Menu

"I volunteer as Beagle!"

unsinkable

I think I misunderstood the woman at the dog park yesterday.

"Is he beagle? Part beagle? Does he have beagle in him?" She was a fast, rapid-fire questioner with a golden retriever on a leash who was tugging her towards the Head of Homeland Security (see avatar).

"Probably. We think his dad might be a beagle."

"Oh, cuz my dog likes to hump beagles."

:confused:

"Pardon me?"

"He likes to hump beagles."

The HHS and the Golden were sniffing each other a bit, and I was confused and a bit weirded out so I kept walking and the HHS stuck with me. No humping occurred.

I asked DD what she thought the woman meant. Did she want us to volunteer our dog as humpee? Like the scene in the Hunger Games..."I volunteer as Tribute!"

"I volunteer my beagle!"

It was odd...and then DD said, "I think she wanted to know if he was a beagle so she could keep her dog away from ours."

Oh. That makes sense.

• Like 16

Oh my gosh, what an awkward and hilarious (in hindsight) story!!!

It is/was hilarious. It is is even funnier to me because I can imagine myself as the woman trying to keep my dog away from potential humpees, if that was an issue with the HHS. (Which it isn't.)

• Like 1

I think next time I'm walking my golden I'll ask other people if their dogs are labs then blurt out that my golden likes to eat labs' poo. We'll see how that goes over. ;)

LOLOLOLOL

Ask in a kind of hopeful way, like it'd be awesome if they'd say yes.

• Like 3

LOL!!!

In addition you would be laughing at the confused look on my face as I tried to figure out the "Head of Homeland Security" reference AND the whole humping weirdness. Great name! If we ever get a pet....

Yeah, the Head of Homeland Security...he lets us call him Patch. :lol:

But he wants me to tell you he has successfully prevented the mailman from EVER entering the house.

• Like 12

"Really? I'm surprised he's that choosy. I mean, my dog is always barfing on people's shoes, but so far, I can't say that he prefers sneakers over sandals...say, you're wearing sandals! Let's see if it matters!"

• Like 9

"Really? I'm surprised he's that choosy. I mean, my dog is always barfing on people's shoes, but so far, I can't say that he prefers sneakers over sandals...say, you're wearing sandals! Let's see if it matters!"

Hahaha!!

• Like 2

The thing is...it is making me question Patch's paternity. We know his mom is a JRT bc she was dumped, pregnant, at the rescue lady's house. But his coloring really resembles a beagle.

But the Beagle Humper rejected him.

So what does that mean!?!

• Like 5

OK...hopefully this works...

Woohoo! He is the one who is not the dachshund.

And it's my 15,000th post.

Definitely beagle enough that any dog should hump him. Erm...

And congrats on the post count. Think of all the time that represents. You should have a PhD or a blackbelt. Golden Kilt Award?

• Like 2

Definitely beagle enough that any dog should hump him. Erm...

And congrats on the post count. Think of all the time that represents. You should have a PhD or a blackbelt. Golden Kilt Award?

:lol: first line really made me laugh.

I'd take a bronzed shopping cart...

• Like 2

Yes, congrats!  Where is a cupcake delivery emoji when you need it? Maybe a toast instead? :cheers2:  

Patch is a cutie-patootie!

• Like 3

Patch is totally Beagle enough.

You should have acted offended and said in a very authoritative tone that you are a Certified Beagle Whisperer, so of course Patch is a Beagle, and her dog must be a complete moron if he didn't know it.

And then you should have walked away in a huff. ;)

• Like 1