Menu

Ignore this thread!

I'm glad that I called.  Pre anesthesia consult is this Friday.  But they had zero openings for the actual endoscopy until 8/16 which is right in the middle of the visit from my mom and sister.  But I took it.  Because baby comes first.  My brother will have to entertain them that day.  Then we have to wait until the end of Sept. to see the doctor for a post op appt.  But they assured me that they would call with results long before then. 

Hooray!  I was going to ask if the pre-anesthesia consult could be done immediately or very quickly.  That way if they can squeeze her in sooner it's already done.

Eight more days to go now until the endoscopy, right?

• Like 1

I got my synopsis written. It's under 1000 words. That's good, but I really need to get it down to 500 if possible.

Where to cut, where to cut...

I think I'll print it out and take the red pen to it.

Good progress!

• Like 1

This is brilliant!  I want ice cream, preferably Baskin Robbins.  Jamocha Almond Fudge. 

But not today.  

Always a winner!  As is their Peanut Butter and Chocolate.  DH likes Cherries Jubilee, DD16 likes Daquiri Ice, and DD13 is broadening her horizons from straight vanilla (still her favorite, though she feels like she's missing out if she doesn't get some flavor she can't get at the grocery store).

• Like 3

Speaking of stinkin'. The air is all hazy here due to wildfires up north in Canada.

During our bus ride through Vancouver to get from the boat to the airport our driver explained about those fires to us.  Until then were were aghast at how much smog was in Vancouver.  Where we boarded the bus was a tight, hemmed in area next to a large building, so all we smelled there was bus exhaust.  When we got off at the airport we could smell the smoke.

Clearly the cruise lines, the bus lines, and Canadian and U.S. customs have their acts together and synchronized.  Our Canadian customs stuff was done before we ever got off the boat, and our U.S. customs stuff was done before we got on the plane home.  As soon as we landed we were clear to head for baggage claim and go home.  Quite nice when landing in the evening after the plane was delayed an hour by unforeseen circumstances.

• Like 1

He's a big, fat meanie. May the bird of paradise fly up his nose and an elephant caress him with its toes.

May lots of little crawlies leave him presents in his shoes.

• Like 1

Had my OB appt today and the complication they were concerned about was ruled out! I'm so glad. Baby is head down and will hopefully stay and no need to worry about scary c-sections.

:party:  :party:  :party:

Great news!

IOwie. I think that a combination of stress and getting too tired has done me in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

:grouphug:  :grouphug:

I hope you are better now.

• Like 1

Yay Paige!!!!

Happy Coffee!!!!

And Happy Thursday That Has Been Much Better So Far Than Wednesday!!!  (Wednesday involved a sinus cold and a fabric couch being painted green while I was in the shower.  Wednesday was not a Good Morning Kind of Day.  Even after Two Cups of Coffee, it pretty much Sucked.)  

:grouphug:  :grouphug:

Good morning.  I walked out to the car, key in hand, ready to chauffeur ds to work per usual.  And he said "where are you going?"  My new driver is driving himself now.  He's an excellent driver.  I'm not worried about that.  It's his rattletrap of a car that I worry about! 

:hurray:  :hurray:  :hurray:

• Like 1

So I frantically cleaned up AND vacuumed the piano room AND got pantz on PLUS a bra WHILE cooking lunch ALL in the 8 minutes I had before the piano teacher arrived.  

Dude.

:coolgleamA:

Go, Duckie, go!

It is rough.  It's been enough that I'm considering going and getting formally diagnosed.  I can cope with enough structure around me on many things, but those fall through the cracks items are ugly.

Where do adults go to get tested?  I suspect I, too, am ADD, and OCD, and have SI issues, but I always assumed it would cost me 'way more to get myself tested than we shelled out getting eldest tested at the start of 5th grade.

All I can eat is Cheerios. My system is so messed up from the trip. I was so sick last night. I'll spare y'all the details, but it wasn't pretty. But Cheerios are setting well.

:grouphug:  :grouphug:   Are you feeling better now?

Good luck on your boobie squish!

I used to confuse ikslo and Critter and thought AMJ was Canadian.

Krissi, sowy about your tummy.

Close.  I grew up in MN.

• Like 1

Nobody is taking this thread seriously. I had to scroll down to find it. Priorities, people! Priorities!

Next to your login name in the upper right of the browser window is a speech bubble with a person in it -- this holds the notifications.  When I log back in I go to those notifications and click on the latest one in which someone liked one of my posts from this thread.  That takes me pretty close to the spot where I left off last.

