Menu

Ignore this thread!

24 minutes ago, Paradox5 said:

We are waiting for W-2’s still. I’m anxious because it is part 1 of “Can we buy a house?” info. 
Seriously, the IRS is saying no refunds until March?

13 minutes ago, Slache said:

Why?

They won't start processing returns that claim the additional child tax credit until Feb 15, so don't expect refunds for those until March.

If you don't qualify for that particular credit they start processing Jan 27.

• Thanks 2

19 minutes ago, lots of little ducklings said:

There are 1100 square feet in this house.  Is there a reason everybody has to occupy the 8 square feet adjacent to my body, at all times? 

I can totally relate. I went to go hide in my room and now there's a train track running throughout my room.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Slache said:

I'm planning next year. Alex will be in PreK. Are there people who do nothing for PreK? He is not school oriented.

🙋‍♀️

Nothing official. Lots of play, crafts, movement.  Very little screen time.  Reading and math starts whenever they are ready (around 4.5, for most of mine), and then I call it Kindergarten.  Which may happen for more than a year, since I start first grade officially at age 6 (when I need to report them to the district).  My grade-levels are simply aligned to age and really have nothing to do with "where the kid is at in any subject." 

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, myblessings4 said:

Ds12 wasn't school oriented, either, and while I tried to do pre k he didn't fall for it.  I finally sent him to pre k at the tumbling gym.  They spent half their time in the gym and the rest learning pre k curriculum.  The only reason I sent him, though, was so I could have one on one time with DD,  and we didn't know he was delayed then.  We just thought he was hyper and into everything.

Alex could get enough pre k just by listening to you read aloud to the others and have him count and sort and narrate and draw and stuff.

I do wonder about him being delayed with him speaking late and a few other things. My plan is to do my father's world together and artistic Pursuits together. That's a lot for him to listen to and experience. If anything strikes his fancy I've already got the letter factory, Bob books, doodle books and education unboxed ready.

3 minutes ago, lots of little ducklings said:

🙋‍♀️

Nothing official. Lots of play, crafts, movement.  Very little screen time.  Reading and math starts whenever they are ready (around 4.5, for most of mine), and then I call it Kindergarten.  Which may happen for more than a year, since I start first grade officially at age 6 (when I need to report them to the district).  My grade-levels are simply aligned to age and really have nothing to do with "where the kid is at in any subject." 

Yeah, I guess that's what we did. But both of my kids wanted a Pre-K and I don't think this one does.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, myblessings4 said:

Yeah I wouldn't add anything for Alex.  And our second oldest first showed he could read by reading signs to us.  You know, like billboards.  When he's ready, he'll let you know 

And I wouldn't force him to hang out through all of what you're doing with those two.  

I don't force him. He always hangs out and since I wanted to start another formal art curriculum I was going to buy him his own SketchBook and probably get some picture books every week from my library to correspond with our content studies.

• Like 1

OK, I'm finished. John is doing the next thing and Mary is following in his footsteps, though I heavily considered giving her something different. Goals are simple to implement and more Japanese for John because mom is slacking again.

Together:

• MFW Creation to the Greeks
  • Teaching the Classics
  • Artistic Pursuits
  • Suzuki Violin

John:

• TWWSSFS
  • Rotating Fix It! with a Spanish grammar
  • Saxon
  • Hey Andrew
  • Beginning Japanese
  • Piano

Mary:

• IEW Bible Heroes
  • Saxon
  • Hey Andrew

Baby's due late August/early September. How much time do I take off? I need 2 weeks for surgery recovery.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Slache said:

OK, I'm finished. John is doing the next thing and Mary is following in his footsteps, though I heavily considered giving her something different. Goals are simple to implement and more Japanese for John because mom is slacking again.

Together:

• MFW Creation to the Greeks
  • Teaching the Classics
  • Artistic Pursuits
  • Suzuki Violin

John:

• TWWSSFS
  • Saxon
  • Hey Andrew
  • Beginning Japanese
  • Piano

Mary:

• IEW Bible Heroes
  • Saxon
  • Hey Andrew

Baby's due late August/early September. How much time do I take off? I need 2 weeks for surgery recovery.

This is theoretically Last Baby, right?  Take off as much time as you possibly can, whenever you feel like it. Babies don't keep. 😉

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, lots of little ducklings said:

There are 1100 square feet in this house.  Is there a reason everybody has to occupy the 8 square feet adjacent to my body, at all times? 

The distance from mom to other humans must be to scale because we live in 659 sq ft and I don't get 8 sq ft to myself. It's more like 8 sq inches...if that...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

8 minutes ago, Renai said:

The distance from mom to other humans must be to scale because we live in 659 sq ft and I don't get 8 sq ft to myself. It's more like 8 sq inches...if that...

And you know what? It doesn't limit itself to the house. We were at church on Sunday, dh and Gymnast were sitting on either side of me, and both were nearly in my lap. Seriously. I was like, really?!?! I couldn't put my elbows back without hitting them!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Renai said:

And you know what? It doesn't limit itself to the house. We were at church on Sunday, dh and Gymnast were sitting on either side of me, and both were nearly in my lap. Seriously. I was like, really?!?! I couldn't put my elbows back without hitting them!

I would discontinue showers and deodorant and see how that goes.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, myblessings4 said:

Ds12 wasn't school oriented, either, and while I tried to do pre k he didn't fall for it.  I finally sent him to pre k at the tumbling gym.  They spent half their time in the gym and the rest learning pre k curriculum.  The only reason I sent him, though, was so I could have one on one time with DD,  and we didn't know he was delayed then.  We just thought he was hyper and into everything.

Alex could get enough pre k just by listening to you read aloud to the others and have him count and sort and narrate and draw and stuff.

That sounds good.  Dd11 wanted to do workbooks so when she finished scribbling in the older kids' finished workbooks, I got her some neat Kumon books that had tracing and cutting and stuff.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Spudater said:

For some reason I want to have a baptism party...eve though we typically get them baptized within the first two or three weeks and i never bounce back well postpartum. I can’t tell if this is a legit desire or pregnancy craziness

Make this one a baptist. Then you can have it when she's like 8.

I'll be the godmother.

BOOYA!

Edited by Slache
  • Like 2
  • Haha 3

23 minutes ago, Spudater said:

For some reason I want to have a baptism party...eve though we typically get them baptized within the first two or three weeks and i never bounce back well postpartum. I can’t tell if this is a legit desire or pregnancy craziness

Can you wait?

1 minute ago, Servant4Christ said:

I've had the same and it makes no sense. I'm hoping my thyroid is the culprit. I'm hoping even more that the Dr can actually do something about it this time around.

I've found two things online. One, it's the progesterone level. Two, it's the moving upward of the diaphragm in preparation for growth. So either the hormones are making you breathe deeper, or you are actually bearing the burden of a larger baby without the baby being large yet. I believe it's the latter in my case.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Spudater said:

Craziness.

10 minutes ago, Servant4Christ said:

I count in weeks. Counting in days would make it feel like forever away.

I don't count.

Edited by Renai
  • Thanks 1