Menu

Texasmama, you were right.

Truscifi

We can be co-ITT event planners.  Clearly, we cannot leave this duty to Tex.

#nomoretexasEVER

Awwww.

Oh, wait, that's right.  We were discussing relocating the events to Hawaii, anyway (once Tex can join us).  I'm good with that.

Booyah here!

• Like 4

I woke up in the middle of the night (and it was not to get myself a cold pop). Dh was screaming and flinging himself around screaming, "It stung me!!!" I jumped up, and I knew at once what it was. He felt it crawling on his neck, so when he brushed it away he was stung.

So I ran for my life and grabbed my trusty Keens out of the closet and came back to scorpion hunt. It was the last place I looked. (Dun, dun, dun)

Under my pillow.

I am undecided between killing myself and burning the house down or moving to Alaska.

The point, to tie it all together, is that I knew my sturdy Keens would protect me, the scorpion (a baby one!) got flushed, I no longer like my bed, and we are calling a pest control company today. I also confess to some Pulp Fiction-worthy language. Sweet Brown would understand.

And you say I should move to Texas??????   :scared:

I really would like to visit you (to see if you're really as funny IRL), but I may have to wait until you move to Alaska, or until eternal bliss.  Whichever comes first.  

#primalscreamandheebiejeebiesupanddownthespine

• Like 3

And you say I should move to Texas??????   :scared:

I really would like to visit you (to see if you're really as funny IRL), but I may have to wait until you move to Alaska, or until eternal bliss.  Whichever comes first.  

#primalscreamandheebiejeebiesupanddownthespine

Ya'll (see how I slipped that in there to make Tex comfortable?) don't have to go as far as Alaska.  Just come to where I am.  I hear that Alaska has mosquitoes the size of hummingbirds  . . . and bears.  

• Like 4

My shoes arrived today. Alas, my feet are too big and too wide, so back go the shoes.  /sob/  Back to the drawing board.  I hate having feet this size.   :nopity:   

I am terribly sorry.  

#largefootproblems

I have attorney friends who have a house in TX and in AK so I will ask which is better and get back to you.  If you don't agree with them, they will sue you.

The scorpion exterminators are coming this evening.  We don't just want to kill them.  We want to send them to hell.

• Like 6

I went all the way down to a giant sporting goods store in the mall (bleh) and they had a couple kids' Keen sandals and that was it. *sob* I really want to try something on before I buy.

I didn't get to go to the surf shop that carries Keens today, because my car was in the shop longer than I expected it to be. I needed to get home as soon as they finished. :(

Have you tried Ecco shoes?  When I had my office job I had several pair of Ecco shoes and sandals that looked quite appropriate and were VERY kind to my feet.  Their price range is in the neighborhood of the Keens and Birks discussed here.

With the exception of one or two styles, their sandals don't look any different from Keens or even Skechers. I didn't look at closed their toe shoes because I live in a land where everyday flip flops and dressy flip flops are an actual thing.

• Like 1

I am terribly sorry.  

#largefootproblems

I have attorney friends who have a house in TX and in AK so I will ask which is better and get back to you.  If you don't agree with them, they will sue you.

The scorpion exterminators are coming this evening.  We don't just want to kill them.  We want to send them to hell.

Not necessary.  They are from Hell and brought a little of it with them to earth.  Go get 'em, Tex.

• Like 2

I am terribly sorry.  

#largefootproblems

Poor exterminators!  What did they ever do to deserve such vehemence from you?

• Like 11

I see that my minions have followed me from the Other Thread and are mucking up this one! My apologies to the OP.

(Exterminator is at the house as we speak. Dh had to secure the dog , cat, and parrot by himself, which made me laugh. :D)

Yes, master, we did.  Didn't you tell us to keep this thread title at the top of the new content page where everyone will see it?

• Like 4

I see that my minions have followed me from the Other Thread and are mucking up this one! My apologies to the OP.

(Exterminator is at the house as we speak. Dh had to secure the dog , cat, and parrot by himself, which made me laugh. :D)

Hey.  I have dutifully stayed ON TOPIC.  Even right now, I'm thinking about my keens as I type.  

Which, by the way, I love; but don't recommend light colors.  Mud, you know.  And spider guts.

• Like 4

Hey.  I have dutifully stayed ON TOPIC.  Even right now, I'm thinking about my keens as I type.  

Which, by the way, I love; but don't recommend light colors.  Mud, you know.  And spider guts.

I thought the topic was Tex being right.  Shoes were just an ancillary topic to illustrate Tex's rightness.

• Like 5

I thought the topic was Tex being right. Shoes were just an ancillary topic to illustrate Tex's rightness.

Which is odd because I never knew there was any debate about the rightness of my less evil half.

It is like starting a thread called "people breathe" or "H2O is water", what can you respond but, "duh."

• Like 5

Which is odd because I never knew there was any debate about the rightness of my less evil half.

It is like starting a thread called "people breathe" or "H2O is water", what can you respond but, "duh."

It is important to state the obvious for the newbies from time to time so they can just get on with appreciating that lesson without having to learn it themselves the hard way.  THAT'S the usefulness of stating things like these; it educates the newest members.

• Like 1

Minions are totally allowed, as long as I get to have minions too.

I didn't get to go to the surf shop that carries Keens today, because my car was in the shop longer than I expected it to be. I needed to get home as soon as they finished. :(

With the exception of one or two styles, their sandals don't look any different from Keens or even Skechers. I didn't look at closed their toe shoes because I live in a land where everyday flip flops and dressy flip flops are an actual thing.

Um, yeah. Of course they are.  :huh:

;)

:thumbup1:

• Like 2

OK - do these shoes give as much support as my New Balance athletic shoes?

I don't know about the sandals, but their regular shoes (Briggs, Presidio, Toyah) do. I've had plantar fasciitis and have orthotics. I've walked and hiked in both of those styles. They're also my favorite shoe for work when I'm on my feet for five hours. I wore my Keen Presidio Mary Janes today at work, they're just as comfortable.

• Like 1

My shoes arrived today. Alas, my feet are too big and too wide, so back go the shoes.  /sob/  Back to the drawing board.  I hate having feet this size.   :nopity:   

So, so sorry!  You have my fullest sympathy.  Zappos hates me: my feet are very long, and very narrow, with no arches, so finding footwear is a challenge.  Sigh.  If it fits, and I really like it, I snatch it up while I can. (Good thing I'm not a shoe aficionado.)

Yesterday at Nordstrom Rack, I told a fitting room attendant (laughingly, but dead serious on the inside-- she was young and a kind of wide-eyed-gullible, so there's a slim chance she didn't think I was a total whack), not to let anyone take the shoes I had brought to the fitting room, but she wouldn't let me take into the stall with me.

Are you calling me short, fat, and yellow? :toetap05:

Well, to that I say, "BANANA."

• Like 3