• Replies 216.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Slache

• Susan in TN

• Jean in Newcastle

• KrissiK

I plan to finish working on the house this morning.  Then older dd and I are meeting up with friends.  Then we're coming home and more friends are coming for dinner.  So, I will be scarce today.  Plus I don't really want to clear history and shut everything down until I finish an order I'm working on, and these double posts are annoying.  (I'm lazy like that). 

So, I know you'll miss me, but I'll try to check in and attempt to store reputation votes, lol. 

• Like 5

That would kill my kid.

I've been using almond milk for some things, but since I'm on an autoimmune elimination diet, I'm avoiding it. Besides, store-bought nut milks have some crazy ingredients. I will probably not go back to it.

• Like 1

I'm going to kill this new dog. All she does is bark. At first she was shy, but now she won't shut up. All day. All night. When does she sleep? I need to ask what's-her-face about no-bark collars (ick), but she bailed on us. I'm just that desperate.

I'm going to kill this new dog. All she does is bark. At first she was shy, but now she won't shut up. All day. All night. When does she sleep? I need to ask what's-her-face about no-bark collars (ick), but she bailed on us. I'm just that desperate.

I'm a dog expert, but with very different opinions than Hornblower. Im pro barking collar. It's a habit and it needs to be broken.

I'm a dog expert, but with very different opinions than Hornblower. Im pro barking collar. It's a habit and it needs to be broken.

Good, because I'm picking one from Amazon now. Do you have any suggestions? I feel sorrow for my neighbors tonight...

Good, because I'm picking one from Amazon now. Do you have any suggestions? I feel sorrow for my neighbors tonight...

Nope. Sorry. I train my dogs the hard way, but barking collars do work. Please keep in mind that some dogs are complete idiots and sometimes when you put the collar on for the first time they will scream incessantly. You will possibly need to be there the first few times she barks to calm her down. Do not put it on right before you leave the house. As soon as the habit is broken take the collar off. Dogs have the ability to bark for a reason and you don't want to take that away. It will probably take 3 weeks. Keep the collar in case she starts up again.

Hmmmm...  The dog doesn't sleep?  Ever heard the old adage that dogs take after their owners?  :D

Sorry you didn't get more sleep!

• Like 1

Nope. Sorry. I train my dogs the hard way, but barking collars do work. Please keep in mind that some dogs are complete idiots and sometimes when you put the collar on for the first time they will scream incessantly. You will possibly need to be there the first few times she barks to calm her down. Do not put it on right before you leave the house. As soon as the habit is broken take the collar off. Dogs have the ability to bark for a reason and you don't want to take that away. It will probably take 3 weeks. Keep the collar in case she starts up again.

I've had several dogs, but never one that barked as much as this one. Dh's solution is to threaten the dog within an inch of her life until she runs into her doghouse. What's the hard way to train a dog not to bark? I haven't a clue. I'll save my money if I can.

Hmmmm...  The dog doesn't sleep?  Ever heard the old adage that dogs take after their owners?  :D

Sorry you didn't get more sleep!

It's my husband's dog. I hardly pay her any mind. Except to shoo her out of the garden and to shut her up. Ok, that exaggerating. I pet her sometimes.

• Like 1

I've had several dogs, but never one that barked as much as this one. Dh's solution is to threaten the dog within an inch of her life until she runs into her doghouse. What's the hard way to train a dog not to bark? I haven't a clue. I'll save my money if I can.

Put the dog in a pronged collar, keep it with you all day, correct any and all bad behaviour. It is a lot of work. I do not recommend it in your situation. If you do decide to go that route make sure you encourage and reward all good behavior and in general make the day pleasant and fun with lots of clapping and hugging and petting. Otherwise the correction takes over the day and it can hinder your relationship.

Dh wants to go on vacay, but I don't.  I am thinking of opting out and staying home with little dd, mostly because college girl is noncommittal to  staying here with the pets so I would have to find and pay someone to come care for them and to water our fruit trees so they don't die.  I don't love vacations anyway. :leaving:

• Like 3

I'm back home from vacation. Brandy, so sorry I wasn't able to meet up with you irl. Our schedule was irratic.

I missed my tennis, but have managed to play some already! 

One thing I discovered just before getting on the plane was that my passport expired a month ago. Ooops! Luckily I could use my driver's license for ID. 

• Like 4

I'm not interested in anything that kills a kid. :leaving:

I had a friend whose son was allergic to just about everything, including cats. At desperate times, she would want me to take care of him. I told her I could not because he would die in my house. I have a cat. They had given me their bird. I grow corn and tomatoes. There is dust and pet dander everywhere. And this plant that will make even me sneeze in the fall. She'd bring him anyway.  :glare:

He never died, though, which was a good thing. :)

• Like 2

What kind of dog is that, Renai?

I have no clue. Dh brought her home one day and couldn't even tell me how old she is. She is young though because she still has the puppy face. I'll see if I can't get a better picture of her.

Ok. I'm going to go KonMari the kids clothes and my clothes, clean up the fridge, and possibly the papers. This is going to require shoes and a bra. Have fun without me.

Alright, I give up.  Been trying to ignore this because organizing in the midst of our current chaos seems so futile. But I have to know.

What the bejeebers is KonMari?  

I love a clean kitchen. I just hate cleaning it.

Little Fill-Your-Bucket Duckie feels the same way.  She's got breakfast dish duty, and despises it.  

After she declared this morning that "we should never wash dishes ever again!" I finally broke down and googled images of hoarder kitchens for her to see.

She looked positively scared, got teary-eyed, and skittled off to the sink as fast as she could.  

If she doesn't have nightmares, I think the problem may be solved.  When she finished, I told her how much I appreciated her contribution to our family.  She smiled.   :blush5:

• Like 4

Little Fill-Your-Bucket Duckie feels the same way.  She's got breakfast dish duty, and despises it.  

After she declared this morning that "we should never wash dishes ever again!" I finally broke down and googled images of hoarder kitchens for her to see.

She looked positively scared, got teary-eyed, and skittled off to the sink as fast as she could.  

If she doesn't have nightmares, I think the problem may be solved.  When she finished, I told her how much I appreciated her contribution to our family.  She smiled.   :blush5:

Tell her that Mrs. Texas is SO proud!

• Like 2

I'm not interested in anything that kills a kid. :leaving:

It's okay for you to like it, though. :)  You don't have to share it with him. 

I had a friend whose son was allergic to just about everything, including cats. At desperate times, she would want me to take care of him. I told her I could not because he would die in my house. I have a cat. They had given me their bird. I grow corn and tomatoes. There is dust and pet dander everywhere. And this plant that will make even me sneeze in the fall. She'd bring him anyway.  :glare:

He never died, though, which was a good thing.

SMH.  Poor kid.  I know what 15 min at his grandfather's house with a dog does to my son.  I can't imagine.

• Like 1

I need my own IT person who lives in my house and can help me do stupid stuff like actually be able to open PDF files and create new folders in documents.  I dislike things that make me feel stupid because I am not stupid.

I'll send ds right over.  (Gloating because I do have my own IT person who lives in my house. . . )

• Like 1

Wow, that is a little mutt you got there.  

My guess is some long haired doxie mixed with some chi chi.  Probably something else thrown in.

Where is she at night?

She's pretty though.

What's a doxie?

They both sleep outside. Starting in fall, they will sleep inside because it gets too cold for my little boogers.