Menu

Ok..now that's a bit over the top..

I know someone with this book. And a baby. Well, to be fair, he's a toddler now. It's clear they read it to him. They're not ironic people, so I can't decide how seriously they take it.

That is just cray cray. What will we have next - war and peace for toddlers?

http://www.amazon.com/Cozy-Classics-Peace-Jack-Wang/dp/1927018226/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1418348879&sr=8-1&keywords=war+and+peace+board+book

There's another one I've seen too. I just couldn't find it quickly.

ETA: Oh, I was thinking of the Baby Lit books, but apparently they don't have War and Peace. They do have Wuthering Heights though:

http://www.amazon.com/Wuthering-Heights-BabyLit%C2%AE-Weather-Primer/dp/1423631730/ref=pd_sim_b_4?ie=UTF8&refRID=18J8XPSQ5R1K7H1TFRXF

Oh, and I just saw, they have Anna Karenina, which is better than War and Peace anyway!

http://www.amazon.com/Anna-Karenina-BabyLit%C2%AE-Fashion-Primer/dp/1423634837/ref=pd_sim_b_4?ie=UTF8&refRID=1SNZZT85KWNWRZX9867Y

http://www.amazon.com/Cozy-Classics-Peace-Jack-Wang/dp/1927018226/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1418348879&sr=8-1&keywords=war+and+peace+board+book

There's another one I've seen too. I just couldn't find it quickly.

ETA: Oh, I was thinking of the Baby Lit books, but apparently they don't have War and Peace. They do have Wuthering Heights though:

http://www.amazon.com/Wuthering-Heights-BabyLit%C2%AE-Weather-Primer/dp/1423631730/ref=pd_sim_b_4?ie=UTF8&refRID=18J8XPSQ5R1K7H1TFRXF

Oh, and I just saw, they have Anna Karenina, which is better than War and Peace anyway!

http://www.amazon.com/Anna-Karenina-BabyLit%C2%AE-Fashion-Primer/dp/1423634837/ref=pd_sim_b_4?ie=UTF8&refRID=1SNZZT85KWNWRZX9867Y

Cozy Classics?!  Yeah nothing "cozier" than War and Peace. 

The calculus one and the Baby Lit ones are definitely meant to be read to actual children. I'm less sure about the html one, but I've never seen it. Regardless, there is definitely an element of coffee table hipster/geek/academic parent to them as well.

But I think everyone ends up with a book in that vein these days. We had a book called Urban Babies Wear Black that someone gave us that cracked dh and I up. But we also actually read it to the children.

I have the calculus one. ;)  It's cute.  It's not actually going to teach your kid calculus, though.  It kind of assumes a knowledge of function notation.  I just pulled it out and read it to my kids, and my oldest was a little interested in the way the different graphs looked, but she didn't really get it.  Oh, she did really like the word "parabola." :)  My 3yo just turned back to the beginning where it has various words that start with a, b, c, d, and e, because that's the most interesting part to her.

Okay. So I am just going to admit it. I have this one and a couple of others like The Pythagorean Thereom for Babies and Non-Euclidean Geometry for babies by Fred Carlson. And can I just say they are ADORABLE:)

I don't know about for babies, but when dd was about 3 and her passion for math becoming evident even then, she carted these around. The Pythagorean Thereom book uses alphabet blocks to demonstrate first the length of a 3-4-5 triangle, then area. Super effective and very cute, lol.

I think it was kind of a joke to get them at first, but dd loved them and they work:)

The calculus one and the Baby Lit ones are definitely meant to be read to actual children. I'm less sure about the html one, but I've never seen it. Regardless, there is definitely an element of coffee table hipster/geek/academic parent to them as well.

But I think everyone ends up with a book in that vein these days. We had a book called Urban Babies Wear Black that someone gave us that cracked dh and I up. But we also actually read it to the children.

Truth be told I probably would have bought this book.  LOL

I did buy the Baby Einstein crap.  Not because I was attempting to turn out an Einstein, but because it seemed like a fun product for little kids.  And it was.  And I would have bought the books because they would have done double duty.  They would appeal to me and probably my kids.

Sure beats Sailor Dog who has a hook for his hat and a hook for his pants, and a hook for his shirt, and a hook for his spyglass, and I want to strangle him with his hook.

Truth be told I probably would have bought this book. LOL

I did buy the Baby Einstein crap. Not because I was attempting to turn out an Einstein, but because it seemed like a fun product for little kids. And it was. And I would have bought the books because they would have done double duty. They would appeal to me and probably my kids.

Sure beats Sailor Dog who has a hook for his hat and a hook for his pants, and a hook for his shirt, and a hook for his spyglass, and I want to strangle him with his hook.

And a place under his bunk for his shoes. :)

I like the books. For infants 0-12? Probably not. But I have found that people even call their 4 year olds babies these days. I think the math books would be cute for toddlers.

Do people call their 4 yos "babies"? That's odd to me. When my kids got past about 3, I wore it like a badge of pride that I had survived the baby stage. I made it. And don't you dare call my 3.5 yo a baby! Ha. Maybe if I had another one now, I would call him a baby forever.

Do people call their 4 yos "babies"? That's odd to me. When my kids got past about 3, I wore it like a badge of pride that I had survived the baby stage. I made it. And don't you dare call my 3.5 yo a baby! Ha. Maybe if I had another one now, I would call him a baby forever.

Oh yes indeed! My son just turned 5 the other day. I was part of an online community of about 200 women when I was pregnant with my son. I have become good friends with many of the mothers as our kids have grow up. You have no idea how many times I have read on Facebook this month about how their children are no longer babies, they are little kids now.

My son will always be my baby. But I haven't considered him a baby since he was 1. He was a toddler then. I have another friend that insists her 4.5 year old is called a toddler until he starts Kindergarten. So it is odd to me. But to each their own.

I don't/didn't and don't recall anyone else who does either.