Menu

Ignore this thread!

3 hours ago, Slache said:

I don't think it was a scam scam, just a real salesman being scammy. He knew my uncle was next of kin. And he didn't want my payment info, he wanted to connect me with a real funeral home and was ready with options. It seemed like he would get a referral fee because what he really wanted was for me to pick a place and call immediately and he had the cheapest one available because he knew the situation. I do know funeral homes pay for referrals because I know someone who worked for one.

I don't care about "dignified". I see no dignity in death. Awful thing to say though. 

He probably figures he can rope a whole lotta people in who are distressed and haven't had time to think things through.

Oh nice.  A Scammy PoopooHead Booya!

(no H, just for Slachey)   

ITT Fight Song

We are ITT    
a happy lucky posting family  
We are ITT  
Get up everybody and sing!

Jean, 10/2020

Edited by Susan in TN
  • Like 1

• Replies 216.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Slache

• Susan in TN

• Jean in Newcastle

• KrissiK

I somehow missed the bacon jam. I plan to continue missing it.

3 minutes ago, Susan in TN said:

He probably figures he can rope a whole lotta people in who are distressed and haven't had time to think things through.

I assume. I'm going to call someone when I feel up to figuring out whoever that is. He specifically said spending $1,200 would save me from $10,000, which also sounded off. The whole thing is off. And nasty. If it's a lie I hope all of this guys pants are too short.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Servant4Christ said:

Inquiring minds MUST know more about this bacon jam. Preferably with a recipe and pictures... Oh and a virtual sniff and sample would've lovely.

Someone on the chat board posted about it last year or year before. We love it.

https://www.theendlessmeal.com/the-best-bacon-jam/

I'm going to make another batch for New Years and next year I'm giving as gifts instead of sweets.

Eta, we served with brie, crackers and Sliced Italian bread

Edited by Dianthus
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Good morning!

I've taken Little Pup out 17 times and took Sir Pups-a-lot on his morning constitutional.  They are both napping now and I think I'll get some breakfast.

The renters across the street have moved out and it looks like the house is undergoing some maintenance.  I wonder if they plan to sell or rent again.

Coffee!

• Like 3

Good Morning.!!!!

No COFFEE!!!!~D yet. I need to go downstairs and get some. The girls are still sleeping. These hotel beds are amazingly uncomfortable.

We go home today. Our whale watching cruise has been canceled twice now due to the high surf warning. Yesterday we went shopping at the outlets in Gilroy and then went to Santa Cruz.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Slache said:

Matt wants some

It's sold at Walmart 

No No No 

It's not at a Walmart anywhere near here. I'm the only person in my house that's intrigued by this. The others think I've lost my mind. But,... it's BACON so it's gotta be good! The only bacon I've ever not liked is Canadian bacon (which is NOT bacon!) so it doesn't count.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, KrissiK said:

We go home today. Our whale watching cruise has been canceled twice now due to the high surf warning. 

I saw that your waves made the news.  A whale watching cruise sounds really cool!

1 hour ago, Servant4Christ said:

It's not at a Walmart anywhere near here. I'm the only person in my house that's intrigued by this. The others think I've lost my mind. But,... it's BACON so it's gotta be good! The only bacon I've ever not liked is Canadian bacon (which is NOT bacon!) so it doesn't count.

Our local Kroger carries a bacon pepper jam that is quite tasty.

• Like 1

Morning Happy Saturday.

dh wants to finally finish painting the kitchen before he's back at work next week so today we're taking down the tree and decorations, and doing laundry (it kind of lives in part of the kitchen since the laundry nook is off the kitchen) so we can box up stuff in the kitchen to clear the space for him to paint the wall tomorrow.   Bright side (other than the kitchen finally being done) is that the long counter that's getting cleared off, maybe we can put stuff back in a better manner and actually make that space more usable.  One end of it is kind of my "office" space where I can set up my computer and get work done.   It would be nice if that was set up better  

Other than that, it's the usual.  Cleaning up at work, planning classes, etc.   I set up a schedule for ads so I can spread them out to all the many many Facebook groups I'm on.  Many people are on multiples so if I spread them out instead of sharing to all of them at once, people will be more likely to see them.   Plus I have a lot of stuff coming up - next session registration, summer camp, an open house in January, then next years schedule, I ran a survey.   So I want to make sure I'm not overwhelming any one place with a ton of ads.  Plus I'm trying to do better with sharing fun (not ad) stuff to instagram.   We shall see how that goes.  

• Like 4

I hit 100,000 meters at my row class today and everyone cheered for me. 🥰  Also got a personal record split time of 1:56.  Then went to grocery store (they were out of bacon pepper jam! 😭).

I've been going to bed around 9 every night lately due to dark o'clock ventures with Little Pup into the cold cold night but tonight I have to go get dd14 at the scout meetup place.  I don't expect that anyone will make it to church in the morning.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

I made a new recipe. It was pork and mushroom stew. It was good. You serve it over mashed potatoes, but the potatoes have a Granny Smith apple mashed with it. I thought it was all very good, but oldest DD was acting like I was trying to kill her by putting an apple in with the potatoes.  I was just following the recipe.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Apple in potatoes. Hmm. Yes, that's different, though pork is often served with applesauce. Once, I made fried apples and onions, which was Almanzo's favorite in Farmer Boy. It was not good. Apples were just mushy and was all sweet.

