Menu

Ignore this thread!

I don't want to put all my crap away. Well, I do. . . eventually. But for right now I have more important priorities to attend to. This morning: take yet another nap so that I am awake enough to even think. Then work on camp lesson plans.

Sleep > Crap
  • Like 1

• Replies 216.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Slache

• Susan in TN

• Jean in Newcastle

• KrissiK

Add me to the No Sleep Club.  It's almost 4 a.m. ....  Tomorrow's gonna be fun.

I think our Spanish class is going to be taught by duolingo.  Quiero dormir.   :sleep:

*Pulls in Junie, too*

*says Gesundheit*

• Like 2

I'm not sure why? Because I haven't put them in their place yet? My brain works a certain way regardless of the space around me - one thing at a time. Lately, that one thing has been swim. Next week it will be writing camp and oldest's wisdom teeth, the week after that might be school. My brain is organized even if my space is not - even when we lived in apartments. But maybe I'm misunderstanding what you mean.

I get it.  It's like trying to be more fit has taken over my life this past week, but not in a way that actually results in much more exercise.  I've gotten in some, but there's been researching better food/meal options for me, finding exercise videos to try, updating my out-of-date profile on Wii Fit, shopping for fitness trackers, hassling with the one I did get in (and am returning as of today), tracking tracking always tracking every dad-blasted bite or sip I take, going around in circles with The Egg & I after I made the mistake of ordering some food off of their limited time menu (still waiting for correct nutritional info -- finally guessed and put my guesses in that day), remembering appointments in the nick of time, fielding phone calls from family and another from the pediatrician's nurse (DD15's blood work is back and she's got elevated cholesterol levels), having to plan out a new mealtime strategy that eats up the foods we have while putting ALL FOUR of us onto the same cholesterol-reducing diet (because now that I have to add one DD to that I'm NOT going to hassle over who gets to eat what and who is more restricted).

Oh, and I just remembered I STILL need to make a dermatologist appointment for both DDs and me.  I hope they don't leave early on Fridays.  Must go call them and THEN tend to the dinging dryer.

Oh, and I spent all morning writing product reviews.

• Like 1

You know, if you guys took a little break from ITT you could put all your crap away.

Actually, it was returning to ITT that got me out of the doldrums enough to start moving and getting at least SOME housework/decluttering/putting stuff away accomplished.

• Like 5

I don't want to put all my crap away.  Well, I do. . . eventually.  But for right  now I have more important priorities to attend to.  This morning:  take yet another nap so that I am awake enough to even think.  Then work on camp lesson plans. 

I'd say you have a good order to your priorities.  :iagree:

• Like 3

Oldest and I are walking through his homeschool materials and planner for this upcoming school year. I'm hyperventilating a little.

I still have to start ordering in curricula.  DD15 will be starting 9th.  High School.  I think right now she's more anxious about it than I am.

• Like 1

I slept from 4 until 9.  So, I guess that's not too bad.

I am on a liquid diet for a few days because I apparently am having a reaction to gluten (possibly in some hair gel that I tried).   :confused1:

Took kids to an activity.

Survived Wal-Mart.

Sold $125 worth of toys on ebay today.   :hurray:

• Like 7

I slept from 4 until 9.  So, I guess that's not too bad.

I am on a liquid diet for a few days because I apparently am having a reaction to gluten (possibly in some hair gel that I tried).   :confused1:

Took kids to an activity.

Survived Wal-Mart.

Sold $125 worth of toys on ebay today.   :hurray:

Good job!!!!  :hurray: :hurray:

• Like 1

Pokemon GO thread  :rofl:

My cell phone is not smart enough to allow us to play Pokemon Go.  However, ds15 got to play when he was taking care of the youth pastor's young kids at church (3 little boys -- ds15 enjoys playing with them).  The youth pastor set it up on his phone and sent the boys on a scavenger hunt inside the church.  :)

• Like 1

Judgement upon initial peek :  false dichotomy.  Does it get entertaining?  Should I keep reading?

It doesn't get entertaining.  My main concern with Pokemon Go is that it is a location based app--not only does it have your precise gps location, it also has control of your camera and microphone.  Also, before the google security patch, it could access your google photos, documents, etc.  It seems like a security risk, especially if hackers target the app.

But, instead, everyone is talking about how you might actually walk off a cliff.

