Menu

Ugh.

Spryte

One year my Dh told me he wouldn't get passes to the water park unless I got a swimsuit.

My response?

"So, you don't love me anymore?

I went to Walmart (not wanting to spend a lot on a suit) and begged him to go to the hunting department and buy a gun and kill me. He refused. Hmph.

• Like 10

Oh yeh, jeans are right up there on the ugh scale.

But at least jeans are optional - I've given up on them entirely, and just wear other trousers that I can get to fit properly.

Swimwear on the other hand ... you gotta have a swimsuit or something, because you get very odd looks in the pool otherwise!

• Like 1

I feel for you!  I refuse to be seen in public in a bathing suit anymore.  I just can't do it.  I'm not even technically overweight, but I look awful in a bathing suit and am way too self-conscious to have anyone see me in one.  I want to bring back the full-body bathing suits from the early-1900s! LOL!

• Like 1

I don't mind wearing a bathing suit but I'll take swim pants and rash guards any day. They protect a lot of your skin from the sun and can be quite comfortable. We went to Cayman recently and I wore them all the time. So what if I look weird! :D

• Like 2

I mostly do a supportive workout top with shorts for swimwear now. I've noticed that there are cute skirts now too in the exercise apparel section. Exercise clothes are meant to breathe and dry quickly plus I don't have to worry about anything popping out or riding up when I move. I want to have fun at the beach/pool/water park. I don't want to spend my time trying to keep a suit in place or being self-conscious about what may be showing. If guys can wear comfortable, practical swimsuits I should be able to also!

• Like 2

I want to bring back the full-body bathing suits from the early-1900s! LOL!

See my links upthread. ;)  They're not full-body, but they do go down to the mid-thigh or just above the knee, and some have short sleeves, too.  I'm really glad to see suits with more coverage being sold in mainstream stores and catalogs, too.  I initially changed bathing suits styles for religious/modesty reasons, but now I think I'd wear swim shorts and tees regardless!  They are just so much more comfortable--no tugging or adjusting or worrying about wearing a cover up.  Glorious.   :)