Menu

I only need ten more posts to trip 10,000....Tis the season to be jolly.

FaithManor

Balls of Fire???? Awesome!

When dh was a resident assistant, he sponsored "Wreck the Halls". He lined the hallways with white butcher block paper, cut the doors out, and then let the guys go nuts with colored markers. It was a unique look, some of it definitely Christmas themed, and others, well, pretty much just graffiti of not always an innocent nature.

Needless to say, his floor did not win the dorm Christmas decorating contest.

Our 4-H club once made flaming goo which we lit and shot across the yard much to their satisfaction! Magnesium is so much fun. :hurray: :hurray: :hurray:

Lack of talking about incendiary material will not deter this particular group of young enthusiasts. My job is just to keep the safety features in place so no one reports on the national news that we burned some 4-Hers to the ground! :biggrinjester:

Don't give up now, Faith... you are almost there!

Deck the Halls is such an odd song to me.  But then again, I've never lived anywhere with Holly or seen halls decked with it (isn't it sharp and pointy?)  And I can never remember the words, so end up mumbling until we get to the Fa-La-La part.

Don't give up now, Faith... you are almost there!

Deck the Halls is such an odd song to me.  But then again, I've never lived anywhere with Holly or seen halls decked with it (isn't it sharp and pointy?)  And I can never remember the words, so end up mumbling until we get to the Fa-La-La part.

I have holly in one of my hedges - it's sharp but lovely & shiny green all year. Plus unfriendly hedges make good neighbours...

Yes, I do carry the "Chairwoman of the Happy Trampy Mommy Club" moniker. I think I will refrain from using that as my official title however, just in case newbies see it and get really scared. Better to let them get to know me a bit better first, and then get scared for legitimate, good reason! ;) :D

Our 4-H club once made flaming goo which we lit and shot across the yard much to their satisfaction! Magnesium is so much fun. :hurray: :hurray: :hurray:

Lack of talking about incendiary material will not deter this particular group of young enthusiasts. My job is just to keep the safety features in place so no one reports on the national news that we burned some 4-Hers to the ground! :biggrinjester:

Ummmm, instructions please?  Seriously though, now looking for "flaming goo using magnesium". 

This is what we did. We let the kids make organic batteries with a variety of acids to see which acids produced the most power. Vinegar, lemon juice, Pepsi, coffee, etc. Magnesium strips were used as part of the project. One team mixed together several ingredients, shaved the magnesium into a pile of bits of and bble, then stirred it all together. It congealed into a nice gooey mess. Dh announced, "This should be flammable", took the kids outside, put them behind a line 25 feet from a paper plate, donned his lab coat, leather gloves, and safety glasses, lit a match and held it to one of the little globs. The result was most satisfying! I stood just to the side of the launch pad with the garden hose because whenever dh has matches, it is wise to be prepared.

Then again, I have been known to drop a few grains of pure sodium into my reactor bowl filled with water just for the very satisfactory, albeit small, explosion, and I am building a trebuchet that will launch an ounce of the stuff into a wading pool which should give me enough "kaboom" to rattle the Windows of the church from 200 ft away, shoot water 10' into the air, and probably break the side out of the wading pool.

So I am no Angel!!!

Well, and then I am going to oil slick another wading pool of water and set it ablaze as part of a demonstration on "The Science of Medieval Warfare"...my version of Greek fire since the recipe has never been found.

Another good reason to take the name "Empress of the Flaming Bees".

I will ask dh if he can remember the approximate measurements of the flaming goo so that no one burns down their child.

Ummmm, instructions please? Seriously though, now looking for "flaming goo using magnesium".

This is what we did. We let the kids make organic batteries with a variety of acids to see which acids produced the most power. Vinegar, lemon juice, Pepsi, coffee, etc. Magnesium strips were used as part of the project. One team mixed together several ingredients, shaved the magnesium into a pile of bits d rubble, then stirred it all to be together. It concealed Ingo a nice gooey mess. Dh announced, "This sho ugh of be flammable" took the kids outside, put them behind a line 25 feet from paper plate, donned his lab coat, leather gloves, and safety glasses,it a match and held it to one of'the little globs. The result was most satisfying! I stood just to the side of the launch pad with the garden hose because whenever dh has matches, it is wise to be prepared.

Then again, I have been known to drop a few grains of pure sodium into my reactor bowl filled with water just for the very satisfactory, albeit small, explosion, and I am building a trenches that will launch an ounce of the stuff into a wading pool which should give me enough "kaboom" to rattle the Windows of the church from 200 ft away, shoot water 10' into the air, and probably bust the side out of the wading pool.

So I am.no Angel!!!!!

Well, and then I am going to oil slick another wading pool of water and set it ablaze as part of a demonstration on "The Science of Medieval Warfare"...my version of Greek fire since the recipe has never been found.

Another good reason to take the name "Empress of the Flaming Bees".

I will ask dh if he can remember the approximate measurements of the flaming goo so that no one burns down their child.