Menu

Ignore this thread!

(((Susan))) (((Susan's dd))))

That's heartbreaking about the choir director's mistake. And somehow just not right.

I know the mistake wasn't intentional, but it seems the co-op directors are batting big fat zeros this year. Dd12 worked so hard getting her Latin pronunciation just right for the audition pieces ... I am so sad for the girls (I think there were 6 who auditioned). :(

I know the mistake wasn't intentional, but it seems the co-op directors are batting big fat zeros this year. Dd12 worked so hard getting her Latin pronunciation just right for the audition pieces ... I am so sad for the girls (I think there were 6 who auditioned). :(

Oh, no. I truly hate it when children are disappointed. It is especially hard when there is nothing we can do to change the situation. Is there anything that can be done?

Hugs to all the girls, especially, you and your dd.

• Like 2

Hi everyone. I slept in until 9.

Dawn, did he bring the deer home or did it run off?

Lynn, I saw that.

Renai, you're graduating no matter what, right?

Oh, the deer, it hobbled into a field. My dh is not a hunter or into wild game at all. I joke with him that if we ever go hungry for any reason, I will have to be the one to go hunting. :D

We called our neighbor, and he went out to look for it.

• Like 2

Ellie is posting all over the hive. No worries.

Dawn, I hope he got the deer. I'd hate for it to take days to die. :(

Yay and boo where applicable. Thanks for the hugs. It probably wouldn't hurt so bad if Quackers hadn't left me in the cold rain for 2 hours.

Going to try to go back to bed. Goodnight everyone.

• Like 4

Ugh. Just got an email from dd12's co-op choir director. The director made a mistake in the girls' honor choir audition registrations and they have all been disqualified. Dd will be heartbroken.

:(   :grouphug:  I'm so sorry.  What a blow to the girls.

We placed 5th. Oh my! On our first trip to state. Wow. Can't wait to read up on all y'all.

That is fantastic!

Baby #5 is so sweet it's killing me.  At bedtime now, he pats my arm and nuzzles into my neck and starts singing along with me (in baby words) our Dearest Duckling nighttime lullaby.  At the end he sings "day....is.....done," so sweetly, and then keeps on humming until I rock him into his crib and tuck him in. 

I need 15 more of him.  20 would be fine.   That's greedy, I know, but I'm addicted.  :001_wub:

I will add Baby #5 to my list.  He is the only boy on my list.  I don't know why because boys are easier (in my house) so I should put more boy on the list of kids to steal and raise as my own.  I shall refer to them as the "milk carton crew".

• Like 2

She just wrote back that the policy is assignments have to be turned in within a week, and she can't veer from that. I may need to take this up to appeals. However that is done.

What would happen if you filed the incomplete and then rehanded in all the work.  Is that possible?  Then you've jumped through their red tape and you are still done with the actual work even if the official proof takes a bit longer to get to you.  

• Like 5

What would happen if you filed the incomplete and then rehanded in all the work.  Is that possible?  Then you've jumped through their red tape and you are still done with the actual work even if the official proof takes a bit longer to get to you.  

If she won't budge, this is what I would do.  You have a legitimate health/hospitalization issue.

• Like 3

I'm pm'ing the letter I'm sending to student services. She said the incomplete had to be filed yesterday.

She said it had to be filed yesterday (she told me yesterday).

If she won't budge, this is what I would do.  You have a legitimate health/hospitalization issue.

I'm pm'ing ya'll the letter I'm sending to student services. I need other eyes.

• Like 4

This is how I plan to get more babies. Or, actually, just having them dropped off at my house in little baskets with diapers and formula.

You could try what dd12 did a few years back and put a big sign on your front door welcoming all orphans babies and children to your home. It didn't work, but probably amused the neighbors and UPS man.

• Like 5

I am trying very hard not to hate her.

Nah, I don't hate her. She's being a stickler about a very new policy. One in which, I told her, still has kinks to work out. I told her that perhaps she or I can get clarification about this policy. It started about 6-7 weeks ago. I'm sure it was to stop the folks who thought it was ok to turn in stuff weeks after it was due. I've been late before (recorded on this thread!), but I've seen discussion posts from week 2 being submitted on the last day of class in week 5 from people. That isn't fair to anyone. But, this is not that type of situation.

• Like 4

I haven't figured that out yet. I keep having dreams that it has happened, so I think it will, one day.

