Menu

Need advice....a good tea to replace coffee..

I would love not to drink so much coffee. I drink up to 2 to 3 large mugs of decaf. a day with 2 tsp of sugars and flavored creamer--not sure how much.

One HUGE plus is it keeps me regular, which has always been a major problem for me! (I know way TMI!!)

I have tried teas in the past and I just can't drink them hot and I can't get past the smell. I do drink ice tea..with sugar--nasty without!

I don't drink as much as I use to, because it will give me a stomach ache.

I can't remember the brand that I tried. I know it wasn't expensive, because I couldn't see putting the money out and me not liking the tea..which usually happens.

What are some teas that you like?

Does anyone make it so you can buy 1 bag?

I drink a red raspberry leaf blend - it's good for women and tastes good. Green tea has some caffeine, but not much. They used to use roasted chickory root as a "coffee" so if you enjoy the flavor. And Chai is served with hot milk and is warm and soothing. :) My preference is herbal blends, obviously. :D

HTH!

I would love not to drink so much coffee. I drink up to 2 to 3 large mugs of decaf. a day with 2 tsp of sugars and flavored creamer--not sure how much.

One HUGE plus is it keeps me regular, which has always been a major problem for me! (I know way TMI!!)

I have tried teas in the past and I just can't drink them hot and I can't get past the smell. I do drink ice tea..with sugar--nasty without!

I don't drink as much as I use to, because it will give me a stomach ache.

I can't remember the brand that I tried. I know it wasn't expensive, because I couldn't see putting the money out and me not liking the tea..which usually happens.

What are some teas that you like?

Does anyone make it so you can buy 1 bag?

Even the smell of regular tea makes me gag, but I love Good earth. You can pick it up at most stores like Walmart.

It's the only one I've ever drunk, and my mom and dad before me. I love the smell and taste of it, with milk (only milk!) of course.

Sugar and milk for me - just like I drink Earl Grey. I've only ever bought Red Rose in Canada, but I don't know why... I grew up right by the border and we'd just hop across to pick up stuff like that (and salt and vinegar potato chips... mmmmm....) I'm sure you can get it here, I just never have!! I guess it can be my new quest. LOL

I know this totally isn't what you asked for, but have you considered drinking juice instead? Blueberry juice will help keep you regular. Apple juice (from frozen concentrate, not the anemic, bottled stuff) is a good overall juice. All that sweetness you're craving might be your body asking for fruit, and the fruit will help keep you regular too. I drink 2-4 cups of juice a day and eat 4-6 cups of fruit. Anything you move in that direction would probably help and might nip your cravings. For instance, when you crave a mug of coffee, you could have a tall glass of apple juice and 2 cups of fruit, say a cup of blueberries and an orange. The next time you crave the coffee, have a glass of blueberry juice (this usually only comes in bottles), a cup of strawberries, and a grapefruit. At least you'll be too FULL to drink the coffee, lol. It takes 30 days of behavior change to break a habit. You can do this! :)

My favorite sweet teas are chai (with milk) and mango ceylon tea with sugar or honey. I'm trying green teas now since they are supposed to be so good for you, but so far the only one I like is a strawberry green tea that I found at Harry & David. I second trying a sampler of TAZO teas, they are very good. HTH

I'm so fond of herbal teas, and I can only drink Earl Grey ever so often :-)

I use loose tea mostly; somehow it does taste better than tea in bags. Dunno why.

I usually get my tea from Glenbrook Farm. English, Irish and Darjeeling are all good black teas. The Hazelnut tea is quite yummy, and I suspect that the butterscotch toffee and chocolate caramel will be good, too (they are new so I haven't tried them yet).

You can use a teapot like this one to make your loose tea. I have also found teapots like this one. It doesn't take any longer to make tea this way than with a teabag, the tea tastes better, and it's cuter than soggy teabags on the side of your sink. :D

FTR, I can buy Red Rose tea in California and Washington but not in Texas. So I bought a box last time I was in Seattle :-)

I used to be a total coffee addict, and I still do drink it, but I try to limit it to 1 large cup in the morning. (And that still keeps me regular-yes, TMI)

But, I drink tea all through the day now. I usually have one about an hour after my coffee, and at least another in the afternoon. Then, I always have one after dinner to try and keep my dessert cravings down.

Anyway, do you have any tea shops near you? We have several, and the people are usually very knowledgable, plus you can usually try samples. Teavana is a chain (go on teavana.com) and you could see if there are any near you. What's nice about them is that they blend the tea for you, so you should be able to get whatever flavors you like.

I used to add tons of honey to mine, but now I don't even add sweetner to some. Happy hunting.

I love coffee, but I've come to love black teas and chai. I can't drink fruit teas--they taste like hot juice to me.

My favorite morning teas are Irish Breakfast and English Breakfast from Twinings. A delicious afternoon tea that delivers an eye-opening zing and helps with the regularity is mint (also nice because you might not have to add nearly as much sweetener to enjoy it). Then in the late afternoon, nothing beats Earl Grey. Hot.

A teahouse near us serves what they call Creme de la Earl Grey, and it's REALLY GOOD. I think that they've just added vanilla to the tea somehow. Anyway, it requires less sweetener.