Menu

Ignore this thread!

She is enrolled in the Tues/Thur class. I just need to get the deposit in. Will be doing it this week. If hsing doesn't happen, it's not a lot of money to be out.

I am relieved that you have a spot.

Jean is my new bestie.

I thought Jean was my bestie!  Maybe we can all be besties.  (But I curse a little.)

Tex peer pressured me into cleaning my living room.  

Hey, all I did was send her before and after pics of my kids' homeschool area cubbies.

• Like 3

• Replies 216.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Slache

• Susan in TN

• Jean in Newcastle

• KrissiK

I know this is a safe place to vent, even about frivolous stuff. So here goes. I found out tonight that my parents are flying my sister and her family up to MN "as part of" sister's birthday present. And they are going to have a bonfire and mom is ordering sister's favorite cake from that specialty bakery. Geez. Can you emphasize any more how I am NOT the favorite child?

• Like 3

I was so proud that, for the first time ever, I ordered my boys academic planners and am going to teach them how to be organized with their assignments.  I got a great deal on amazon.com!  Sadly, ds12 pointed out that they are for LAST year.  D'oh!  Does anyone want 2014-2015 academic planners?  I have two.

• Like 4

I know this is a safe place to vent, even about frivolous stuff. So here goes. I found out tonight that my parents are flying my sister and her family up to MN "as part of" sister's birthday present. And they are going to have a bonfire and mom is ordering sister's favorite cake from that specialty bakery. Geez. Can you emphasize any more how I am NOT the favorite child?

My husband is the favorite. His sister is painfully aware of that fact. I'm sorry.

• Like 2

I've decided to do my walking dvd tomorrow, going for 3 miles. I'll probably later do the AM pilates. That is always a good workout (that I keep forgetting I have). I also printed out the Bible reading chart.

I'm not sleeping yet because I'm dong homework. yes, it is never-ending. The thing is, I just realized that my daughter's performance isn't next Sunday, it's next Friday. Dh has stated he cannot go, because he has to stay to pick up his check. I still haven't found my glasses. I'm not sure if I should try to get a ride with a friend that might go, or go on my own and spend the night. Her last day is on Saturday. I didn't want to make two trips. I thought we were going to go, help her pack, she perform, then we all go home. It doesn't look like it will be that way.

So, that means I have less time than I thought to get homework done. This is the last week for both of my classes. Both have major assignments due - one on Thursday, the other on Sunday. Both have discussion posts due (Monday and Wednesday), both have reflections (one on Saturday, the other on Sunday), and one has a chapter summary and a tutoring log due on Sunday.

I'm so done with this.

• Like 1

I am rewashing the laundry.  I did it once, went to put it in the dryer and found the clothes all streaky.  Then I realized that someone had set the load size to "mini" and I hadn't noticed to change it back to "extra large".  So I did the whole extra large load with only the small amount of water for a mini load!  The load is rewashing now with the proper amount of water.  Not a huge deal but a bit of a pain in the you-know-what.  Well, not as much of a pain as if I were washing it all by hand. . . .

• Like 2

I am rewashing the laundry.  I did it once, went to put it in the dryer and found the clothes all streaky.  Then I realized that someone had set the load size to "mini" and I hadn't noticed to change it back to "extra large".  So I did the whole extra large load with only the small amount of water for a mini load!  The load is rewashing now with the proper amount of water.  Not a huge deal but a bit of a pain in the you-know-what.  Well, not as much of a pain as if I were washing it all by hand. . . .

Well, I do wash clothes by hand as our little portable washer is on the blink, so... :tongue_smilie:

• Like 1

I was so proud that, for the first time ever, I ordered my boys academic planners and am going to teach them how to be organized with their assignments.  I got a great deal on amazon.com!  Sadly, ds12 pointed out that they are for LAST year.  D'oh!  Does anyone want 2014-2015 academic planners?  I have two.

Bummer!  I was thinking of giving each child a calendar and going over it together one morning each week so they can copy in upcoming events, etc.  But, I like the planner idea better.  Maybe I'll use the first subject square for upcoming events. 

• Like 1

We have a Hello Kitty boom box my youngest won't let me declutter away (the CD player is broken).  Thee cassette tape deck still works, and she has a story on tape she won't let go of, either (though she doesn't listen to it anymore).

We also have a pair of yellow Sony weather-resistant boom boxes out in the garage that have radios and cassette tape decks.  DH uses the radios.

I have a tape I won't get rid of, too.  And the boom box to play it on.  It's called Kooky Kountry and is the only country I listen to. :)

Here's one of the songs, which is timely.  Notice the reference to finding a hundred dollar bill:

May the Bird of Paradise Fly Up Your Nose by Little Jimmy Dickens

One fine day as I was a-walkin' down the street

Spied a beggar man with rags upon his feet

Took a penny from my pocket

In his tin cup I did drop it

I heard him say as I made my retreat

CHORUS

"May the bird of paradise fly up your nose"

"May an elephant caress you with his toes"

"May your wife be plagued with runners in her hose"

The laundry man is really on his toes

Found a hundred-dollar bill among my clothes

When he called me I came a-runnin'

Gave him back his dime for phonin'

I heard him sayin' as I turned to go

CHORUS

I was way behind one day to catch the train

Taxi driver said "We'll make it just the same"

The speed cop made it with us

And as he wrote out the ticket

I stood by politely a-waitin' for my change

CHORUS

CHORUS

FADE

CHORUS

• Like 1

:grouphug:

I totally understand.  I am not the favorite either.

