Menu

I have deceived my husband

KungFuPanda

I ordered a heated mattress cover and put it on our bed four days ago. He hasn't noticed. It has two controls so I can heat only my side. He just doesn't get cold so he doesn't understand me. Flannel sheets are overkill for him no matter how cold it is. Our house is kept cool because everyone but me likes it that way. I'm just sick to death of layering 24/7. I haven't worn my flannel pjs in days. It's been glorious. I'm baffled that he hasn't noticed at all. It's not like he hasn't crossed the line onto my side. My theory is that everything feels warm to him all the time so he doesn't read subtle temperature changes like I do. I keep it on the lowest setting, but it makes all the difference in the world. I wonder how long it'll take him to notice?

Dh bought ours from LandsEnd. I doubt he did any comparison shopping :lol:

You cannot feel any wires at all inside the mattress pad. Ours has an auto-shut-off after so many hours.

We preheat the bed for half an hour on high. Our bedroom is really, really cold (above the garage). I am able to sleep as nature intended with just the mattress pad and flannel sheets ;) Winter teA brewing is much more enjoyable now!

First time you have TeA so he crosses on to your side!

My husband and I each have our own different blankets and such. Same sheets on the bed. But the blankets are different.

Nope. Didn't notice. I think he was distracted by all the exposed skin.

I just bought a sunbeam brand from Amazon. The wires haven't bothered me. I can feel them if I rub my hand on the sheets, but they're not big enough to interrupt my sleep . . . smaller than electric blanket wires.

It does have a preheat button and shuts off automatically so you can't forget.