Menu

Ignore this thread!

5 hours ago, Slache said:

It's not time, they just want me in better shape before they do anything, but I'm not getting better.

(((Slachie)))

Have they checked your thyroid? If so, do you know your numbers? Much of the pain your'e describing can be caused by untreated thyroid/Hashimoto's.

Have they suggested/have you eliminated foods like dairy and foods containing gluten?

Do we still booya? Because it's a hope-Slache-feels-better-soon booya!

Edited by Ellie
  • Like 5

• Replies 216.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Slache

• Susan in TN

• Jean in Newcastle

• KrissiK

48 minutes ago, Ellie said:

(((Slachie)))

Have they checked your thyroid? If so, do you know your numbers? Much of the pain your'e describing can be caused by untreated thyroid/Hashimoto's.

Have they suggested/have you eliminated foods like dairy and foods containing gluten?

Do we still booya? Because it's a hope-Slache-feels-better-soon booya!

Yes. My mother had hashis and had hers removed at 21. I got it tested regularly as a kid because I was always so tired, but never an issue. I shared my last two FREE T3 and FREE T4 with you, as well as whatever the third thing is and you oked the numbers each time. This was in 2019 and 2020, I believe. I have had it checked since then, all good. 

I have been diagnosed with lupus, rheumatoid arthritis, epilepsy, stage 2 kidney failure, non alcoholic fatty liver disease, and with chronic edema from my kidneys. The pain is from the lupus and rheumatoid arthritis. People keep telling me I have fibro, but the symptoms are all wrong. Right words, wrong description.

I eat Whole30, which is basically paleo. Every morning I have eggs, potatoes and fruit or I fast, every afternoon I have a green smoothie and every evening I have something that usually consists of three quarters veggies and I am going to die from food boredom. 

• Like 3
  • Sad 2

The sun has gone down behind the houses and trees and I can feel the cold coming back.  Schools are closed again tomorrow.  I don't know what we should have for dinner.  Usually we have pizza but we don't have any pizza.  I guess we'll have spaghetti.

Edited by Susan in TN
  • Like 2

38 minutes ago, Susan in TN said:

whitehawk, on 22 May 2016 - 10:38 AM, said:

ITT rule Section WTM-4.6J, No ITTer shall die for any reason.

I knew this was coming. 

17 minutes ago, KrissiK said:

Big announcement here....I had lunch with Ikslo today. She is just wonderful!!

I love ikslo! I can't wait to see her again. 

• Like 3

11 hours ago, Slache said:

Yes. My mother had hashis and had hers removed at 21. I got it tested regularly as a kid because I was always so tired, but never an issue. I shared my last two FREE T3 and FREE T4 with you, as well as whatever the third thing is and you oked the numbers each time. This was in 2019 and 2020, I believe. I have had it checked since then, all good. 

I have been diagnosed with lupus, rheumatoid arthritis, epilepsy, stage 2 kidney failure, non alcoholic fatty liver disease, and with chronic edema from my kidneys. The pain is from the lupus and rheumatoid arthritis. People keep telling me I have fibro, but the symptoms are all wrong. Right words, wrong description.

I eat Whole30, which is basically paleo. Every morning I have eggs, potatoes and fruit or I fast, every afternoon I have a green smoothie and every evening I have something that usually consists of three quarters veggies and I am going to die from food boredom. 

Holy cow. (((Slache))))

Some people react to potatoes, FYI, because white potatoes are in the nightshade family and should be avoided by peeps with autoimmune conditions. Sweet potatoes are fine. Eggs are also on the list of foods which may cause inflammation. They don't bother me, but still. The Autoimmune Protocol is an elimination diet which helps you find out which foods, if any, are problems for you. I only react to dairy.

I have a vague memory of discussing your Frees and Reverse T3, which many doctors don't test because the insurance companies have not caught up on the science (neither have the doctors) and so might not cover the cost.

• Like 2

I tried out some bare minerals foundation tonight. I think it looked natural but was nice because it covered my under eye circles. However, if I start to wear makeup, I think I'll have to wear it for the rest of my life, and I'm afraid to commit. And my skin felt sticky... is that a normal feeling with makeup? 

