Menu

Ignore this thread!

Morning.  Today is paperwork and laundry.   

I have all week for the paperwork but I'm trying not to fall into the trap of "relaxing" my first few days off and then having to rush at the end.   I have a lot of paperwork to do so I want to spread it out.   I have to prepare detailed plans for camps since I won't be working most of them, write up instructions for my new admin, and a few other regular maintenance things.    

ETA:  huh, a no procrastinating on the paperwork booya. 

Edited by Wheres Toto
  • Like 4

• Replies 216.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Slache

• Susan in TN

• Jean in Newcastle

• KrissiK

3 hours ago, Dianthus said:

Woke up at 4 because dd lost her pacifier. Should we break the habit. She's 2.5 . 

Yes. I broke my kids' habit very early because I noticed it always kept them more awake than asleep because they were always looking for it. My granddaughter goes to sleep with a sippy cup of water. Same thing. She's also 2.5. I'm not really in a position to change that habit though since she'll be starting at my daughter's school next week.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, ikslo said:

Can you order it online, or has it been discontinued? 

Here it is. It's actually new to the store. Maybe they are just out but I don't see a place for it. I used the rest of my first box last night and I have one more. It's annoying because they have regular sales of $5 off 2 so I'd prefer to buy there.

6 hours ago, Renai said:

Yes. I broke my kids' habit very early because I noticed it always kept them more awake than asleep because they were always looking for it. My granddaughter goes to sleep with a sippy cup of water. Same thing. She's also 2.5. I'm not really in a position to change that habit though since she'll be starting at my daughter's school next week.

How did you break the habit?

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Dianthus said:

Here it is. It's actually new to the store. Maybe they are just out but I don't see a place for it. I used the rest of my first box last night and I have one more. It's annoying because they have regular sales of $5 off 2 so I'd prefer to buy there.

How did you break the habit?

With my kids, they were really young, so it would be different - I just stopped giving it to them.

For my granddaughter (I've been watching her daily while my daughter works), I switched her milk to water first. She had a hissy fit, daily, but honestly, I didn't have any milk to give her because we don't drink cow milk. I laid with her and turned on music so she'd calm down. After she got used to water, and when she'd wake for the cup, I'd stroke her face. It didn't always work, but basically it's just switching one soothing thing for another. I was weaning slowly. I really needed her to sleep through her nap (not waking early, or screaming for milkies/water), because I had classes to teach during that time, which is why I went through any effort. She'll start going to my daughter's school on the first of June, so they can deal with it then, lol!

• Like 3

Good Morning!

Happy Monday!

I played volleyball last night.  Now, I wasn't very good, mind you, but neither were most of the people I was playing with.  I set aside my cane and took off my shoes and played barefoot.  I have much better balance barefoot than I do wearing shoes and hardwood floors are a lot more forgiving than concrete.  I had such a lovely time and was able to play for a much longer period than I expected to.

Now, this morning, I need to make a to do list.  And maybe I'll actually do something on it. :)

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Morning, Happy Monday Memorial Day.

I got through quite a bit of one part of my to-do list yesterday.  I have five of my summer camps fully planned and ready for my other teachers, with just three more to go, to of which I'm going to be one of the teachers so I won't need to do as much detail for those.

The other priority is the instructions for my admin so those will be next.  I'll be meeting with her the end of the week to go over the job so I need to have that as ready as possible.   

Laundry is almost all done.   Just two more loads to do, towels from home and the science center, and one in the dryer getting fluffed. 

I feel like I was very productive yesterday.   I do need to run by work today to check on things but I'm waiting until it's late enough all the parade crowds will be gone.   

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Someone just knocked on the door sending Juliet into a frenzy of barking. I am still in my bathrobe and dh is still asleep. I opened the door to find a post-it that says “You are cool” on it. From one of the neighbor kids. (The child had already fled.). They have left me lollipops before. I’m trying to think of what I might have around here to leave at their door for the “cool kids”. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

Someone just knocked on the door sending Juliet into a frenzy of barking. I am still in my bathrobe and dh is still asleep. I opened the door to find a post-it that says “You are cool” on it. From one of the neighbor kids. (The child had already fled.). They have left me lollipops before. I’m trying to think of what I might have around here to leave at their door for the “cool kids”. 

