Menu

Ignore this thread!

I met a friend for lunch. We ate at a food truck where the guy makes his own organic charcoal, which he fires with a flame thrower, customizes his beef patty selection to how the customer wants their burger cooked, and makes his bulgogi with asian pear.  My friend has relatives in Korea so we had a long discussion about the proper way to make bulgogi with asian pear. 

(Sadly, I've had better burgers, in TX. They weren't fired by a flame thrower, though.) 

• Like 1

• Replies 216.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Slache

• Susan in TN

• Jean in Newcastle

• KrissiK

6 hours ago, Paradox5 said:

He wants a game designer degree. He wants to be the guy who creates the story and look of the game but he can’t t draw! His backup is film mainly screen writing. We are looking at Art colleges like SCAD.

my others all have decided. Son 3 wants to be an architect and build houses for poor people. Son 4 wants to be a chiropractor. DD wants to be an interior designer and homeschool Mom. 

Captain justs wants to be cute.

Ds wants to be a game designer.  He can draw fairly well and does a lot of drawing on his tablet.  He wants to create the stories and draw the characters but not do any programming.  I'm not sure that's possible.

Dd wants to be an artist.  She also likes to draw, mostly tablet but some paper and pencil.  We have talked about jobs that actually give you a paycheck.  I've worked in advertising so I knew quite a few graphic designers and artists.

I wanted to be a veterinarian from the time I was 12 until I had to take a break to earn money after 3 semesters of college.  Then I did Biology with an Environmental Science concentration and wanted to work in the parks system.  

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, prairiewindmomma said:

Grading Latin is giving me a complex. Here are the sentences in Visual Latin I am checking today:

Te amabam. (I used to love you.)

Pater ob omnibus pueris timebatur. (Father was feared by all the boys.)

Vos a me monebamini. (You were warned by me.)

Kinda creepy, right?!!

You really need to change to Henle. All their sentences are about Julius Caesar conquering the Gauls. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

Coffee!  We have snow.  On the ground.  For now.  Hi today will be 46.  Bring on the heat wave!

Also, youngest dd has been having back pain.  At first, I assumed a pulled muscle, but it seems to be in the area of the tail bone, so now I'm not sure.  (She doesn't remember anything particular that bothered it - falling or sitting down hard etc.)  She might stay home from swim tonight to give it a little longer to heal.  (She went to swim Wednesday and said that kicking hurt it and she couldn't work as hard as normal).  It seems mostly okay when she first gets up.  It's worse after she sits for a long time.  I've given her ibuprofen at bed time and she used ice once.  Any thoughts?

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

Susan’s bunnies must be nicer than mine. She didn’t say that her bunnies turn their butt towards her. 

Our bunnies are like cats.  They ignore us unless they want food or treats.  I think bunny-butt is their default position.  

#webothsaidbutt

Edited by Susan in TN
  • Like 2
  • Haha 3

Good morning!

Cold outside!  Warmer this afternoon!  I need to go to the bank and library.  Meeting this afternoon. At some point I need to do holiday grocery shopping, but that might have to wait until Sunday.

Lynn, dd9 has had off and on back pain and we think it stems from having fallen on her tailbone when rollerskating over a year ago.  Bruised tailbones can take months to heal, and the slightest bump can aggravate it all over again.  Might be worthwhile getting it checked out/x-rayed.

Coffee!

• Like 4

Good Morning!!!

COFFEE!!!~D

Friday!!

And not only Friday, but the Friday before Thanksgiving. (Insert Willy-nilly guy)

School today. I will probably make another batch of bread to freeze or something.

Well, I found the answer to the unexplained weight gain. I’m having a visit from AF. Yay. I’m officially in menopause (16 months from her last visit) and she decides to visit. Yes, I realize this is not normal and will be calling my Gyn first thing in the morning. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 3

20 minutes ago, KrissiK said:

Well, I found the answer to the unexplained weight gain. I’m having a visit from AF. Yay. I’m officially in menopause (16 months from her last visit) and she decides to visit. Yes, I realize this is not normal and will be calling my Gyn first thing in the morning. 

Hopefully you can get in and get a happy all-clear from the gyn soon. Sorry you are dealing with that. ?

• Like 2

All classes were cancelled today.  All except my first morning class were cancelled yesterday due to snow.  It was actually a good call, things got really really really bad around here last night.  Major highways closed down, cars stranded, taking hours to go 2 or 3 miles, kids stuck at school.  They are still cleaning up today so all the local school switched from delayed openings to closings.  My local Facebook had people stuck on the roads with little kids for 4 or 5 hours.  

I've never been so glad both dh and I work less than 5 miles from home AND he can leave early if he needs to.  We have a ton of hills to go anywhere but we were home before it started getting really bad.

