• Replies 216.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Slache

• Susan in TN

• Jean in Newcastle

• KrissiK

Having a bit of a diabetic crisis. (Not ER worthy but definitely make-me-feel-like-crap worthy). Took meds to try and get things under control. Yesterday and today have not been my days. My bp is high-ish today but not as bad as yesterday.

(((Jean)))

• Like 2

Got the letter from social services today. I now know Landon's mother's name and his date of birth. I texted my other brother and asked if he wanted to be included as a relative on the form I'm sending back. He lives in Florida, and it's not likely that he will want to be involved, but I thought he should be able to make the choice.

• Like 10

Tell child to be quiet.

I do. Confession: it's John. John is a brilliant, energetic, curious, strong boy with so many passions. His father has ADD and people often ask if John is ADHD, but he sits for church and school, is well behaved and polite, and I see no reason to have a 4 year old boy tested for an attention deficit problem. But he's loud. And he talks all. the. time. But he's mine and I love him.

• Like 4

I do. Confession: it's John. John is a brilliant, energetic, curious, strong boy with so many passions. His father has ADD and people often ask if John is ADHD, but he sits for church and school, is well behaved and polite, and I see no reason to have a 4 year old boy tested for an attention deficit problem. But he's loud. And he talks all. the. time. But he's mine and I love him.

I'm outta likes, but he sounds perfect to me. 

• Like 4

It is good for children to learn the difference between inside voices and outside voices and other acceptable noise levels. This is more important than potty training, imho.

He's good. He needs an outlet and we have not been hiking. He's much more pleasant when I run him like a dog for 20 minutes a day.

• Like 3

So. . . who would steal cremains and then get rid of the urn by hiding it amongst the sidewalk sale stuff at a craft store?  And what do you do with an empty funeral urn?  Sell it on E-bay?  

I have no idea what to do with an urn That whole situation is just strange.

• Like 2

Having a bit of a diabetic crisis. (Not ER worthy but definitely make-me-feel-like-crap worthy). Took meds to try and get things under control. Yesterday and today have not been my days. My bp is high-ish today but not as bad as yesterday.

Ack! Are things better now? How about your throat swelling?

I just ate a slice of America cheese out of desperation. If that's beneath you all then so be it.

I ate a sh9t ton of cheese with baby #2.  It is what it is.

So did I with #2. There were days I'd forget to take my daily allowance of cheese to work with me (cashier at a community college) and would pay 50 cents for a slice of American in the college cafeteria. I know, probably pathetic. But it was worth it at the time. :D

• Like 3

I have Nan's hearing aids so maybe we could package those together in an ebay auction.  The "before and after".

ETA:  On that macabre topic, we have a Booya(h)

Susan's song, etc.

This Booya(h) is dedicated to Aunt Bob.

You know, I am the one that started the song. Susan finished it with the other verses. Just FYI. Because pathetic.

• Like 4

Ds15 claims he has no underwear.  I just bought him some, and I do laundry every other day.  How does someone lose all his underwear?

I see you've already solved the mystery in my absence, but I was going to suggest that maybe he forgot to take the others off when putting the new ones on every day.  :lol:

• Like 3

That is a smokin' hot hoodie.  I would have to wear pants with it or use it as a sleep dress.

I think it is less the dress, and more the girl.

I asked dh about the dress, then after I said that the girl has nice legs and he said he needed a second look to check, I had to tell him he was looking to long.

• Like 4

Ack! Are things better now? How about your throat swelling?

Sugar is now 252, 3 hours after eating and after taking extra meds.  Not a good number, but as the nurse pointed out (and I knew) not ER territory.  I have no idea what to eat for dinner.  Maybe just some rotisserie chicken or something.  I am trying not to go into a pity party.  I already can't eat any grains.  

My throat is mildly swollen and is just staying that way.  Not getting worse, not getting better.

My bp was 144/83.  Not horrible but not good.  

• Like 1

Sugar is now 252, 3 hours after eating and after taking extra meds.  Not a good number, but as the nurse pointed out (and I knew) not ER territory.  I have no idea what to eat for dinner.  Maybe just some rotisserie chicken or something.  I am trying not to go into a pity party.  I already can't eat any grains.  

My throat is mildly swollen and is just staying that way.  Not getting worse, not getting better.

My bp was 144/83.  Not horrible but not good.  

:grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug:

• Like 1

I am officially burnt out. I want a high salary and a nice car. I am so sick of not being valued and having to do four jobs to get a decent salary. Because you know.... I do mine and the job that was eliminated during budget cuts at a day and night job. I want to have one job. I need to quit.

:grouphug:  Been there, and wound up quitting. Not without a plan though.

• Like 1

My child is an only so I really like her.  Because no other options.

(When she was little, the constant conversation was exhausting, though.  My next-door neighbor thought I was nuts, because I loved having all four of her kids over at once.  All the time.  But, honestly, it was easier to just be the manager and not the everything.)

• Like 3

My husband is also named John and is really, really LOUD.

There must be something to the name.

My dh's first name is Juan (he goes by his second name), and he can be loud, too. My secoind child is not named John, but a foreign word meaning rain. I often comment she should have been called storm, or thunder and lightening, or something like that.

ETA: 

booya_avatar_400x400.jpg

• Like 7