• Like 2

Despite posting in the Pokemon Go thread, I actually don't care either way if people play or not.  Dd was interested and I let her set it up on my phone.  We turn the GPS settings on only if we are going to play it and then turn it off when not.  I think she's done it twice?  My main beef is people making a moral issue about a non-intrisically moral or immoral activity.  (Did that come out right?  I did try to sleep but I'm still very fuzzy brained.)

• Like 4

It doesn't get entertaining.  My main concern with Pokemon Go is that it is a location based app--not only does it have your precise gps location, it also has control of your camera and microphone.  Also, before the google security patch, it could access your google photos, documents, etc.  It seems like a security risk, especially if hackers target the app.

But, instead, everyone is talking about how you might actually walk off a cliff.

Thank you for this.  I am starting to see some real benefits of having my kids start, but I'll have DH check it over thoroughly first.  Since he's our tech support if anything happens he gets the final yay or nay on ANYTHING that gets downloaded.  (Actually, I can download whatever I like on my phone, but I still check with him anyway because he knows his stuff.)  You mentioned some good concerns.

Despite posting in the Pokemon Go thread, I actually don't care either way if people play or not.  Dd was interested and I let her set it up on my phone.  We turn the GPS settings on only if we are going to play it and then turn it off when not.  I think she's done it twice?  My main beef is people making a moral issue about a non-intrisically moral or immoral activity.  (Did that come out right?  I did try to sleep but I'm still very fuzzy brained.)

It came out fine.  I totally got what you meant.

Totally.  Like, fer sher.  (contemplating annoying the kids by talking bad Valley-girl-ese at them for a bit)

• Like 3

I'm totally cool with people playing or not playing too. It's just important to understand the potential consequences of your choices, iykwim. This isn't an app I'd want to be playing in a secure military facility, or sensitive corporate environment. I also wouldn't want to put this on my work phone if I was still practicing law.

ETA: Pokemon booya---I've watched all of the episodes of Pokemon XY, Indigo League, and Black and White. Mother of the Year, I am, I tell you. 

Edited by kbeal
  • Like 5

Judgement upon initial peek :  false dichotomy.  Does it get entertaining?  Should I keep reading?

What Jean said. And the whole "I'm not taking my kids to the park because people are playing that game there" attitude was just ridiculous.

• Like 4

Gag me with a spoon.

(Or as I say to the kids, "Gag me with a tunafish."  It gives a nice mental image!)

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I'll have to try that one on them!

I wonder if that old Square Pegs show can be unearthed?  Or McGyver?  My friends and I were doing McGyver Minutes before they put those on the air.  Don't get us started on the episode in which he did a facial reconstruction on a skull.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I'll have to try that one on them!

I wonder if that old Square Pegs show can be unearthed?  Or McGyver?  My friends and I were doing McGyver Minutes before they put those on the air.  Don't get us started on the episode in which he did a facial reconstruction on a skull.

McGyver is on Hulu.

What Jean said. And the whole "I'm not taking my kids to the park because people are playing that game there" attitude was just ridiculous.

I gotta agree.  Unless one is people-phobic.  One should never go anyplace where there are actual people if one is people-phobic.

• Like 4

Apparently. I don't think she's eating enough.

Not if hunger is keeping her from sleeping.

We have a pic of DD15 when she was 2.  She's solidly zonked out on the floor, surrounded by scattered potato chips.  She was running wild just moments earlier and keeping me from eating lunch.  I turned around after cleaning up her spill and found her sound asleep with a half-eaten chip in her mouth.  I snapped the pic, then cleaned up the chips, cleared her mouth, and put a blanket over her.  Then I ate quickly and fell asleep in the rocking chair next to her.

• Like 4

It's close enough to DH's end of work day (assuming no one delays him at work) that I don't want to start anything further.  Our bedding is freshly washed and our bed remade.  Our dishes are--

Oops.  Still waiting for me to actually start the dishwasher.  Back in a mo  :leaving:

• Like 3

It's also on amazon if you have prime.

Ah, we do!  I need to check out their music and video offerings.  DD15 is now mad at them -- DH has set her up to listen to Amazon music through the app.  She got permission from me to download Shazam, used it to find out the title of a song she liked, and then tried to find the song on the Amazon music app.  It's a French song.  I had to explain about free versus paid music, royalties, permissions to offer, etc.  Just because a song is out there doesn't mean every platform can offer it for free....