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Ellie said:

Holy cow. (((Slache))))

Some people react to potatoes, FYI, because white potatoes are in the nightshade family and should be avoided by peeps with autoimmune conditions. Sweet potatoes are fine. Eggs are also on the list of foods which may cause inflammation. They don't bother me, but still. The Autoimmune Protocol is an elimination diet which helps you find out which foods, if any, are problems for you. I only react to dairy.

I have a vague memory of discussing your Frees and Reverse T3, which many doctors don't test because the insurance companies have not caught up on the science (neither have the doctors) and so might not cover the cost.

I have eliminated eggs, nightshades and whatever the family of things grapes are in is, but they didn't matter. It's just dairy, gluten and happiness. Thanks!

3 hours ago, Dianthus said:

I tried out some bare minerals foundation tonight. I think it looked natural but was nice because it covered my under eye circles. However, if I start to wear makeup, I think I'll have to wear it for the rest of my life, and I'm afraid to commit. And my skin felt sticky... is that a normal feeling with makeup? 

I never liked makeup like that. If I can tell I'm wearing makeup, I ain't wearing it. I haven't worn it in years, but I did under eye, foundation, blush, eye shadow and mascara. I bought everything from Target. I don't know if I could do that now because my skin is much more sensitive. 

I stopped wearing it because tired, and when it dried out I never replaced it, if it magically replenished I'd wear it again. I'll probably buy it before my high school reunion. 🤣

Oh, and tinted chapstick. Seriously, it's lovely, adds so much color and, most importantly, is not lipstick.

• Like 2

Morning Happy Monday.

Up early today because I need to drive a couple towns over to pick up dry ice for class, and dh needs to go with me and drop me off since he needs the car because he has a doctors appointment today and ds has class.   Normally ds's Monday and Wednesday class is late enough that dh just will come home from work a little early so ds can have the car and it won't effect me at all, but not today.   Of course.  Since I have an early errand to run.

Tomorrow I'm going for my CT Calcium score test and it's the day dh and I normally car pool since ds has his earlier class.  My test is at 7am so it won't be a big deal (even though dh usually starts work at 6am or even earlier but he can start at home on the computer).  

Two days in a row of not getting to sit and relax with my tea and breakfast, instead I'll be eating once I get to work.  

• Like 3

Good morning!  It's The Queen's favorite day!

Sun is shining in the sky, there ain't a cloud in sight....🎵

I was trying to cook some eggs and make coffee at the same time and had to clean out the coffee maker and in the process spilled a big cup of dirt and then the dogs started barking at each other and I thought I was going to lose it.

Little Pup was quiet until 7am today.  I heard him stir around 4am but then he settled down again.  I didn't sleep after that because I got paranoid that our heater would stop working and we'd all freeze.

Ds19 is heading to CC class - the first class session of the semester was cancelled last week but they are holding classes today.  If he can get out of the neighborhood without incident, it will be clear sailing.  It should be above freezing by the time he gets out of class.  I'm planning to head to the grocery store when he gets back.  

Tomorrow begins a week of rain, but we have sunny skies for today!

Coffee!

• Like 2

Good Morning!

Happy Monday!

Survived homeschooling.  No one died, per regulations.

Trying to do some putting away and cleaning up.

I need to schedule a bunch of doctor's appointments and I don't wanna.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

13 minutes ago, Junie said:

I need to schedule a bunch of doctor's appointments and I don't wanna.

I needed to scheduled an appoitment, and so I was sitting watching an episode of "S.W.A.T" on Netflix 🙂 and the doctor's office called me to follow up on a tele-appointment we had last week, because they were concerenced about me. ❤️ I think I found the right medical care; we had to change last year because [insert long story]. and it's *hard* to find a PCP who will do All the Things [insert another long story explaining what All the Things are].

Mr. Ellie is working from home today, which makes things weird for me. Why? IDK. I have an appointment with my opthamalogist later today, which leaves me lots of time to goof off before I have to leave the house. Mr. Ellie just emptied the dishwasher. What a guy! Anyway, it's cold and rainy here; last week it was just cold (but not snow); almost 2" of rain in my backyard overnight and still cold, but at least it isn't in the freezing-the-street zone.

That is all.

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, Ellie said:

no, that is not normal, especially not mineral make-up.

Hmm. My mom had said to put on moisturizer first, which I did for dd. However, I moisturized my face in the morning then tried the makeup in the evening so maybe I should have moisturized again? Or maybe I put it on too thick? I didn't like the stickiness and it was horrible to try to wash off. I've never worn foundation. If I'm horribly pale, I'll sometimes wear a little blush and about once a year for a Christmas party, I wear blush and dry powder.

