Menu

Does this "cookie pie" look undercooked to you?

unsinkable

http://www.averiecooks.com/2014/01/triple-peanut-butter-cookie-pie.html

It's called Triple Peanut Butter Cookie Pie and the overhead shot makes it look like a fun recipe to try.

However, as I scroll down, the individual serving piece with the fork taking a bite looks undercooked to me. I'd almost say raw...but then I tend to like thoroughly cooked cookies and darker crusts.

The top and the edges look done, so I'm worried if I tried it, I'd have an unevenly baked "cookie pie."

What do you think?

To me it looks at the edge of done. She does say the inside is very moist so maybe that contributes to the dark color. You could try making this in one of those cookie cake pans or a pizza pan to cut down thickness and maybe get a more "done" center.

Thanks for pointing that out! I skimmed the text and I didn't notice that point.

So I read it again and noticed she said it isn't cake-y...and I like cake-y blondies and brownies. I might try to add the candy to a cake-y blondie.

It looks less done to me at first glance, but some of the slices are cut through a peanut butter cup, so that's not underdone dough, it's peanut butter, I think.  The cookie part looks buttery/greasy maybe (but not in a bad way), but still done enough for me.

I actually made this a few months ago, and I wish I could remember more about how it came out. I definitely didn't have any issues with borderline undone-ness (how's that for a made up phrase), or uneven baking. However, I have also inherited my mother's tendency toward "two more minutes."  :tongue_smilie:

I think my general take-away was tasty, but not the best peanut butter-laden concoction I've ever made.  :drool5:

ETA: I do remember it being incredibly fast to put together.

It looks less done to me at first glance, but some of the slices are cut through a peanut butter cup, so that's not underdone dough, it's peanut butter, I think. The cookie part looks buttery/greasy maybe (but not in a bad way), but still done enough for me.

Thanks! I love how you said buttery...but not in a bad way. :lol:

I actually made this a few months ago, and I wish I could remember more about how it came out. I definitely didn't have any issues with borderline undone-ness (how's that for a made up phrase), or uneven baking. However, I have also inherited my mother's tendency toward "two more minutes." :tongue_smilie:

I think my general take-away was tasty, but not the best peanut butter-laden concoction I've ever made. :drool5:

ETA: I do remember it being incredibly fast to put together.

Thank you! I appreciate the input.

Maybe I'll just make it as written and then if I don't like it, make adjustments or find another recipe.

I haven't made that recipe, but I've made several of her blondie recipes. They're very gooey. We like gooey, so yay, but if you prefer cakey, I would take the concept and use another peanut butter dough base. :)

Maybe something similar to this one? http://www.myrecipes.com/m/recipe/peanut-butter-chocolate-blondiesYou could halve it to get the thickness of the original.

ETA: I'd probably use 1/3 cup PB if you halve it. 1/4 cup seems not peanut buttery enough.

I haven't made that recipe, but I've made several of her blondie recipes. They're very gooey. We like gooey, so yay, but if you prefer cakey, I would take the concept and use another peanut butter dough base. :)

Maybe something similar to this one? http://www.myrecipes.com/m/recipe/peanut-butter-chocolate-blondiesYou could halve it to get the thickness of the original.

Ooh, thanks for the link.

I'm not feeling the gooey...

I prefer cakey. Fudgy is OK. Uncooked is a no go.

Same here. That's the problem with a lot of fudgy stuff. I keep putting it back in the oven for another few minutes, or else it ends up with a bunch of little holes in it from where I stuck it with the thermometer thingie.

My family has figured out that I am a lunatic.

Same here. That's the problem with a lot of fudgy stuff. I keep putting it back in the oven for another few minutes, or else it ends up with a bunch of little holes in it from where I stuck it with the thermometer thingie.

My family has figured out that I am a lunatic.

At What temperature are brownies done? Do you have a system?

Like:

Rare: gooey, liquid, cold center

Medium: some goo, no liquid, warm center

Well: no goo, make sure your (tooth) fillings are stable because this is hard as a rock!

At What temperature are brownies done? Do you have a system?

Like:

Rare: gooey, liquid, cold center

Medium: some goo, no liquid, warm center

Well: no goo, make sure your (tooth) fillings are stable because this is hard as a rock!

Medium Rare!

So what did you bake?