Menu

Ignore this thread!

I just sent my info to Jean so she can write it on the outside of her folder.  She made me do online banking, and now she has to live with me doing online banking. :leaving:

Glad you figured out the info to give to Jean before forgetting it again. I just read further in the thread and saw you forgot that you've already told us you gave the info to Jean, because you repeated yourself.

• Like 3

Went to coffee with a friend this am. Phone rings. Grandma hurt her knee. Home I go:-( Looks like it is hyper extended.

I used to make good money back in the day. Now I should be on par with Onassis. I am a doctor, tech expert, personal chef, personal shopper, teacher, chauffeur, maid, attorney, and financial consultant. I am sure I missed many, many things.

I bet you ladies are with me.

Today, I took my salary in snuggles and smiles. And cake. Leftover from Grandma's bday. Yum.

Of course, I had to google Onassis. Just as I got excited about the guy and started planning how to hunt him down (to marry him), I saw that he died two years after I was born. Bummer.

• Like 1

Well... not really. We spend most of our time outside with the neighbors here. My kids walk to the local pool and walk to the park! Also all the kids can ride their bikes to school right now except for the one in an immersion program. That's a big deal. We aren't that picky--we'd rather sleep in tiny rooms so long as we can stay in our neighborhood. This is the adjacent neighborhood but we can't walk to the pool anymore. We might have to move to a different pool club. That's not a big deal to people whose primary unit is the nuclear family and where everything happens there. But we are more... rooted in the community? Our roots go deep and wide and we've worked to cultivate them. It's not the place, it's the people.

Off to make a pre-approval appointment.

It sounds like you'd have a lot of regrets. Would you rather have the house or the community? Is it hard to choose between the two?

Of course, I had to google Onassis. Just as I got excited about the guy and started planning how to hunt him down (to marry him), I saw that he died two years after I was born. Bummer.

You are crackin' me up tonight.

I think you should marry Onassis's ghost (I am sure the ghost has a few million) and sing Black and Nerdy at the top of your lungs while standing in the bow of your yacht.

That sounds like crazy fun. Plus you would have no more student loans :party:

• Like 6

Lemonade stopped working for me, too. I waited to tell you until after it stopped working. You're welcome.

I had a few brilliant things to say, but then I forgot all of them while I was sitting here.

The good news is that I got a bunch of silverware on clearance at Kohl's because the children keep throwing away the spoons or something. So now we have silverware. Yay!

Edited by texasmama
  • Like 4

Dawn, are you out there?

I'll be watching our show with you:-)

Jean, bunny funny:-)

Apple, we are truly a family here. Our criteria consists of a sense of humor and no desire at all to debate or be contentious. Oh and be pretty because we all so pretty.

I am still here.;)

I am behind a two episodes so I won't watch tonight. I plan to catch up in the morning. Now that marching band season is over, I shall have more time.:D

• Like 6

I went to the store to get some socks for DS 15, but they're too small and they look like they could fit on a kitten. Now I have to return them!

I thought you were going to say that you gave the socks to the kitten. I mean, you are the woman who tattooed eyebrows on the white cat.

• Like 5

Dawn, are you out there?

I'll be watching our show with you:-)

Jean, bunny funny:-)

Apple, we are truly a family here. Our criteria consists of a sense of humor and no desire at all to debate or be contentious. Oh and be pretty because we all so pretty.

I disagree.

• Like 1

I thought you were going to say that you gave the socks to the kitten. I mean, you are the woman who tattooed eyebrows on the white cat.

I should return the socks and then tatoo socks on the kitten.

I chose so carefully, too, just the right brand with the red writing on the toes and not too long or short. It doesn't seem that hard, but I went alone, spent a terrible amount of time, and still got it wrong.

Edited by texasmama

#noh means no H on the Booya(h).  She says the baby doesn't the H, but we all know it's her. :001_rolleyes:

I get all messed up when Ellie leaves us for a long time. :willy_nilly:

No, it's true. The preference passes from mother to baby through the placenta. Duh.

• Like 3

So, for school winter break that lasts two weeks, the district is paying for Wednesday through Friday of each week. If we want the Monday or Tuesday of each week, we have to use our vacation time. Interesting. Not that I'm greedy or anything.

This is the absolute stupidest thing I ever heard of.  Ever.  And I've worked for many stupid bureaucracies.  

• Like 3

My friend is a little better today, guys.  Her feet look a little better, and she has a feeding tube in now.  She will have another surgery on Friday to clear out infection in her sternum.  The bone there is dead due to radiation treatment to kill her cancer in her early 20's.  There is so much I don't know or understand about these treatments.  Radiation kills your bones.

• Like 6

My friend is a little better today, guys.  Her feet look a little better, and she has a feeding tube in now.  She will have another surgery on Friday to clear out infection in her sternum.  The bone there is dead due to radiation treatment to kill her cancer in her early 20's.  There is so much I don't know or understand about these treatments.  Radiation kills your bones.

What a terrible thing to be going through. I'll keep her in my prayers.

• Like 2

So, in the past 24 hours I have learned that:

I am thankful that I do not have blood pressure and thyroid issues.

I have found a good place to come when I want to complain about my gluten problems or my arthritis.

Slache maybe should change her child's name to Jon -- because #noh.

Baby #3 will have #noh is his/her/their name(s).

I do not want to start my master's degree yet.  Because student loans.

Now I know where everybody's likes go.

But I do have some questions.  And I don't have time to read the other 400 pages.

What happened with the friend with uterine/cervical cancer?

Will Ellie take in her nephew's child and homeschool again?

What food is Slache craving today?

Thanks!

• Like 7

I have found a good place to come when I want to complain about my gluten problems or my arthritis.

But I do have some questions.  And I don't have time to read the other 400 pages.

Thanks!

Yep. This one's a keeper.

1. She's going to get a second opinion, I believe. We don't have an update on that yet.

2. Ellie is being kept in the know, but child is going ... wait, I might not be remembering correctly, because of other foster/adopt threads going on at the same time.

3. Slash updates us daily, so you just have to wait until the next installment of "As the Stomach Turns."

• Like 6

Thanks!

She's trying to find another doctor.

Taco Bell.

• Like 3

1. She's going to get a second opinion, I believe. We don't have an update on that yet.

2. Ellie is being kept in the know, but child is going ... wait, I might not be remembering correctly, because of other foster/adopt threads going on at the same time.

3. Slash updates us daily, so you just have to wait until the next installment of "As the Stomach Turns."

Updates? Is that what we're calling them?

My legs hurt.

I drank lemonade backwards.

• Like 2

She's trying to find another doctor.

Taco Bell.

Ellie's "baby" is with other family. Ellie has put her name in as an interested party if other situations with family fall through.

Thank you.  Because 473 pages.

• Like 6

#noh means no H on the Booya(h).  She says the baby doesn't the H, but we all know it's her. :001_rolleyes:

Yeah, no. Thebabies don't like the H.  There may be only one right now, but trust me, the babies don't like the H.

I get all messed up when Ellie leaves us for a long time. :willy_nilly:

She'll be back. Because Queen.

• Like 1

sometimes, to keep you alive longer, they do things to kill you.  I think it works out in the end.  For example, I'm very glad for my time with Dd.