The note was probably for Juliet.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

I made a origami swan for the neighbor kids.  I then printed out instructions and folded samples for each of the seven steps to make it.  I put in a bunch of origami papers for them to use.  And I took it over to the neighbor girl who had given me the note.  (I knew which girl brought it because of our Ring camera.) 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

We are home from Family Camp. Lovely time, as usual. It was beautiful up there, but the winter really took its toll. And there were a couple of floods, so lots of damage and debris still. I hung out with my girls most of the time and we did crafts in the craft room. I never do crafts except at Family Camp. We had a good time.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

I made a origami swan for the neighbor kids.  I then printed out instructions and folded samples for each of the seven steps to make it.  I put in a bunch of origami papers for them to use.  And I took it over to the neighbor girl who had given me the note.  (I knew which girl brought it because of our Ring camera.) 

I love it!

3 hours ago, KrissiK said:

We are home from Family Camp. Lovely time, as usual. It was beautiful up there, but the winter really took its toll. And there were a couple of floods, so lots of damage and debris still. I hung out with my girls most of the time and we did crafts in the craft room. I never do crafts except at Family Camp. We had a good time.

Also love this!

• Like 3

Good Morning!!!

COFFEE!!~D

Tuesday!!

School and work. Today I am driving to the mountains to visit a couple of school families. One who was new to my roster this year, but I never met them in person because of where they live. The other family lives in the same place and will be on my roster next school year. It’s an hour and a half drive each way. I’m looking forward to the visit, not the drive.

• Like 5

44 minutes ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

It’s Tuesday. It doesn’t feel like it should be Tuesday but it is. 

Yep.  And I really threw in a monkey wrench this morning when I put out the Greek yogurt, berries, and granola for breakfast.  That's a WEDNESDAY breakfast!!

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

I got middle DD's Tribute Table done for tomorrow night. It's 8th grade promotion. I think it looks good for having gone to The AFSA and thrown a bunch of carp in the cart and then threw it on a wooden grape tray with a bunch of photos. I'm sitting here admiring it because my stuff usually doesn't turn out that great.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

Good Morning!!!

COFFEE!!~D

Humph Day!!

Today is Baby’s Sixth Grade Salute.  That’s this morning. It’s the little ceremony thing for promoting to junior high. Then work. Then middle DD’s 8th grade Promotion tonight.  Too many things.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Morning Happy Wednesday.  

Had to get up super early this morning to take dh for his colonoscopy.    Didn't sleep well because of really bad acid reflux so I really should go take a nap but then I won't sleep tonight.   

Dh's uncle died so we are probably heading down tomorrow night, staying over in a hotel and then going to the funeral on Friday.  This will be the first time we leave the kids home alone overnight.  They are 15 and 17 (almost 16 and 18) and older dd is close enough to call on if they need her.    They won't need to go anywhere or do anything and nobody ever comes to our door.   We're going to make sure they are okay with it first and if there not, have older dd stay here with them.  

• Like 6

We met with the new landlord at work yesterday.    He's pretty open to various options for us to get more space but he repeatedly mentioned how much money the building loses and renovating will cost money, etc etc etc.    We offered him an amount that was a little bit over what we pay now and he acted like it was a ridiculous amount.   So we're waiting to see what he comes back with.  I have a pretty good idea what the market is like but in our area commercial spaces within 5 miles and even within the same town can vary from $11/square foot to $30/square foot without much difference in other factors.   Right now I'm definitely paying a little below market.    But he also wants to switch everything from modified gross (tenants only pay utilities and maybe some common area maintenance stuff) to triple net (tenants pay taxes, insurance, and common area maintenance).    We looked up taxes for the town we're in and the taxes alone will be an extra $500 a month.   Not great but now awful because we'd be giving up a couple storage spaces where we are paying more than our regular square footage rate.   But insurance and CAM are within his control to an extent and who knows where those are going to fall.   We could end up drastically increasing our month costs without that much of an increase in space.  

On the bright side, he is fixing our air conditioning regardless of anything else.  

We also have option of just continuing our current lease for our current space.  He has to honor it for the next year, and we have a 3 year right to renew, although we will probably leave next year if we don't get more space at a reasonable rate.  

• Like 4