• Replies 216.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Slache

• Susan in TN

• Jean in Newcastle

• KrissiK

We have this chocolate peanut butter protein shake mix that we take after our workouts. Lately we've been putting it in our pancakes and it is delicious. This morning we're having chocolate peanut butter pancakes and smoothies.

Oh, wow.

I :001_wub:  peanut butter.  Adding chocolate just takes it nirvana-level.

Everyone to Slash's house for breakfast!

• Like 4

There is nothing that can be done to help me with my sleep terrors.  A lack of sleep makes them worse, ironically.  But when you are up at 1:45 am screaming your lungs out, you do not rest well.  lol

I had one in March when dh was out of town with the boys and because he was not there to snap me out of it, I hurt myself pretty badly and broke one of the miniblinds in our room.  I still have a divot and a scar on my shin from that episode.

Stress induced??

That sounds awful.  My nephew (then 4) had horrific night terrors after his father moved out.  Witnessing them broke my heart.  

I'm sorry everyone is having a bad day.

I'm disappointed in the Bountiful Baskets. Are the organic ones much better?

We're thinking of making a serious change here. I'll try to keep this short. When we moved to Oregon we intended on paying our debt off and moving back to the Midwest to be near Matt's family. Now that we're out here we have paid off a lot of our debt but the cost of living has skyrocketed. Our lease is up in the spring and we are contemplating moving somewhere with a low cost of living. Matt has a great job with great insurance and he also drives for Uber to pay off more debt. If we moved he would probably become a full-time Uber driver and we would have to pay for own insurance. Has anyone done anything like this?

Quackers, I'm off to work on that kjv thing now so I'll hopefully be pming you soon.

• Like 1

Somebody is ready to walk out the door because someone else said no to a six pack in the house. I think the somebody is calming down now though.

I'm sorry. Is he staying there? It seemed like he was a few days ago, but I didn't want to jinx it.

I have only ever gotten the organic baskets and have been very pleased with the quantity and quality.  What did you not like about it?

Your idea of moving is interesting, but there is a lot of security in an employer and benefits so my first choice would be to stay put and make do, continuing your plan.  

Edited by texasmama
  • Like 4

Hello lovely ladies at ITT. I am a virgin to this forum but stopped by to tell you that I admire your tenacity (231 pages!). While I am visiting your planet, I thought I would mention to Texasmama that it might be worth a visit to an Ear Nose and Throat doctor. I have a friend whose night terrors were solved by visits to an ENT and an eventual removal of her tonsils. This maybe a fluke but worth mentioning. 

Meanwhile ((Jean and Texasmama)). 

Carry on. 

• Like 7

Hello lovely ladies at ITT. I am a virgin to this forum but stopped by to tell you that I admire your tenacity (231 pages!). While I am visiting your planet, I thought I would mention to Texasmama that it might be worth a visit to an Ear Nose and Throat doctor. I have a friend whose night terrors were solved by visits to an ENT and an eventual removal of her tonsils. This maybe a fluke but worth mentioning. 

Carry on. 

Hi Minerva!  

My tonsils have been gone since age 15.  <sob>  There is no hope for me, is there?

You can stay here if you want.  We are not an exclusive club, but it's Ellie's birthday so you have to make a post or youtube video about that first.   :laugh:   

• Like 3

I'm sorry. Is he staying there? It seemed like he was a few days ago, but I didn't want to jinx it.

Yes. He moved back when he started counseling on Tuesday. Lol about jinxing! I was talking around it this week, huh? I knew there was something wrong yesterday when he got off work though.

• Like 1

(((hugs)))  Jean

I had a really bad night terror last night.  Dh had to grab me to snap me out of it.  My heart was beating so fast, and I was shaking uncontrollably. I am now researching what to do about them.  Not much, apparently!

:grouphug:

Carry on. 

Welcome to the ITT!

• Like 1

Hi!  Just stopping by to wish Ellie the best birthday ever, before going back to do coat #2 on the bathroom ceiling. 

Happy Birthday, Ellie!

Ceilings are rough, dude.  All of that craning your neck and trying not to fall off the ladder and put paint in your eye and stuff.

• Like 2

I wanted to share that I have made chicken stacked enchiladas for dinner with a homemade enchilada sauce. I have been very lax on the cooking lately so I am very proud! It looks good, and I think everyone will probably eat it.

This is the only way I know how to make them (stacked).

I have only ever gotten the organic baskets and have been very pleased with the quantity and quality. What did you not like about it?

Your idea of moving is interesting, but there is a lot of security in an employer and benefits so my first choice would be to stay put and make do, continuing your plan. As a family who has lived without employer benefits for most of the past nine years, I will say it is easy to overlook what those benefits really are until they are gone. It is much more expensive to be self-employed.

There was just hardly anything in it. We're going to try an organic one in 2 weeks because they looked a lot fuller.

I so agree with you. The problem is that we're not really staying afloat anymore. Our rent has gone up $75 a year for the past 4 years and we're one of the cheapest places. Groceries and utilities have also skyrocketed. We've paid off almost $20,000 in debt lowering our payments by over $350. That momentum is gone. We're not paying anything off and we're working a combined 70 hours a week. Something needs to change and we can't downsize. We started with the minimum when we moved. No cable, cheap car, cheap phone plan, we don't vacation or eat out. I will not lower our quality of food. We have a $400 a month grocery bill that covers food and household products.

Wait, when you say stacked, you mean making each one tortilla at a time? Or that weird casserole style?

The weird casserole style.  The gringos lazy way.   :D  Tastes the same but lots less work.  I use corn tortillas (gluten free here) so it is hard to roll them without breaking the tortillas anyway.  

ETA:  Booyah/booya, etc.

• Like 1

There was just hardly anything in it. We're going to try an organic one in 2 weeks because they looked a lot fuller.

I so agree with you. The problem is that we're not really staying afloat anymore. Our rent has gone up $75 a year for the past 4 years and we're one of the cheapest places. Groceries and utilities have also skyrocketed. We've paid off almost $20,000 in debt lowering our payments by over $350. That momentum is gone. We're not paying anything off and we're working a combined 70 hours a week. Something needs to change and we can't downsize. We started with the minimum when we moved. No cable, cheap car, cheap phone plan, we don't vacation or eat out. I will not lower our quality of food. We have a $400 a month grocery bill that covers food and household products.

I've really enjoyed the organic ones I've gotten.  BB is the best deal I have found for organic produce.

I would only move if you could live with Matt's family and continue your debt reduction plan.  I don't know what Matt does or how easy it would be to get another job (with benefits), but that could be a consideration.  

Edited by texasmama
  • Like 2

The weird casserole style.  The gringos lazy way.   :D  Tastes the same but lots less work.  I use corn tortillas (gluten free here) so it is hard to roll them without breaking the tortillas anyway.  

ETA:  Booyah/booya, etc.

Enchiladas are not rolled, they are stacked, one at a time, but not in a casserole. Of course, I guess it can depend on what region of Mexico someone is from with the rolled vs stacked issue. And of course it is with a corn tortilla. If someone is rolling something inside a flour tortilla, most normal people call that a burrito.

Mine look kind of like this, but I like red chile:

Stacked_Chicken_Enchiladas_Fine_Cooking_

Like this, just don't use yellow cheese. ick::

enchilada-stack-su-1728732-x.jpg?itok=0g

• Like 1