Menu

Tub Cleaner Recommendations Needed

Ethel Mertz

Do you mean like something you just spray on and rinse off? I tried looking for something like that and none of the products I tried worked. The best thing I found is using Fume Free Easy Off to clean the built up dirt, but even with that, I'm having to use a scrub brush. I just no longer have to apply much pressure.

I have a scrub brush that is intended for the kitchen, I put dish soap and vinegar in the handle and scrub everytime a take a shower. I have a shower stall so I do have to bend to reach the floor and the lower walls. Doing it daily keeps it pretty clean though. My kids have a small tub and I can sit on the edge and clean the tub fairly easily with that tool though.

I mix about 3 parts vinegar to 1 part dawn and spray it on the tub or shower, let it soak for about a half hour and rinse it off. No scrubbing.

I've done this too, but I've found that I have to leave it on for several hours to remove the deposits and stuff the water leaves behind.

I've thought about trying this for our shower.  Does it prevent mineral deposits and iron stains?  Ours are horrible.  I have a great product that gets them off, but the FUMES.  A preventative would be much better.