• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Slache

• Susan in TN

• Jean in Newcastle

• KrissiK

It's MONDAY!!!! ::happyhappyjoyjoy::

And on this happy day, I went to the ophthalmologist hoping to find an answer for the itchy eyes.

But alas, as is probably true when allergies are involved, yes, I'm apparently allergic to something but we don't know what. It *could* be my glaucoma drops; that would be a bad thing because they are really helping. I bought some Clariton and some eye drops that have no preservatives in them. No eye make-up for the next week, cold compresses, eye drops. Appointment next Monday.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Another Lynn said:

I agree with Junie!

Junie, have you been able to eat? How do you feel?

My digestive system still isn't happy, but at least I'm not in tremendous pain.

I just ate dinner, the first time I've eaten all day.

Dh made gf crab rangoon and dd16 made fried rice.  It was so good!

• Like 5

Painting stairwells is a pain!! Worse than bathrooms. 

New moms of littles are annoying. Sorry, Slache, not you. Me- Is this tablet good for baby to watch videos on a long plane ride? ANM (Annoying new moms)- Babies shouldn't be watching videos. Give them some cups and counting bears. Stimulate their brains. Me: ? Yeah, that'll work for 13hrs... And counting bears are choking hazards.

Hey, ANM, my DS 17 is proof that doing everything perfectly still gets you a teenager. I've moved on to nothing matters and don't care. 

Edited by Paige
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

36 minutes ago, Slache said:

I thought Paige was judging me.

No, you're good. I judge ANMs who think counting bears on a plane are a good thing and movies are bad. I'm picturing a bazillion counting bears rolling through the aisles and plopping in someone's tiny cup of soda. Or Baby choking on one. 

We took DS(17) on a plane when he was about 2. It was way back in the time of dinosaurs and there were no such things as ipads or iphones and we had no movies. It was awful. I spent the whole time trying and failing to prevent him from kicking the seat in front of us, then security sent him through the line in front of us (moron) and he bolted and went running and we couldn't chase him because we weren't cleared. I had brought all kinds of surprise toys and things to entertain him but nothing distracted him for long. We vowed never to fly with kids again and we didn't until we had to take Baby with us on our trip last spring! But ipads and tablets have made things so much easier. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

21 minutes ago, Paige said:

No, you're good. I judge ANMs who think counting bears on a plane are a good thing and movies are bad. I'm picturing a bazillion counting bears rolling through the aisles and plopping in someone's tiny cup of soda. Or Baby choking on one. 

We took DS(17) on a plane when he was about 2. It was way back in the time of dinosaurs and there were no such things as ipads or iphones and we had no movies. It was awful. I spent the whole time trying and failing to prevent him from kicking the seat in front of us, then security sent him through the line in front of us (moron) and he bolted and went running and we couldn't chase him because we weren't cleared. I had brought all kinds of surprise toys and things to entertain him but nothing distracted him for long. We vowed never to fly with kids again and we didn't until we had to take Baby with us on our trip last spring! But ipads and tablets have made things so much easier. 

Well, I'm definitely one of those super annoying anti screen, anti pacifier, anti drug, crunchy kind of moms but when we get on the plane the baby gets a screen and a pacifier laced with Tylenol.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Slache said:

I haz climbing thread. Thoughts?

Oh Slachey.  I don't know nuthin' 'bout climbing no mountain!  Not with snow, at least.  I've only climbed short mountains in 75+ degree weather.  I would likely try to go in November.  Ask for early birthday presents.  Then you can be all "Mission Accomplished" and give yourself plenty of time for The Moving Project.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Good Tuesday morning!  I slept better last night and feel more normal today.  The "original" poison ivy places look dried out, but the red swollen patch from the creams is still red.  But less swollen.  Prognosis?  Survival.  Of course!  This has been the morning Arm Report (not to be confused with the morning Farm Report, lol.)

• Like 8
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

Good morning!

Too many things need doing.  And I have to make a phone call.  I dreamed last night that we all came down with blistering poison ivy, except in my dream it was measles, or something.  Everyone kept saying it was no big deal, just put a bandaid on it, but I put my foot down and said we were all going to the ER!  :biggrin:  Regular day of lessons, kids' orchestra tonight.

Coffee!

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

32 minutes ago, myblessings4 said:

Good morning!  Back to the ol' grind today.  Hopefully it won't seem too bad.  I think I'm working til 5 at job #2 then going to job #1 to do payroll.  Dh is supposed to pick up ds11 from me and take him to tae kwon do.  Or maybe I'll leave in time to do that.  Who knows?  I need to workout, anyway.

School today, too!  ?

Do you take school with you to work?  

• Like 1

Good Morning!!!!!

COFFEE!!!!!~D

Tuesday!!....Right?? Today is Tuesday??

Apple pie turned out good. I think I put too much tapioca in the bottom, so it wasn’t as juicy as I would have liked. There was no amount on the tapioca package to use for thickening pies.

• Like 4

9 hours ago, Slache said:

One of the Mount St Helens trip reports had people get to their site at 11PM, decide setting up camp and sleeping was a waste of time and started climbing at midnight.

I am not going to do that.

My fear of heights would keep me off. I discovered just how bad it is when we visited Mount St. Helens. I couldn't even walk up the side of the mountain by the visitors center because the surrounding view almost knocked me down. Oy.

• Like 4
  • Sad 2

58 minutes ago, Susan in TN said:

Ds13 really wants to earn his 1st class rank by the end of the month, and dh, who normally does this stuff, is absolutely swamped at work and stressed out, so I am taking the kids to complete an orienteering course at at nearby state park on Friday.

Oooo...I always wanted to do orienteering!

• Like 1