Menu

Stan Lee is teaching a MOOC!

I have never done one of these classes before.  Is it better to audit, or do take the verified course.

If we audit - can I still assign credit for it?

I believe there's a $50 fee for the verified course, and the auditing version is free. I don't know what the regulations are for your state, but I imagine you can assign credit without getting the verification. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

How much credit could you assign for a class like this?    1/4?  

I am wondering if there is something I could add to beef it up a little.  

DD would love me to 'assign' for her to read comic books for school - (It's for research, right?! LOL!)  ;)

Has anyone done one of these before?  I signed up using my email address.  Do each of my boys need to register as well?  Thanks!

They'll need their own accounts if you want them to be able to turn in/post their assignments individually. If you're just following along for fun or they'll be working together, they don't need separate accounts. Often these things have quizzes and discussion assignments.

How much credit could you assign for a class like this?    1/4?  

I am wondering if there is something I could add to beef it up a little.  

DD would love me to 'assign' for her to read comic books for school - (It's for research, right?! LOL!)   ;)

Mine are younger, so I can't speak to the credit questions. However, you could easily beef it up; there's actually a lot written about comics from a historical/sociological perspective. Research project! Or you could go more of a literary criticism route with a graphic novel study, though that would be easier with older teens due to a tendency toward mature content.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

My teen has been enjoying this. :) 

As for credit, he is getting no extra credit whatsoever. It is being rolled into his literature elective this year because it suits the general theme of the elective. it's not substantial enough on it's own for even a 1/4 credit IMO. DS can do the whole "week" of work in less than two hours.