Menu

Confession time and in need of prayers

You know my stuff. I've said it before. Due to that stuff, I have been hiding out more and more from my reality. I need to stop. I need to get out of this. So, please pray for me to turn it around and get back to being the mom I am supposed to be. I need to stay off these boards and stop avoiding myself and my responsibilities. Thanks.

You know my stuff. I've said it before. Due to that stuff, I have been hiding out more and more from my reality. I need to stop. I need to get out of this. So, please pray for me to turn it around and get back to being the mom I am supposed to be. I need to stay off these boards and stop avoiding myself and my responsibilities. Thanks.

Hugs, darlin'. It's hard. Be good to yourself. I'm thinking of you.

I dont' know if I have "stuff", but I know that my time here is about to be cut WAY back when we start school next week. I have been enjoying early morning time here all summer which will be devoted to other things (exercising and Bible time!) So, you are not alone, my dear. :001_smile:

:grouphug:, Melissa. I'm not here near as much as others ( I feel like a board flunkie:)), but I still feel like it's too much at times. It helped me so much this morning to get up really early and get things going while I was "alone." I've been encouraged by you so many times. You can do it!

I'm not here often enough to know "your stuff", but it sounds like you're trying to tame the Internet beast and I wanted to say that I'm rootin and praying for ya! This is something that many of us struggle with. I'm doing quite well these days, but it's an ongoing struggle. The Internet is so much more fun than vacuuming and doing laundry and it just sucks you right in, doesn't it? All the best!

First of all, a big thanks. I couldn't do this without support. I need support. I am not all that strong sometimes. Actually, a lot of the time. I had a talk with dh last night and was confronted about myself. Not by him, but by my own eyes opening. He gently helped me along the way. I am hiding from myself and my life way too much. I really need to get a grip and take charge again.

It is hard to look at yourself and see those things you despise. Facing them and trying to do away with those things, not pleasant. But I need to. I am not being a good enough mom right now. My kids deserve better. For them, I will do this.

I need some space. I will still check in but cannot hang out much right now. But I do need your friendship. Please don't give up on me! Feel free to email or chat otherwise with me. You all are my friends. I am blessed to know you and have you in my life.

I admire anyone who is willing to not only go after the hard issues in her life, but to do it so openly, and with so much humility. You are braver and stronger than you think. I know you'll do what is needed.

PM me if you just want a quick dose of somebody who can be a gooberhead, or who can offer you a listening "ear". And, if you are inclined, I recommend Tara Brach's book (or audio) called Radical Self Acceptance. She is a practicing Buddhist, just so you know, but her message is one that any of us could use.

Peace,