Menu

My turn - Would you eat this: eggs....

Um_2_4

Eggs: Eat or toss??  

47 members have voted

1. 1. What to do with the eggs left out overnight?

• Eat
    • Toss
    • Other

So last night I boiled some hard boiled eggs, rinsed them and placed in a metal mixing bowl full of cold water. Then forgot and left it sitting on the counter in front of an opened window(pretty cool here last night). It was still cold to the touch (probably colder than when I went to bed).

They smell fine. Google results are mixed....

So eat or toss????

Definitely eat. I believe the custom of boiled Easter eggs evolved partly so the eggs wouldn't spoil during lent. Anyway, here in Europe UNCOOKED eggs are sold unrefridgerated in stores and are kept like this for over a week. I realize eggs are somehow processed in the US so spoil easier but hard-boiled eggs kept comparatively cool for one night should definitely be okay.

Definitely eat. I believe the custom of boiled Easter eggs evolved partly so the eggs wouldn't spoil during lent. Anyway, here in Europe UNCOOKED eggs are sold unrefridgerated in stores and are kept like this for over a week. I realize eggs are somehow processed in the US so spoil easier but hard-boiled eggs kept comparatively cool for one night should definitely be okay.

Uncooked eggs last longer than hardboiled ones. I'd eat raw eggs that had sat out in a cool house, no problem. Wouldn't necessarily eat hard-boiled ones, though.