• Replies 216.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Slache

• Susan in TN

• Jean in Newcastle

• KrissiK

Before I get caught up on the thread, I have to spill the convo I had with my odd father, who was over today.  He called to tell me that I should take care that my trash does not blow away, as the wind is going to be high.  Also, the wood floors which are currently being laid upstairs probably have a high formaldehyde level, and I should watch little dd carefully for symptoms. :confused1:  This was followed up by lectures on my footwear, which probably caused plantar fasciitis, and if I want to ruin my feet and my kids' feet, I should keep buying flip flops. :huh:  It was twenty minutes of doom and gloom.  I hung up and almost needed to call the suicide hotline!  What a downer.  He is not usually on such a tear, but he was in really rare form.  He always picks up on a few minute details of things that should be different around my house (due to us only having time and energy for the really big stuff right now), but wow, just wow.  

I then went to the AHG fall party, which was very nice except for an older brother who came (age 15) to the mostly 1st-4th grade girls' party dressed as the grim reaper and chased them around with a scythe.   :confused1:

If anyone needs me, I will be raising goats for milk, food, and hair in the mountains somewhere off the grid. :gnorsi:

P.S.  I thought our kitten had gotten out while the formaldehyde wood floor man was here.  I could not find her and was worried.  Later, ds12 found her hiding in the crevice of the couch.  She is deathly afraid of the wood floor man because evidently HE is the grim reaper due to bringing poisons into the home. :ohmy:  :thumbdown:

P.P.S.  All I have left is my sense of humor.

Tex,

You are a good daughter!

How did little dd do with the crazed AHG party?

Goats stink and it sounds like a lot of work.  I sense your desperation.  But you might sleep better after all that. 

So glad kitty is safe and sound.

• Like 4

Speaking of fathers, mine is on prednisone which has made him so much livelier for the first time in three and a half years (since his leukemia diagnosis).  He is so funny (all the time), but it's good to see him perked up - AND especially to have an appetite again.  I suggested prednisone a long time ago, but alas I don't have a medical degree. 

• Like 9

Good Morning!!!!! Finally a day at home with no appointments, no meetings, no get-togethers. Thank goodness. There is a Halloween party tonight, but I am hoping everyone has forgotten about it. Tomorrow will be a BIG day so I think we need to stay home anyway.

Hope everyone has a good day.

• Like 7

Speaking of fathers, mine is on prednisone which has made him so much livelier for the first time in three and a half years (since his leukemia diagnosis). He is so funny (all the time), but it's good to see him perked up - AND especially to have an appetite again. I suggested prednisone a long time ago, but alas I don't have a medical degree.

This is such good news!!! I am so glad the medicine helps him. Prednisone really helped my FIL with his breathing too. He had COPD and black lung from working in coal mines. He absolutely thrived with it.

• Like 5

Good Morning!!!!! Finally a day at home with no appointments, no meetings, no get-togethers. Thank goodness. There is a Halloween party tonight, but I am hoping everyone has forgotten about it. Tomorrow will be a BIG day so I think we need to stay home anyway.

Hope everyone has a good day.

In case I miss you later, hope tomorrow goes super smoothly.  Hope it's fantastic in every way.  So exciting!

• Like 2

Raining cats and dogs here. We need it.

Mr. Ellie is on a road trip for work, to Houston and back.

No hula today. IDK why.

I *must* find a long black dress before next Thursday. My church is putting on a concert (Vivaldi's "Four Seasons" and "Gloria"), and I'm singing in the choir. And I must have a long black dress. No luck so far. :-(

• Like 8

Umm, Slash?

Did you say what I think you said?

'Cuz I think I might have just figured it out. :0

:lol:

Sorry, Slachie... I took off to another thread and never managed to venture back before bedtime.  Totally missed this.

So in light of that, my obligatory ::ignore:: starts.... NOW.  I'll let you know when I'm allowed to come out and play again with the likes of you.  

• Like 5

Tex,

You are a good daughter!

How did little dd do with the crazed AHG party?

Goats stink and it sounds like a lot of work.  I sense your desperation.  But you might sleep better after all that. 

So glad kitty is safe and sound.

She did great at the party and was not chased by the silly teen boy.  

Speaking of fathers, mine is on prednisone which has made him so much livelier for the first time in three and a half years (since his leukemia diagnosis).  He is so funny (all the time), but it's good to see him perked up - AND especially to have an appetite again.  I suggested prednisone a long time ago, but alas I don't have a medical degree. 

That is really great!  Go dad!  

Meds taken. And magnesium and vitamin D.

We have a pantry moth plague and can't figure out where they're coming from. It's not from the pantry.

We got pantry moths from the parrot food.  They love seeds and the dried red peppers in it.  I had to put everything in mason jars and then freeze the parrot food for a week after we buy it.  That parrot is a menace.

No hula today. IDK why.