• Like 1

My A1c was the lowest number for pre-diabetes. I think it was 5.7. I've been overall avoiding carbs and sugar, though at Christmas I indulged some. This is a 3 month measurement. I've been exercising most days. I have about 8-10 lbs to lose that is fat on belly and thighs. Maybe the high A1c is because of the excess weight? I don't know but I'm going to try harder to lose the weight. I've mostly been doing strength training but going to do more cardio. Also, I was really sick the weekend before the test and recovery foods were all starches and sugar. Could that have thrown off the test? My Dr hasn't called yet. I just saw results on the portal.

I didn't do vitamin d test because insurance wouldn't cover it and it was expensive. 

I'm going to start taking coq10 because it's supposed to help with peri-menopausal symptoms (if that's what's going on) as well as a1c. My cholesterol was slightly high and A1c should help that too. Just trying to figure out when to take A1c. I take multi vitamin at breakfast and calcium/vit d at dinner so maybe should take coq10 at lunch?

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Dianthus said:

Also, I was really sick the weekend before the test and recovery foods were all starches and sugar. Could that have thrown off the test?

No, A1C is based on the average of the last ~3 months; one bad weekend shouldn't matter.

I've heard great things about a book called Mastering Diabetes (and it's endorsed by a couple of doctors who usually point out the flaws in other people's work).

I don't wanna do all the things!

*feels a glare from an ITT mom on duty through the internet*

Okay, I will at least check the laundry.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Sitting here at the dinner table helping Baby write poetry for her English class.  It's bad poetry.  Partly because we did the limerick first and once you've got that rhythm in your head you can forget about writing anything else.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

13 hours ago, Dianthus said:

Hmm. My mom had said to put on moisturizer first, which I did for dd. However, I moisturized my face in the morning then tried the makeup in the evening so maybe I should have moisturized again? Or maybe I put it on too thick? I didn't like the stickiness and it was horrible to try to wash off. I've never worn foundation. If I'm horribly pale, I'll sometimes wear a little blush and about once a year for a Christmas party, I wear blush and dry powder.

This might be just me, but if I'm putting on makeup at the end of the day, I'm going to wash my face again.

I cannot imagine why a powder mineral makeup was sticky. Maybe you could go to the Bare Minerals store and ask for advice and stuff.

• Like 2

Makeup always feels yucky to me these days.  Either sticky or thick or slimy.  I can't wear it anymore.   Even bb cream feels heavy to me lately.

I was up early again today to go to my ct scan.  I was at work 2 hours earlier than the earliest possible time I needed to be here.   I just finished breakfast, I'm waiting a few minutes to take my antibiotic, then I'm going to go wash dishes.  I still have over 90 minutes before classes start.  

• Like 3

Good morning!

It is considerably warmer today than it has been in a good while.  I just took Little Pup out to potty (for the 4th time so far today) with out my down puffy and gloves.

I am struggling to even look at my list.  Prolly I need more

Coffee!

• Like 1

Good Morning!!!

COFFEE!!~D

Humph Day!!!

School for some, work for others.

I have 2 family meetings today.  Those are relatively local. Yesterday I drove out to the Far Reaches of the County again. I’m getting too many families out there to be able to do it in one day. I ended up tacking a bonus meeting on to the end of the day, so I got home late. I really really really hate driving in the dark.

I have a three seed combo that I put in my smoothie. I can’t remember what they all are…. flax, hemp and chia maybe. The package said it was healthy.

Edited by KrissiK
  • Like 2

Good Morning!

Happy Wednesday!

Not much going on here today.  Yesterday was dd19's first driving lesson.  We didn't go anywhere; I just taught her the ins and outs of the vehicle.  Later it took me several minutes to get the driver's seat back in the position I like it. :)

• Like 1

Good morning!

That reminds me that dd15 can now get her drivers permit.  She has to pass the written test first, though.  And then agree to learn how to drive the 12-passenger van.  

The mail was finally delivered yesterday after a week's hiatus.  There are some things in there that need to be opened.

Today I need to send a text, make a phone call, do the van plate renewal (online), and do a couple laundry things.  If I can accomplish those things, I will feel like progress has been made.  Better get started.  But first, 

Coffee!

• Like 1