Menu

S/O Online Grocery Shopping

Lady Marmalade

The other thread about grocery shopping got me wondering about what online grocery resources I may not know about.

There's the obvious Amazon Grocery, and I also have bought a few items from both Vitacost and Tropical Traditions.  I buy spices frequently from Penzey's too. 

Where do you shop online for groceries? If it's a local/regional thing, please share also, maybe there's someone in your area who can also utilize it. 

Instacart is handy. I haven't used it myself, but a friend had stuff delivered here for dinner while we were swimming. Rotisserie chicken and fruit and such from Costco. They also do Whole Foods and maybe Publix? I keep meaning to check it out more thoroughly.

I have used local grocery stores for home delivery.

Plus, the obvious amazon, tropical traditions, vitacost, a farm in California for non-irradiated almonds and walnuts (a little pricey but so delicious), pleasant hill grains.

I buy non-food groceries online from Walmart since there isn't a store convenient to me. Our Kroger just got online shopping but I haven't tried it yet. They select and bag everything then you pick it up from a special parking area. The first few times it's free then after that it's $5.

My SIL used to order online then have her groceries delivered to the house by the grocery chain near her house in Seattle. She has moved to a different area now so it's no longer available for her.

When we lived in VA, we had Harris Teeter that did your shopping for you for $5.  It was heavenly. You did have to go pick it up but there was a drive through area to do that and you didn't even have to get out of the car.  The website and service was really easy to use.

Our Publix (or at least in the Tampa area) has just started a delivery service with a company called Shipt.   We have signed up, but I have yet to use it.

Did you get a free trial or did you pay for the Jet membership? Problem I hear with Jet is less products than Amazon and if you do not want to drop amazon then you pay for two memberships.

I am currently doing the three month free trial. It is cheaper than Amazon on the things they do have since the more you buy the bigger the discount which makes it super helpful if your purchasing grocery items. Right now I'm trying to decide if the amount I save buying groceries from them instead of Amazon is worth the yearly membership price for Jet.