush my teeth in).

Dd16 uses hers all the time.  

DH and DS don't like them and use a manual toothbrush (neither have ever had a cavity so they must be doing something right LOL).  

DD8 uses a generic spinning toothbrush that sings a song or a manual toothbrush.  

Since we had 5 and only use 2, I have given Sonicares away and even have an unopened on in my pantry.  I like them, but they are just not for everyone. 

Dh likes his rechargeable Spinbrush. Ds uses a generic battery operated brand and is happy with it. They both always have good checkups at their dentist visits.

I can't use an electric toothbrush because of my sensitive teeth. After about a week my mouth hurts. I've tried different brands, including ones recommended by my dentist. My dentist eventually told me to stop trying and go back to a manual toothbrush. 

I've used sonicare for several years and been happy. Just yesterday my new model arrived. Amazon was running a screaming deal for a two pack, so I bought a new one for me (mine was dying) and the extra one now belongs to my kids. We just swap out the heads.

They were having a hard time brushing well enough and this solves that pretty handily :)

Dh likes his rechargeable Spinbrush. Ds uses a generic battery operated brand and is happy with it. They both always have good checkups at their dentist visits.

I can't use an electric toothbrush because of my sensitive teeth. After about a week my mouth hurts. I've tried different brands, including ones recommended by my dentist. My dentist eventually told me to stop trying and go back to a manual toothbrush. 

My hygienist just told me to switch to an electric because I have sensitive teeth. She said it prevents you from pushing too hard. I used to use one a few years back but didn't like it because it hurt my teeth. 

My hygienist just told me to switch to an electric because I have sensitive teeth. She said it prevents you from pushing too hard. I used to use one a few years back but didn't like it because it hurt my teeth.

Oral-b has a model that connects to an app that tracks your brushing habits and gives real-time feedback, including if you are brushing too hard. If you have a smartphone that might be beneficial. I'm not sure if Sonicare has a similar feature. I personally feel weird about having a Bluetooth device in my mouth regularly so decided against this model but you might not mind. Most types of higher-end brushes have some type of sensor to let you know when you're brushing too hard. You might also look for one that has a sensitive setting and brush heads for sensitive teeth.

Oral-b has a model that connects to an app that tracks your brushing habits and gives real-time feedback, including if you are brushing too hard. If you have a smartphone that might be beneficial. I'm not sure if Sonicare has a similar feature. I personally feel weird about having a Bluetooth device in my mouth regularly so decided against this model but you might not mind. Most types of higher-end brushes have some type of sensor to let you know when you're brushing too hard. You might also look for one that has a sensitive setting and brush heads for sensitive teeth.

This sounds like something I might want to look into. 

This sounds like something I might want to look into.

If you're interested in the Bluetooth, look for Oral-B model 5000 or 7000 SmartSeries.

Another thought for the OP: Have you tried adding a Waterpik to your oral routine? Since you can adjust the spray pressure and you control the water temp, it can work well even with sensitivity issues.

• Like 1