• Like 1

Do not wear deodorant. Nobody told me when I went for my 1st one & then the staff was all cranky at me for not having known, as a 22yo, that deodorant would mess up their image.

At mine they always ask, and they provide wipes to remove any deodorant one might be wearing (because sometimes one MUST wear it until one gets to the squishing appointment).  They also provide deodorant wipes to reapply after all the squishing is finished.

I've been waiting for a tow truck for 4 hours!! DS is with me. We are about to lose our minds. At least it's not that hot anymore. They keep changing their ETA, and saying 15 min more...

I have 2 flat as a pancake tires from hitting road debris. I think it was metal pieces from a truck but I'm not sure. We are sad. 😭

:ohmy:  :grouphug:  :grouphug:

Has anyone read the Song of Fire and Ice novels? Is that something normal people do?

I read some of them.  I was curious, and I hung in there for a while thinking things would improve.  Nope.  A bit too graphic for my taste, in ways that seem unnecessary to good story development.  Good story line, but the graphic violence killed it for me.  I won't bother trying to watch the TV show, either, because I hear it's just as violent.

• Like 1

Now I want to join a tour that travels the no-touching zone!

I know, right!!

Actually, this is what I seriously want to do..... I want to take Interstate 10 all the way from Santa Monica to Jacksonville. When we went on our trip we got on the 10 right at the very beginning. And it had this sign, it is "The Christopher Columbus Trans-Continental Highway". And I'm like.... No way!! So, I followed it on my map and it looks like a really interesting road trip across the southern U.S., ending in Jacksonville, Florida. Wouldn't that be fun to take a picture at the very beginning on the beach in Santa Monica and then a picture several weeks later at the end of the road? I'd love it.

• Like 1

Can we talk about urban/suburban crime for a minute?

There have been four shootings in the subdivision behind me in the last month.  Two of them were people who had committed crimes who were trying to get away.  One of them was a drive-by with a 9mm. One of them was ??? No details in the newspaper or crime report, but police helicopters were overhead from 2-4am.  In addition, we can no longer put outgoing mail in the mailbox because of regular mail theft throughout our part of time.  Dozens of cars are broken into every night.  We can no longer park in our driveway, but must pull in to our tiny, tiny garage. There have been home invasions(!) 

Part of me thinks that this is just naive farm girl waking up to the rest of the world, and part of me is ready to pack up and move.

Within half of mile of your house, what is living like?

It is not that way here, though it is a couple of miles away.  Driving around you have to know what the signage looks like to tell where one "city" and another begin and end, though the outward appearance of certain homes are becoming a visible deliminator.  Our town has a pretty good police department (well-staffed and well-funded), and residents who aren't shy about calling the cops to ask them to check stuff out (because our cops actually can and will).

Huh. The weather service gave a severe thunderstorm warning and says to go to an interior room on the lowest floor in your house... for a thunderstorm that is 35mph with gusts of 60mph and quarter-size hail? I'm confused. They normally don't tell you to go hide for thunderstorms like that, though normally they don't mention hail... but still... seems overkill? We don't have an interior room (I mean, the hallway between the kitchen/bedroom/bathroom/living room is sort of interior, but doesn't have doors on two ends), and technically they're telling me to go to the basement... which floods, and they say flash floods might happen. So... ???

I did close two of the windows, because for a moment it did seem like the thunderstorm fancied itself to be a hurricane (okay, exaggeration, since I've never been in an actual hurricane I don't think). Seems to have died down a lot already... seems like it's just mildly raining now. 

The interior hallway is better protection than any room with an exterior wall if you feel you can't go down to the basement -- the idea is to put as many solid layers (not glass) between yourselves and the outdoors as possible (so lower floors are also preferable to upper floors).  Quarter-sized hail is sizable enough to do some damage, but the real danger is the weather services can't always predict accurately how big the hail stones will finally be when they fall on you.  Last year BIL's house was hit with grapefruit-sized hail, and no one was able to predict the stones would get that big.

Closing windows -- good.  Also close curtains, too, if you have them, because they can help contain the spread of glass fragments if the windows get broken.

• Like 2

I made some really yummy gazpacho.  No one else was willing to have a taste, so I guess I'll have to eat it all myself.   :drool5:

Onboard the boat during Italian night the dining room offered an iced peach bellini soup -- a cold soup first course that was SO HEAVENLY!!!!

I have decided I like cold soups.

I have decided I need to start making cold soups.  Care to share your recipe?

Peachy-keen soupy booya(h)!