I *must* find a long black dress before next Thursday. My church is putting on a concert (Vivaldi's "Four Seasons" and "Gloria"), and I'm singing in the choir. And I must have a long black dress. No luck so far. :-(

Have you thought of a long black skirt and a black top?  Same effect from the stage and might be easier to pull off.

Edited by texasmama
  • Like 5

Renai -- sorry to hear the moths are back.  I have no tips on getting rid of them; but I am hating them for you, with venomous passion.   We have a history, pantry moths and me. Not a pleasant one.  

Dawn - Praying, and can't wait to hear how it goes!

Lynn - I'm delighted about your dad's new meds, but so saddened to hear of his cancer!    :grouphug:

Ellie - Shucks.  I just donated a long black dress. Hope your shopping is successful, and I ditto the skirt idea.  You are more likely to use it again in the future.

Tex - what exactly is AHG?  

• Like 3

This is the video of our first, first-place win, sweeping all categories. Not to brag or anything, but these kids work so hard. The actual show starts about a minute in. The first part is the pre-show. Just thought y'all might like to see what we will be doing tomorrow. Dh, the twins and I are at the bottom of the screen. Ds20 is helping hold the podium in place by leaning on it. Our drum major really gets into it.:D

"City of Angels"

Mvt. 1 Angels in Architecture

Mvt. 2 Ave Maria

Mvt. 3 Old 100th/Angels in Architecture (my favorite)

I will probably take the link down later tonight since it is a dead giveaway to the county I live in. But since we are invisible and all....

• Like 6

No hula today. IDK why.

Do you have any good thrift stores nearby?

This is the video of our first, first-place win, sweeping all categories. Not to brag or anything, but these kids work so hard. The actual show starts about a minute in. The first part is the pre-show. Just thought y'all might like to see what we will be doing tomorrow. Dh, the twins and I are at the bottom of the screen. Ds20 is helping hold the podium in place by leaning on it. Our drum major really gets into it. :D

"City of Angels"

Mvt. 2 Ave Maria

I will probably take the link down later tonight since it is a dead giveaway to the county I live in. But since we are invisible and all....

AWESOME!

And a :party:for you, too!

• Like 2

As in Texas, Queen Ellie-land division, it is pouring rain here.  Having delayed the inevitable far longer than is appropriate, I shall now slog out to the barn, feed the ponies, and attempt to clear the paddocks of soaked poopies.  Sigh.  Frozen is much easier.  Both summer and winter here are fabulous; the transitions, however, can be challenging.

• Like 3

This is the video of our first, first-place win, sweeping all categories. Not to brag or anything, but these kids work so hard. The actual show starts about a minute in. The first part is the pre-show. Just thought y'all might like to see what we will be doing tomorrow. Dh, the twins and I are at the bottom of the screen. Ds20 is helping hold the podium in place by leaning on it. Our drum major really gets into it. :D

"City of Angels"

Mvt. 2 Ave Maria

That was spectacular!  Thanks for posting it, Dawn. My children have never seen a marching band and were captivated throughout.

Best wishes!

• Like 1

That was spectacular! Thanks for posting it, Dawn. My children have never seen a marching band and were captivated throughout.

Best wishes!

Thank you so much. I had been debating with myself for about a month whether I should post it or not. I am glad they enjoyed it. We love marching bands here.

• Like 2

As in Texas, Queen Ellie-land division, it is pouring rain here.  Having delayed the inevitable far longer than is appropriate, I shall now slog out to the barn, feed the ponies, and attempt to clear the paddocks of soaked poopies.  Sigh.  Frozen is much easier.  Both summer and winter here are fabulous; the transitions, however, can be challenging.

Some meteorologists are predicting the kind of devastation that happened on Memorial Day Weekend. :crying:

No hula today. IDK why.

Does it have to be a dress-dress?

This is what dd17 did - a long black maxi dress and a black cardigan-sweater type thing. It looked nice and was long and black.

Oh this is too exciting!!

Booya!

This booya is dedicated to Friday, may it ever return on a weekly basis.

All together now! And a-one, and a-two, and a-one-two-three...

This is the thread that never ends,

It just goes on and on my friends.

People started posting not knowing what it was,

And they'll continue posting forever just because...

This is the thread that never ends

You'd best come join it with your friends

'Cuz it will replace Facebook as the latest web-based craze

And everyone will post here instead for the rest of their days

This is the thread that's always there

They'll cheer you up so don't despair

The group is growing well as more people start checking in

And we'll keep sucking them in because our cheer is addictive

This is the thread that never ends...

• Like 5

Cervical cancer update:

He says they are waiting a year because there is no reason to treat now. There is no benefit to waiting a year. Her symptoms are not a reason to treat.

She's getting a second opinion, hopefully next week.

Glad she is getting a second opinion. Thanks for the update. I was wondering.

• Like 4