Menu

Any School Supply Sales Yet?

Mandylubug

guess I will go browse Office Depot and pay too much. We start our new school year on Monday. We school year round and just had our two week break. I should have planned our start more into July.. That would have made more sense to match the sales :p

• Like 1

I thought school supplies went on sale here in GA around the end of June. IIRC that's about when Walmart started stocking even though most people didn't start buying until mid-July. I always buy as soon as I can so I can be sure to get all the spiral notebooks and composition books I want. One year I waited a bit long and couldn't find any cheapo spirals with college ruled pages.

• Like 1

I'm in GA. School has been out for 2 weeks and goes back the first week of August. I bet Target has already started setting up their back to school section. Just no official sales yet. I will have have to go mosey around and see what I can find unadvertised. I don't need too terribly much for now. I can wait on most things until the sales hit.

Any one ever ducttape cover their cheapy spirals to keep them from snagging? We love spirals but we had some tangling issues this past school year.

eta: if I do that, though, I can't fold it under itself can I? My kids, especially my lefty, don't use them fully open but flip them open and only use the side they are writing on at the time.

Hm..never had a tangle issue and that's all I use.

Kids can find some creative ways to waste my time. Lol. They have about 5 each stacked on their shelf. They some how manage to get them tangled together and then pull them hard. Next thing I know I'm being snagged by the wire or they are being poked or my table is being scratched. Really, they have special skills at procrastinating.

• Like 1

Any one ever ducttape cover their cheapy spirals to keep them from snagging? We love spirals but we had some tangling issues this past school year.

eta: if I do that, though, I can't fold it under itself can I? My kids, especially my lefty, don't use them fully open but flip them open and only use the side they are writing on at the time.

Maybe just a tiny bit of duct tape on the very ends that are snagging?

I was thinking a drop of hot glue on the ends but I don't think that would stay on for long.

Perhaps if they're standing upright they'll snag less? Mine tend to just use one at a time--they prefer composition books for most subjects--so we don't have them stacked. I'm thinking something like this to keep them standing and apart:

[photos edited out]

Perhaps if they're standing upright they'll snag less? Mine tend to just use one at a time--they prefer composition books for most subjects--so we don't have them stacked. I'm thinking something like this to keep them standing and apart:

51Y863JjWJL.jpg41sGZNChEHL.jpg

I really love that idea. We don't have that kind of space to do for four kiddos, though. We homeschool in our dining/kitchen area.

Kids can find some creative ways to waste my time. Lol. They have about 5 each stacked on their shelf. They some how manage to get them tangled together and then pull them hard. Next thing I know I'm being snagged by the wire or they are being poked or my table is being scratched. Really, they have special skills at procrastinating.

Haha yes true.  Our issues usually revolve around missing pencils or erasers.  I have 500,000 of both.  Still there manages to be times when we can't find any of them.

• Like 1

Well, I searched Office Depot, Dollar Tree and Target for school supplies. No good deals to be had currently. I am thankful I didn't buy from OD, though. They wanted 8 bucks for a large steno pad. I found them for 2.15 at Target. I use these for my lefty writer. Target by far had the best selection of affordable notebooks.

Dollar Tree has just regular office supplies out currently and their back to school abundance has not hit the stores yet.

Anyway, I spent $25 with just enough to start out our school year with some fun new notebooks but I will buy my bulk of supplies in about a month.

They have about 5 each stacked on their shelf. They some how manage to get them tangled together and then pull them hard.

My boys took out the spiral halfway by fidgiting with the spiral. If you don't need to keep the notebooks intact, you can just tear out the paper and put into a three hole binder for each child.

My boys use mainly filler paper for their work and when that stockpile (from years ago at 20 cents per stack) finally ran out, we just tear off the paper from our stockpile of spiral notebooks which were 25 cents each when we bought from Staples.