• Replies 216.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Slache

• Susan in TN

• Jean in Newcastle

• KrissiK

I think that we are going to play hooky from school today. Or at least most of school today. We'll do one day of school next week on our week off to make up for it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I like being able to do whatever I want whenever I want because he's in kindergarten. I think I might school year around so I can keep doing that. I was always a stickler for ridged schedules, but I like our school to be fluid. I never saw that coming. I suppose it's because my kids are fluid.

• Like 5

I like being able to do whatever I want whenever I want because he's in kindergarten. I think I might school year around so I can keep doing that. I was always a stickler for ridged schedules, but I like our school to be fluid. I never saw that coming. I suppose it's because my kids are fluid.

My schedule was very fluid when my kids were little. 

• Like 1

I cleaned the master bathroom and started on my bedroom. Then the dumb dog (as opposed to my other, smarter dogs) decided to poop in Captain Mal's room. So I cleaned that up and shampooed his carpet. Now for a break, then I will finish my room.

It's a bippity-boppity Booya!

Oh. I thought it was a Poo-ya.

• Like 3

The more she types, the better she will get at composing in front of a computer. It took me some time, but I do pretty well with the writing and typing thing now. I'm still more poetic with the pencil and notepad, but I think I do a pretty good job without those things now.

• Like 1

I made homemade peanut noodles for dinner.  (I'd post the recipe, but it wasn't very good.  It needs some tweaking.  If/when I get it right, then I'll post.)

Anyway, dd6 was fascinated with the idea of "homemade".  I've made peanut noodles before, but always from a kit.

She asked about the ingredients.  I told her that the first ingredient was rice noodles.

dd6:  (Wide eyed):  Did you make them?

me: No, I bought them at the store.

dd6:  Then it isn't homemade.

me:  I don't have a rice paddy in the back yard.  Of course I had to buy them at the store.

dd6:  But it's not homemade.

I gave up. 

• Like 7

I made homemade peanut noodles for dinner.  (I'd post the recipe, but it wasn't very good.  It needs some tweaking.  If/when I get it right, then I'll post.)

Anyway, dd6 was fascinated with the idea of "homemade".  I've made peanut noodles before, but always from a kit.

She asked about the ingredients.  I told her that the first ingredient was rice noodles.

dd6:  (Wide eyed):  Did you make them?

me: No, I bought them at the store.

dd6:  Then it isn't homemade.

me:  I don't have a rice paddy in the back yard.  Of course I had to buy them at the store.

dd6:  But it's not homemade.

I gave up. 

DYING  :lol:

That's pretty much what I would say, too. 

When you say peanut noodles, are you meaning something similar to Pad Thai? 

Edited by Southern Ivy
  • Like 2

My mother-in-law hocked a loogie at the dinner table, y'all. My Southern raising is slowly shriveling up and crawling away to somewhere it is appreciated. Somewhere much farther south than SW Missouri. 

Emma-Stone-Ew.gif?resize=500%2C344

Also, my child is in the basement with her aunt and grandmother. I can hear every word she is saying. She is SO LOUD!! 

Edited by Southern Ivy
  • Like 5

My mother-in-law hocked a loogie at the dinner table, y'all. My Southern raising is slowly shriveling up and crawling away to somewhere it is appreciated. Somewhere much farther south than SW Missouri.

Emma-Stone-Ew.gif?resize=500%2C344

Oh wow! That is.....somethin' all right! And I'm not even Southern. Edited by KrissiK
  • Like 1

I am amazing.  Dead, but amazing.  Dd is even more amazing but she's healthy so I get more Brownie points.  After we organized the kitchen cabinet (with three shelves no less), I went to the chiro and got put back together  Then we did errands, including taking some stuff to Goodwill.  Then the amazing part.  We came home and we rearranged the furniture in the living room.  And we cleaned.  I mean really cleaned.  Dd washed the picture window.  And I cleaned the furnace vent and put in new vent filters.  And we reorganized the science stuff that of course we keep on the living room bookcase because doesn't everyone have a preserved dead fetal pig on their bookcase?  And we moved the furniture around and vacuumed all under everything.  And took some stuff down to the Schoolroom of Doom where it will languish forever in torment.  And then I vacuumed the hallway.  And dd reorganized the pet closet.  And then she vacuumed the stairs for me.  Now I'm heating up my peanut noodles from last night (what a coincidence - Junie!).  I'm happy.  But dead.  It probably will take me a week to recover.  But maybe not. 

A High Self Esteem (designed to pick me up from being prostrate on the floor from exhaustion) Booyah! 

Edited by Jean in Newcastle
  • Like 8

All except for Slache; but we don't really talk about that.

Total guess on the semicolon, by the way.

No conjunction with the semicolon. It connects 2 independent clauses.

Example:

All except for Slache; we don't really talk about that.

Or

All except for Slache, but we don't really talk about that.

• Like 3

Hey Jean, were your peanut noodles homemade?  :laugh:  Do you have a recipe you could share?

http://www.eatingwell.com/recipe/252462/pork-bok-choy-stir-fry/

As with most things I make, I didn't totally follow the recipe.  I used rice noodles (from the store but I boiled them) instead of the soba noodles.  And I added peanut butter, which it didn't call for but tasted good with it anyway. 

• Like 1