They are coming out with a McGyver reboot on regular t.v.  I hope that they don't ruin it. 

This morning I also saw a commercial advertising a remake of Ben-Hur.

We have a pic of DD15 when she was 2.  She's solidly zonked out on the floor, surrounded by scattered potato chips.  She was running wild just moments earlier and keeping me from eating lunch.  I turned around after cleaning up her spill and found her sound asleep with a half-eaten chip in her mouth.  I snapped the pic, then cleaned up the chips, cleared her mouth, and put a blanket over her.  Then I ate quickly and fell asleep in the rocking chair next to her.

You saw my youngest this week? Lol....

• Like 1

Ah, we do!  I need to check out their music and video offerings.  DD15 is now mad at them -- DH has set her up to listen to Amazon music through the app.  She got permission from me to download Shazam, used it to find out the title of a song she liked, and then tried to find the song on the Amazon music app.  It's a French song.  I had to explain about free versus paid music, royalties, permissions to offer, etc.  Just because a song is out there doesn't mean every platform can offer it for free....

Yep. Seasons 1-7 are available for free. We watch a lot of the old shows here between Netflix, Amazon, and Hulu.

• Like 1

It's close enough to DH's end of work day (assuming no one delays him at work) that I don't want to start anything further.  Our bedding is freshly washed and our bed remade.  Our dishes are--

Oops.  Still waiting for me to actually start the dishwasher.  Back in a mo  :leaving:

Our dishes are running in the dishwasher.  I have made the dermatologist appointment for both girls and me.  My brain is NOT awake today, I'm trying to be good and NOT eat a bunch of chocolate, and I don't know where the time has gone.  My knee hurts again, but I can go swimming later at ILs' house for exercise.

Maybe it's time to resort to some brain-candy and go read in the book I picked back up again.

• Like 4

I saw a commercial for that last night! 

I told DH about it.  He's underwhelmed because he hasn't yet seen a remake that didn't destroy the story (in his opinion).  He sees them as I-can't-think-of-anything-good-so-I'll-rehash-this-and-hope-I-make-as-much-as-the-original.  For many shows I gotta agree with him, and I'm bummed because right now my brainless brain won't pull up any contrary examples, though I'm sure I have seen some I like.

• Like 1

I have a heavy heart today. This is not the world I wanted to raise my children in. I truly had no idea the world was this racist, and I never would have imagined the terrorist attacks we have today. Homeschooling was supposed to protect them from being bombarded with drugs and s*x every day at the age of 9, but these are things that I cannot protect them from.

Unless she slept due to hunger.

I have a picture of dd16 when she was about 2 with her face in some mashed potatoes or something.

It's hot here. I'm having hot flashes.

• Like 3

I am really frustrated at life right now.  In the past 5 days I've only had two days where I got done what I wanted to get done.

:grouphug:  :grouphug:  :grouphug:

Think about what you got done this month, though!!! I've had a down week myself, but I'm coming off of two busy weeks in a row.  REST this weekend and regroup.  

• Like 3

I am really frustrated at life right now.  In the past 5 days I've only had two days where I got done what I wanted to get done.

:grouphug:  But, you did get things done you wanted done, right? Sometimes we take our wins where we can.

Edited by Renai
  • Like 4

I am home from work. It was my birthday, and we had root beer floats. I eat no GF cake that I don't bake myself, y'all. Picky, picky me. All my cabin mates at Camp NaNo wished me a happy birthday, and I had all my ITT birthday wishes, too. :001_wub: I got word that two of my kitty patients from last week went home feeling fine and doing well after treatment, and the day was light and didn't kill me today. My children are visiting with cousins, because my brother and his wife and kids drove up last night to surprise me for my birthday. And nothing bad happened so far (I have a long and well known history of having birthday bad days, so this is really good!)

On Pokemon Go. My kids get to play it when I get a fancy, schmancy phone for me. And when we no longer live in the hollow where the internet goes to die.

On McGyver-I approves.

On homeschooling being protective, Slache.  :grouphug: The protective part isn't the sheltering (although that can be a comfort at times). The protective part is the chronic exposure to love, values, beauty, truth and valor. That's internal shielding, and a weapon against darkness of all shapes and sizes. 

• Like 9