I wish there was a better system in place to deal with unwanted babies. The only reason I haven't adopted yet is because I don't have $50,000 laying around. I know I keep complaining about the same thing, but we're good, loving women and all those babies in orphanages around the world would be happy to have us.

• Like 4

My back from my injury, my uterus which is normal for pregnant me, my girly parts from the yeast infection. My back is the worst. I'm supposed to take Percocet when it's this bad but the nurse on call said that carries risks. I took acidamenefin (spelling champyon 2015!) but it still hurts so bad.

Oh dear. :( I used to get sciatica from early on.

PSA: people who hum random, repetitive, pointless tunes in public should be taken out and shot. Or at least removed to a designated part of the planet where they can hum to each other.

They're stimming. My older daughter does this. :( She also taps things. It is incredibly irritating and she doesn't even know she's doing it. She hums all the time.

• Like 2

Lynn hates my son. :(

Of course I don't!  But, I will say we have long had a rule that there is no singing in the kitchen, lol.  My 7yo dd and I were in Panera when the humming offense occurred and after we left and I mentioned it, she was as offended as I was.  She said she was thinking of asking the woman to stop, lol. 

• Like 2

I sing while I clean. Seriously.

Sure!  I can see that.  In most of the house.  But not in the kitchen.  Unless singer is alone.  Because singing while other people are eating (trust me there is always at least one person in the kitchen eating, lol), is just wrong.  Unless you're serenading.  Which no one here is qualified to do.  Nor does my kitchen serve food worthy of serenading with mood lighting.  :D

I know.  I'm a bit quirky.  You can feel sorry for my kids if you want. 

• Like 1

Are you feeling any better?

I cried this morning from back pain. It was so bad. I would have stayed home but I had the sermon on my flash drive because I finished it at home because I didn't want to stay at work because my back hurt! Oi! But I don't have to leave the house until Tuesday so hopefully I can get some rest in. I'm not supposed to sit. Car, work, and church all require sitting. Poor me. Everyone send chocolate.

Nausea has been pretty good. The lemonade is really helping.

• Like 2

Sure!  I can see that.  In most of the house.  But not in the kitchen.  Unless singer is alone.  Because singing while other people are eating (trust me there is always at least one person in the kitchen eating, lol), is just wrong.  Unless you're serenading.  Which no one here is qualified to do.  Nor does my kitchen serve food worthy of serenading with mood lighting.  :D

I know.  I'm a bit quirky.  You can feel sorry for my kids if you want. 

I now officially feel sorry for your kids. I sing all the time. And the kitchen/dining/living room is one room. So, there's that.

• Like 3

I now officially feel sorry for your kids. I sing all the time. And the kitchen/dining/living room is one room. So, there's that.

Well, singing is better than random, repetitive, pointless humming! 

Personally, I think singing a lot is good for the home in theory.  We just have a couple noise sensitive people, self included. 

• Like 2

I cried this morning from back pain. It was so bad. I would have stayed home but I had the sermon on my flash drive because I finished it at home because I didn't want to stay at work because my back hurt! Oi! But I don't have to leave the house until Tuesday so hopefully I can get some rest in. I'm not supposed to sit. Car, work, and church all require sitting. Poor me. Everyone send chocolate.

Nausea has been pretty good. The lemonade is really helping.

I like that the lemonade is helping.  I don't like the back pain!  So glad you're home for a few days!

• Like 2

Of course I don't!  But, I will say we have long had a rule that there is no singing in the kitchen, lol.  My 7yo dd and I were in Panera when the humming offense occurred and after we left and I mentioned it, she was as offended as I was.  She said she was thinking of asking the woman to stop, lol. 

Singing is not humming random repetitive things though. We have the same rule about singing, which they can help. Humming. She can't help.

• Like 1

Anyone know (Krissi?) how to deflate a soccer ball without wrecking it?

I'm sorry, I don't! We know a myriad ways to wreck a soccer ball (kick it into the rose bush, leave it behind bushes for months till it rots, play on road till it shreds), but I can't tell you how to deflate it without wrecking it.

Are you packing a Samaritan's Purse box? Because one of the gift suggestions was a deflated soccer ball with pump, and I thought, I have never seen a deflated soccer ball, and a pump with the ball wouldn't fit in the box!

• Like 3