• Replies 216.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Slache

• Susan in TN

• Jean in Newcastle

• KrissiK

Jobs requiring 4-digit suits worn every day usually are executive jobs, in my experience.

He’s in the “executive†class, but I don’t know what that means. He already knows the people he’s hoping to work with but maybe he wants to explore options. I don’t think they wear suits daily.

I didn’t think most executives could even afford 6 $1000 suits. What is an executive anyway? #sheltered #knownothing

Best lines I wrote today:

Protagonist: "You know you've told me this story before."

Secondary character: "I am one-hundred ninety-five years old, boy. If I tell you a story you've heard before, it's not because I've forgotten I told it. It's because you needed to hear it again."

I like that.
  • Like 1

There are six minutes left in the four-hour window the dishwasher installer gave us. I have an errand that must be done today & DH is taking DS to a scout thing, so dude is going to find a locked house if he arrives more than a minute after he said. He has not called. He wouldn't even tell us what time of day until the afternoon before.

Apparently customers' time is worthless nowadays. :thumbdown:

I’m sorry!! Has he come yet?

My head and face are hurting and my ears are plugged. I wish this front would go through already!

Maybe that's what's wrong with me. I have a terrible, no good, very bad headache almost to the point of nausea. I took ibuprofen. I might die.

Oh, great. It's an "I'm breaking the ITT rules" Booyah!

Edited by Another Lynn
  • Like 5

Maybe that's what's wrong with me. I have a terrible, no good, very bad headache almost to the point of nausea. I took ibuprofen. I might die.

I’m afraid dying won’t be possible today. Please check back in 4-6 weeks.
  • Like 6

I know you deal with this kind of pain or worse all the time. I don't know how you do it. 💓

At the church gathering last night I told the ladies that I am having a hard time being thankful this year.

How do I do it?  Badly.  It's been a rough year.

And I realized today that I would be doing a whole lot worse without the ITT.

So this year for Thanksgiving I am going to be thankful for my friends here who are always willing to listen and give virtual hugs.

• Like 7

By the way, youngest dd cut 27 seconds off her 100 yd freestyle. 😱 And 15yo did won 10th grade state chess championship today. 12yo ds did not place, but played a great game lasting over an hour against a 1600 rated player who ultimately won his section.

(Should have said brag-po warning...)

Edited by Another Lynn
  • Like 13

By the way, youngest dd cut 27 seconds off her 100 yd freestyle. 😱 And 15yo did won 10th grade state chess championship today. 12yo ds did not place, but played a great game lasting over an hour against a 1600 rated player who ultimately won his section.

:hurray:  :hurray:  :hurray:  :hurray:  :hurray:  :hurray:  :hurray:

• Like 1

Yay Lynn’s kids. Way to Go!,ðŸ‘ðŸŠâ€â™‚ï¸ðŸ†
  • Like 1

At the church gathering last night I told the ladies that I am having a hard time being thankful this year.

How do I do it? Badly. It's been a rough year.

So this year for Thanksgiving I am going to be thankful for my friends here who are always willing to listen and give virtual hugs.

God appreciates your sincere heart more than anything you could have said.

But the goal of our instruction is love from a pure heart and a good conscience and a sincere faith.

• Like 3

ðŸ‘ðŸ‘ðŸ‘ðŸ‘ðŸ‘ðŸ‘ðŸ‘ðŸ‘ðŸ‘

ðŸ†ðŸ†ðŸ†ðŸ†ðŸ†ðŸ†ðŸ†ðŸ†ðŸ†

• Like 1

Awww, Junie! Hugs to you, too. I, too, am extremely thankful for all the ITT ladies. You are all so wonderful and necessary to my day!

• Like 5

I’m sorry!! Has he come yet?

Nope. I came home to a message (left after the window when he said he'd be here) saying he was on his way. Too bad. DH wanted to be here for the installation & is not pleased.

We have rules around here, ma'am, and the ENB to enforce them. :toetap05: (Quietly, so as not to make the headache worse.)

(((Junie)))

• Like 5

I considered it. There are similar recipes where it's over rice instead of as a soup. I hate rice though. Don't tell Jean.

Potatoes.  Dice them up, microwave them a little if needed, and throw them in.  Waxy potatoes if you want them to hold their shape.  If you don't mind them falling apart get starchy potatoes.

• Like 1

He’s in the “executive†class, but I don’t know what that means. He already knows the people he’s hoping to work with but maybe he wants to explore options. I don’t think they wear suits daily.

I didn’t think most executives could even afford 6 $1000 suits. What is an executive anyway? #sheltered #knownothing

Executives are like upper management.  They are the bigger wigs, the ones that make the tough decisions and call the shots.

I agree he needs to check out what people are wearing where he wants to work instead of taking canned advice from someone who probably owns stock in a fine suit purveyor.  (j/k)

• Like 1

Executives are like upper management. They are the bigger wigs, the ones that make the tough decisions and call the shots.

I agree he needs to check out what people are wearing where he wants to work instead of taking canned advice from someone who probably owns stock in a fine suit purveyor. (j/k)

Yeah. Executives are the CEOs and the CFOs of large companies. Most smaller companies don’t have that big of a difference between those on upper and middle management.

DH says if a $1000 suit is expected the job should be paying a minimum of $200,000, and likely a lot more.  He also says that ANY suit that is well-fitted should be fine.  The fit matters more than the cost of the suit.  

He also says suits are becoming more and more rare.  Business fashion is changing, especially in warm climes.

He also suggests that interviewing in too expensive of a suit can make the prospective employer wonder how the prospective employee could afford it.  This can be a big deal if the job deals with finance.

A couple of suit jackets, about 6 pair of pants to coordinate with the two jackets, some shirts and ties, and he should be good to go for quite a lot of jobs.

• Like 2

:001_wub:  :001_wub:  :001_wub:

• Like 1

But of course. And now, we require three forms of identification and fingerprints.

Oooo, maybe we should do a background check on her to make sure she hasn't died somewhere else before this!

• Like 3

I watched two sessions of the American Revolution documentary with the boys. I also touched up my camellia flower on the cold press paper and started the exact same flower in roughly the exact same colors on hot press paper. Very different flowers.

I think the experiment has been a helpful one for me, because I'm coming to appreciate both kinds of paper for very different reasons. Cold-press is going to be wonderful for anything where I want that ethereal picture quality--landscapes, for instance. It's more--forgiving. The hot press is all about details. I can see using it for portraits, anything where I want close up, delicate details and subtleties of light to be important.

• Like 1

I watched two sessions of the American Revolution documentary with the boys. I also touched up my camellia flower on the cold press paper and started the exact same flower in roughly the exact same colors on hot press paper. Very different flowers.

I think the experiment has been a helpful one for me, because I'm coming to appreciate both kinds of paper for very different reasons. Cold-press is going to be wonderful for anything where I want that ethereal picture quality--landscapes, for instance. It's more--forgiving. The hot press is all about details. I can see using it for portraits, anything where I want close up, delicate details and subtleties of light to be important.

you amaze me!! I have absolutely no idea what you are talking about, but it sounds really neat.
  • Like 3