Edited by AMJ
  • Like 3

Hi. We're back from Children's. 45 min appt in which the Nurse practitioner took a much more detailed history than any of the doctors. Now we just wait for biopsy day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fingers crossed and praying.  

I have to people if I want food. 😭

I have already decided not to bother to learn cousin's girlfriend's name bc

1. She is not very friendly.

2. She's only a gf, who knows if she's gonna last?

3. I never want to travel again.

4. It's my pathetic rebellion against living in a house with 25 people for 4.5 more days.

Off to people...

When younger SIL and BIL were dating in high school we had no idea if she would last and she wouldn't stay to visit with family much, so we had a horrible time remembering her name.  So we called her Bob.

• Like 2

Every part of me is thinner from our daily walks. I'm too tired for a real workout and my back needs lots of TLC but I can see it in my legs, waist, hips, arms and face. My collar bones are beginning to show (I have great collar bones) and I'm really happy about how much smaller I'm getting. The progress is little but it's there. So, if you're too tired/out of shape/weak to work out then go for a walk.

I am more convinced than ever that my knees act up more due to humidity and too much staying still than anything else.  The days we were forced to sit a lot on our trip I had more knee problems.  The days we didn't it was like I had my old knees back again -- woohoo!  DH was surprised, thinking cooler temps would make it worse.  Nope, heat and humidity are worse for my knees, not cool and dry!

• Like 3

Every part of me is thinner from our daily walks. I'm too tired for a real workout and my back needs lots of TLC but I can see it in my legs, waist, hips, arms and face. My collar bones are beginning to show (I have great collar bones) and I'm really happy about how much smaller I'm getting. The progress is little but it's there. So, if you're too tired/out of shape/weak to work out then go for a walk.

BTW  :hurray:  :hurray:  :hurray:  on your progress!

• Like 1

Onboard the boat during Italian night the dining room offered an iced peach bellini soup -- a cold soup first course that was SO HEAVENLY!!!!

I kind of made up my own recipe for the gazpacho after looking at several other recipes.

Junie's Gazpacho

3 cans V-8

1/4 c. Italian salad dressing

1 tomato, finely diced

1/2 cucumber, finely diced

a little bit of red onion, finely diced

1/4 orange pepper, finely diced

Place diced vegetables in a large container with a lid.

Add V-8 and salad dressing.

Stir.

Refrigerate for eating the next day.

Makes about 4 servings.

• Like 2

Good Morning!

More coffee!☕☕☕

I have ketchupped. :hurray:

I've been busy. Mom had a checkup Thursday. She seems to be doing well. He ordered bloodwork. Yesterday I had to go to the big town an hour away to do some banking for mom and some shopping.

The weather is beautiful here: mid 70s, sunny, clear skies.

Slache, I have read A Song of Ice and Fire novels. I like them. I was never a fan of fantasy/science fiction. These novels were my introduction to the genre, and I like it.

So, now I'm curious since Krissi mentioned Blue Willow as a favorite children's book, and I would like to know everyone's favorite children's book(s). I'm making a list. I have several favorite picture books: Is Your Mama a Llama, The Great Kapok Tree, Room on the Broom and more. Chapter books, though, require more thought.

Now it is time to get started on my back to school to do list.

Have a beautiful day!

Robert Louis Stevenson's A Child's Garden of Verses

picture book:  Bamboo Hats and a Rice Cake

Just So Stories -- Kipling, especially if you find some wonderfully illustrated ones.

A Patchwork Child -- I don't remember the author, but it is autobiographical, growing up overseas in the British Empire (I think).

The Buffalo Children -- can't remember this author, either, but a wonderful kids' book.

The Ship That Flew -- https://smile.amazon.com/Ship-That-Flew-Hilda-Lewis/dp/0875990673/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1502237039&sr=1-1&keywords=the+ship+that+flew

Jim Kjelgaard wrote a number of chapter books kids really like.

• Like 2

I slept in until 7:45.  jaw-drop-smiley-emoticon.gif

BUT the reason why is...MYBABYTEXTEDMEAT5AMSHE'SBACKINCELLRANGEONTHEWAYTOTHEAIRPORT.  IGETTOPICKHERUPATTHEAIRPORTTONIGHT!!!!!!!!

(In the meantime, must pound down a little coffee and go feed some seriously cranky ponies! :o )

:hurray:  :hurray:  :hurray:  :hurray:

I've got a book with a few in them. One of them is a cold cherry soup that sounds heavenly. But I haven't made it yet to find out.