I have a couple workshops next week but no classes so I should be able to get lots and lots of laundry and cleaning done, right?  I'll let you know what actually happened the end of next week.   

I don't do coffee but....TEA!!!  Unfortunately without honey because I didn't know we needed it on my emergency trip to the AFSA yesterday for supplies.

Dd has already been out whining about school.  She left her backpack in my car so couldn't do anything Wednesday, and yesterday was all messed up because of snow so now she has SOOOOOOOO MUCH to do.   But the table has too much stuff on it and there's no room, and her pencil is dull and the sharpener is at the science center, and it's COLD and DARK and she's so TIRED.  I just told her there was no hurry, she has all day to do it. 

• Like 3

Carpet guy dropped off some sample boards and expects us to choose from them. Do people really do that? There is zero information about the carpets, brands, warranties, differences, or even prices! He said price doesn’t matter since the insurance will cover any of the ones he brought. I’m going to tell him this is ridiculous and I can’t work this way. And there was no mention of types of pads. I think they expect we will take whatever pad they feel like using. This feels crazy to me.

He actually expected to show up and have me pick based on the boards in a 5-10min drive by. I had to convince him to leave the samples so I could show DH. But what’s the point- we still know nothing, can’t look up information, and it’s dumb.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 2

1 hour ago, KrissiK said:

Good Morning!!!

COFFEE!!!~D

Friday!!

And not only Friday, but the Friday before Thanksgiving. (Insert Willy-nilly guy)

School today. I will probably make another batch of bread to freeze or something.

Krissi- my body ignored the 12 month rule at first too. I had two “over 12 months “ intervals. Then it really stopped. I think. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

56 minutes ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

Krissi- my body ignored the 12 month rule at first too. I had two “over 12 months “ intervals. Then it really stopped. I think. 

Well, this is nice to know. I looked in the web and all sources say it’s likely nothing or nothing serious, but it should get checked out. I called the doctor this morning. Apparently it’s been over 3 years since i’ve Seen the gyn since they are treating me like a new patient. My appointment is December 3.  And I called the vet to get the kittens’ motherhood issues taken care of. Too many phone calls for me in the morning. I hate phone calls.

Of course this post would have to get the Booya/h.  I refuse to have a Gynecological Booya/h. I want to lodge a complaint. Who’s in charge around here?

Edited by KrissiK
  • Like 4
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, KrissiK said:

Well, this is nice to know. I looked in the web and all sources say it’s likely nothing or nothing serious, but it should get checked out. I called the doctor this morning. Apparently it’s been over 3 years since i’ve Seen the gyn since they are treating me like a new patient. My appointment is December 3.  And I called the vet to get the kittens’ motherhood issues taken care of. Too many phone calls for me in the morning. I hate phone calls.

Of course this post would have to get the Booya/h.  I refuse to have a Gynecological Booya/h. I want to lodge a complaint. Who’s in charge around here?

Queen Ellie

• Like 4

With the holidays coming MIL is pushing the holiday thing. I would like to have a yearly routine in place so that it's not a constant fight. Matt is the one that deals with a fight and it usually involves her crying and he doesn't like that. So, here's my plan. She works in a school.

Spring break-they come to us
Summer-Matt/kids go to them for 1 week
Thanksgiving-I would like to host 

This would mean that she doesn't get Christmas but she wants Christmas. I would like to give her Christmas but I'm unwilling to give up Christmas at my house and I don't want them there. I had considered a second Christmas around New Year's (this was actually her idea a while ago) but I think this would just be a horribly rushed and miserable trip.

She hates my cooking and I don't think would want to come for Thanksgiving. She has never said she hates my cooking. She is very gracious about hating my cooking.

Any thoughts? Are there more school holidays worth noting?

• Like 3

I went to the AFSA and survived. 

Susan, thanks for sharing your dd's experience. I might be more tempted to do X-ray/ dr appt if dd had a clear memory of injury.  We're thinking of missing swim tonight but going in the morning and seeing how it feels.  she went with me to the AFSA and it was fine.  Walking doesn't bother it at all. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, mama25angels said:

Slache-- I would do whatever I could reasonably manage and I can't tell you what that is, because I'm still working on it myself, lol.

hi all!

I know what you mean. She's just pushing things and this will make her stop.

Edited by Slache
  • Like 1

Just now, Another Lynn said:

This is a very good answer.  Better than mine.  My answer was none of the above.  ?

No, I like yours better. :wink:

I think that we might have found something that only includes me seeing them twice a year and still give her her Christmas without ruining my Christmas.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Susan in TN said:

mountain climbing things?

No, just Mom things. All we have left to do is pack and make sandwiches.

3 minutes ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

She got up before I could carry out my evil plan. 

Dang. Next time try doing it earlier.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1