• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Slache

• Susan in TN

• Jean in Newcastle

• KrissiK

18 minutes ago, Renai said:

My SIL answered my message and confirmed that yes, I put in cucumber. Sheesh. The problems I have today. 😂

3 minutes ago, KrissiK said:

Uh…. Renai, not to add to your problems, but you need to claim your Booya/h!!

1 minute ago, KrissiK said:

Renai got it. But she hasn’t claimed it. So, technically, it’s up for grabs.

19 minutes ago, Renai said:

😂

A problematic Coctel de Camaron BOOYA!

You forgot the H!

• Haha 3

I’ll catch up in a minute.

Our family went to a crawfish boil hosted by some church friends. We took 2 cars because I had told ASD Son we would leave when he said he had had enough. He decided he was done right as the crawfish were! 🥺😭 Our host tossed a few into a container for me, but I am hoping DH brings more home.

That was my day. Now I’m going to read all yours!

Edited by Green Bean
  • Like 1
  • Sad 5

2 hours ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

Now put a note on your recipe so you don’t forget next time!  

Recipe? What recipe?

2 hours ago, Servant4Christ said:

You forgot the H!

There is #noH. The Original Booya Babe (aka Slash) first came up with the Booya. Many of us followed along as is. It is all the other rebellious folks that insist on putting an H at the end. A booyah is a type of stew, not a "I'm first on the page" celebration. 😝 Booya (#noh) is the celebration!

(This is a years-long debate. It never gets old! 😂)

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Good Morning!!,

COFFEE!!!~D

Sunday!!!

Church!!

We are celebrating Mother’s Day this afternoon a week late. My mom got home late last Saturday night from Portland, so we’re celebrating today with her tWo sisters and husbands and us. It should be nice. It’s supposed to be pretty warm today.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Green Bean said:

Whaa? I’m first today! Weirdest dreams ever! I think that’s why I woke up early. I’m watching Disney’s Magic Bake Off with early riser Little Man.

Church in a bit so I will have to wake everyone soon.

I had a weird dream too. I dreamed I was with the firefighters at Hermit's Peak. I don't think I was a firefighter, though.

• Like 3

19 hours ago, Renai said:

There is #noH. The Original Booya Babe (aka Slash) first came up with the Booya. Many of us followed along as is. It is all the other rebellious folks that insist on putting an H at the end. A booyah is a type of stew, not a "I'm first on the page" celebration. 😝 Booya (#noh) is the celebration!

Screenshot_20220515-144842_Chrome.thumb.jpg.de73c675db1e82b6c4e5d730f059ad5d.jpg

Nope, we just refuse to continue with someone's spelling error because we know it's wrong. Kinda like jumping off a bridge just because someone else does. Team H doesn't cave to peer pressure.

Edited by Servant4Christ
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Servant4Christ said:

Screenshot_20220515-144842_Chrome.thumb.jpg.de73c675db1e82b6c4e5d730f059ad5d.jpg

Nope, we just refuse to continue with someone's spelling error because we know it's wrong. Kinda like jumping off a bridge just because someone else does. Team H doesn't cave to peer pressure.

It's not a spelling error, it's a different spelling.

• Like 2

So normally we take July for our long break but this year I want to take June. DD has a week of Church camp in the middle of the month anyway. We’ve been going non-stop since August 2021 completing a LOT of stuff. I know I’m fried. Math and TGTB will continue, but everything else is going to stop. 3 more weeks!

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Servant4Christ said:

Yes, phonetic. You forgot your marking symbols.

No. You missed the discussion from like 5 years ago. Booya and booyah are two different words, pronounced differently with the same meaning. You will even hear it pronounced differently in movies if you pay attention.

• Like 3

Boy Scout Troop struck out again.  We went to the thing and the leader did not show up.  I am so disappointed for ds17 who spent weeks working to get this set up and on the calendar because he needs it to get his Eagle rank.  Ds is trying really hard to contain his disappointment but I can tell he is very discouraged.  We have not gotten any response from the person so far.  Along with having to deal with the death of his cello teacher, this has been a pretty crappy week.

• Sad 5

On 5/14/2022 at 3:52 PM, Renai said:

Recipe? What recipe?

5 hours ago, Renai said:

I refuse to be eaten. #noh

5 hours ago, Servant4Christ said:

2 hours ago, Slache said:

It's not a spelling error, it's a different spelling.

And then some of us just straddle the fence with a booya/h because we refuse to take sides.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

We had egg salad, fries and green beans.

Tomorrow and the next day  is mandarin chicken salad.

The next two days are fried fish tacos and broccoli salad.

Then one day of chicken stir fry.

Then one day of burgers 

Then I dunno. Other food, probably.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, Servant4Christ said:

What's funny is the first time I got a Booyah, I had no idea about the long standing spelling debate. I just spelled it the way I knew. The teams are pretty fun, though. I have never heard of booyah as a stew. That's a Google search for another day.

Stew: https://www.google.com/search?q=booyah+stew&tbm=isch&ved=2ahUKEwja0s6z6OL3AhX_A50JHf7oCJMQ2-cCegQIABAA&oq=booyah&gs_lcp=CgNpbWcQARgAMgQIIxAnMggIABCABBCxAzIFCAAQgAQyBQgAEIAEMgUIABCABDIFCAAQgAQyBQgAEIAEMgUIABCABDIFCAAQgAQyBQgAEIAEUABYAGCFCmgAcAB4AIABjAGIAYwBkgEDMC4xmAEAqgELZ3dzLXdpei1pbWfAAQE&sclient=img&ei=waGBYpruIf-H9PwP_tGjmAk&bih=924&biw=1770

Not a spelling error (there's more references, but I'll keep it at this): https://www.etymonline.com/word/boo-ya

boo-ya (interj.)

also booyah, exclamation used in various situations, attested c. 1990 in hip-hop slang and to have been popularized by U.S. sports announcer Stuart Scott (1965-2015) on ESPN's SportsCenter. A 1991 magazine article has booyah as a Wisconsin word for "bouillon," based on an inability to spell the latter.

• Thanks 3

38 minutes ago, Green Bean said:

Little Man is determined to keep DH and I company every night by sleeping on our floor. He just does not understand why Daddy and Mommy might want privacy some times!

He wants to stay Little Man and not be Medium Man.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Spirea said:

Do you all pronounce it the same? Outsider wondering if it's boo-yeah, boo-yah, or boo-yuh..?

Pretty sure we pronounce it the same, although we haven't had a meet-up to check it out in person. Boo YAH. Or BOO-yah. But it's definitely a "yah" and not a "yuh."

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

Okay, now that I got that out of my system, it's probably not going to be that bad of a day.  

I'm teaching three classes, one is super simple and the other two aren't bad.  They are just harder because they weren't originally my classes, I picked them up after my one teacher "retired" so I find them more difficult than my preferred classes.  

Then dd and I are going to dinner and a movie again.  This time we're seeing Everything Everywhere All At Once.  It looks interesting.  

• Like 6