Today I made apple sauce since I had apples aging in my fridge and was running out of room. 

I don't want to go to church tomorrow because I was embarrassed by dd3 caterwauling at the end of the Christmas Eve service (no nursery since it was Christmas). We forgot to sit in the back and neither of us wanted to make the walk to the cry room and just kept trying to shush her. Maybe if I skip this week, everyone will forget about last week.

• Like 2

Good morning!  It's New Year's Eve!

Ds28 has taken Big Pup on his morning constitutional and Little Pup is in his play area acting out his morning crazies.  Dd17 is returning from winter camp at some point today - maybe late morning.  They have been planning to go to an afternoon NYE masquerade ball - I guess we'll see if they feel up to it.

Coffee!

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Dianthus said:

Apple in potatoes. Hmm. Yes, that's different, though pork is often served with applesauce. Once, I made fried apples and onions, which was Almanzo's favorite in Farmer Boy. It was not good. Apples were just mushy and was all sweet.

Today I made apple sauce since I had apples aging in my fridge and was running out of room. 

I don't want to go to church tomorrow because I was embarrassed by dd3 caterwauling at the end of the Christmas Eve service (no nursery since it was Christmas). We forgot to sit in the back and neither of us wanted to make the walk to the cry room and just kept trying to shush her. Maybe if I skip this week, everyone will forget about last week.

They've already forgotten. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Susan in TN said:

Do you have any New Year's Eve traditions?

We generally watch a bunch of movies and have appetizers for dinner.

We go to bed at 9 because I have the most boring children ever. But my MIL had the most amazing idea that I would love to implement. She has 5 children, 22 grandchildren, 17 grandchildren when she shared this idea.

It was very important to her to have everyone at her house on Christmas morning, but that didn't happen, so she wanted to have a NYE party/sleepover with all of them. Appetizers, drinks, desserts, and board games. All of the kids in their childhood bedrooms and all of the cousins in her giant living room. It was a converted double garage, so it absolutely would have comfortably accommodated 17, probably 30 children. In the morning she was going to host grandma Christmas. Gifts for everyone, stockings that she handmade for every child, in law and grandchild except for me (true story), and Christmas breakfast. 

I thought that was the coolest idea ever and I would love for my family to do it. Her plan never came to fruition. 

• Like 2

Now I'm boiling about the stocking again. To my math she made 33 stockings. She would hand them out at Christmas and remind me that if I understood how hard they were to make I'd understand why I didn't have one. She also told me it wasn't her responsibility because I wasn't her child, but she needed to make one for everyone else so they felt like members of the family. She told me to buy myself one at Petsmart because they were cheap. Every time she finished one she sent me a picture. I got 3-5 pictures of other people's stockings a year, usually with a promise that she was making mine next.

About 6 months after we went no contact she sent me a stocking. It came with a letter that I was only allowed to keep it if we put the past in the past and never bring up anything we wrote in the original letter ever again. I sent it back. She took my name off of it and put her name on it. I don't really understand why. Probably the same reason she switched my husband's wedding ring to match hers and insisted on sleeping with my husband while I slept on the couch when she visited. She really wants my husband to be hers.

I do not miss that woman.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 2

Good Morning!!

COFFEE!!~D

Sunday!!

Happy New Year’s Eve. I saw on the news yesterday that all these people are getting married today because the date is 12-31-23 and that is cool. 

Church today.

We don’t have any traditions. Some years we are invited to parties, other years we (thankfully) aren’t. When the kids were little we stayed home. watched the ball drop in NYC in real time and put them to bed at 9:00. Then we went to bed at 10:00. Woke up at midnight when neighbor shot off his fireworks and then went back to sleep.

Tonight, we haven’t been invited to anything, I got some appetizers and sparkling cider, so I suppose we’ve have some kind of movie marathon and eat junk food.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Slache said:

Now I'm boiling about the stocking again. To my math she made 33 stockings. She would hand them out at Christmas and remind me that if I understood how hard they were to make I'd understand why I didn't have one. She also told me it wasn't her responsibility because I wasn't her child, but she needed to make one for everyone else so they felt like members of the family. She told me to buy myself one at Petsmart because they were cheap. Every time she finished one she sent me a picture. I got 3-5 pictures of other people's stockings a year, usually with a promise that she was making mine next.

About 6 months after we went no contact she sent me a stocking. It came with a letter that I was only allowed to keep it if we put the past in the past and never bring up anything we wrote in the original letter ever again. I sent it back. She took my name off of it and put her name on it. I don't really understand why. Probably the same reason she switched my husband's wedding ring to match hers and insisted on sleeping with my husband while I slept on the couch when she visited. She really wants my husband to be hers.

I do not miss that woman.

That's messed up.

• Like 2