• Like 2

I'm trying not to laugh.

(I know that's not helpful.)

• Like 3

I thought Jean was my bestie!  Maybe we can all be besties.  (But I curse a little.)

Actually, I've yet to meet an Ignoramus I didn't like, so all y'all are my virtual besties.   :001_wub:   

Even the ones who curse a little.  And the ones who forget to add an h.  And the plain-belly ones, and the ones with stars upon thars.  

• Like 4

(((Susan)))  ---  So sorry to hear that.  It hurts.  (I am also low man on the totem pole. It's especially bad when I feel like the attitude extends to my whole family.)  Glad you knew you could vent here safely.  

(((Renai)))  ---  Hang in there!

(((Tex)))) -- though I must confess the planner fiasco is hilarious.  And the shelves look great.

(((Jean))) -- my washer has an automatic sensor so that it gets just the right amount of water each time.  Which means it only gets the right amount of water about 78% of the time.  The other 22% requires a re-wash.  If I could somehow invent a way to inflict pain on an appliance, I would.  

(((Slache))) --  Sleep!  You need a nap today.  Be sure to get one.  

(And FTR I am really not so huggy IRL.  Well, just a little bit, maybe.  But not as bad as some.)  

• Like 5

I'm sorry, Susan!((hugs))
  • Like 1

I am rewashing the laundry. I did it once, went to put it in the dryer and found the clothes all streaky. Then I realized that someone had set the load size to "mini" and I hadn't noticed to change it back to "extra large". So I did the whole extra large load with only the small amount of water for a mini load! The load is rewashing now with the proper amount of water. Not a huge deal but a bit of a pain in the you-know-what. Well, not as much of a pain as if I were washing it all by hand. . . .

Jean, I had to re-wash a load of DS's camp clothes. I opened up the washer and saw a ring of dirt around the bottom. I took the clothes out.... Ugh! I guess when he said they had "Mud Day" he meant it!
  • Like 1

My husband's now reading the KonMari book. I'm hoping I can really get him on board. He's irritated that I want to get rid of half our stuff. I don't understand why. I've already gotten rid of half (he knew my goal was to get to a quarter) and he doesn't miss any of it and thanks me often for doing it. He can't put his feelings into words. He says he doesn't want me to do it, but he'll be grateful when I'm done. Ok husband. Go do the dishes and shush.

I have that book. It's sitting in front of me right now. I started it last night, along with "Happy Hormones, Slim Belly." This is what the rest of my summer is going to look like!
  • Like 1

All I learned in college was the fine art of BS. 

Yeah, I've done a lot of bs. Very convincing bs. Like the adult ESL student that I'm tutoring and writing logs about. Not. I don't have a student. I have a lot of great ideas for tutoring this student though. I just imagine my husband, but a bit more cooperative. I used to have a real student (child), but the parents flaked. So, I had to get another one really fast and catch up on all the tutoring sessions.  :willy_nilly:

Day One Without My Baby.

Sigh.

Four more sleeps until Friday.

(Oh, and :grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug:  for those who need them.  You know who you are.)

Friday. Oldest dd's performance is on Friday, then I bring her home on Saturday. I think we'll be spending the night up there, although it's only a couple of hours away.

• Like 2

I have a tape I won't get rid of, too.  And the boom box to play it on.  It's called Kooky Kountry and is the only country I listen to. :)

Here's one of the songs, which is timely.  Notice the reference to finding a hundred dollar bill:

May the Bird of Paradise Fly Up Your Nose by Little Jimmy Dickens

One fine day as I was a-walkin' down the street

Spied a beggar man with rags upon his feet

Took a penny from my pocket

In his tin cup I did drop it

I heard him say as I made my retreat

CHORUS

"May an elephant caress you with his toes"

"May your wife be plagued with runners in her hose"

The laundry man is really on his toes

Found a hundred-dollar bill among my clothes

When he called me I came a-runnin'

Gave him back his dime for phonin'

I heard him sayin' as I turned to go

CHORUS

I was way behind one day to catch the train

Taxi driver said "We'll make it just the same"

The speed cop made it with us

And as he wrote out the ticket

I stood by politely a-waitin' for my change

CHORUS

CHORUS

FADE

CHORUS

So, I had to look it up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pzk4l2NYx_Y

• Like 1

I think I got about 3 hours of sleep too.

Playdate is scheduled for 2pm at the park but its pouring outside so we'll see.

VBS is this week (Sun-Tues as the kids are going on a vacation with their grandparents).

I am scrapping some of my plans for fall with DD and making some little changes. Oh, fun.

• Like 1

And the ones who forget to add an h.

:closedeyes:

(((Slache))) --  Sleep!  You need a nap today.  Be sure to get one.

I took my super mom pills today so no napping, but I will sleep great tonight!

I was in the bed by 1:45 this morning and woke around 7:30. Not too bad.

Better than me!

• Like 2