Menu

Famous Dave's Bar-b-que

Luanne

Does anyone else have one of these near them?  We just got home from eating there (my mother, my sister, my daughter, and myself).  It was where we went to do our version of celebrating Father's Day.    Boy, do they have good food.  YUMMY!!! :D

I do not eat there. I prefer to eat at locally owned establishments that have a sauce that has scored a perfect score at a major regional BBQ competition. Said competition is known world wide and sets the bar for BBQ in the region and beyond. Eating anything with tomato in it causes me extreme pain for several days afterwards, including not being able to sleep through the night. If I am going to go through that it had better be worth every bite.

I usually end up buying a mustard based BBQ sauce and making BBQ at home. 

Does anyone else have one of these near them? We just got home from eating there (my mother, my sister, my daughter, and myself). It was where we went to do our version of celebrating Father's Day. Boy, do they have good food. YUMMY!!! :D

I've never been but I just looked at their menu. My mouth is watering.

:grouphug: I'll be thinking of you on your first Father's Day without your dad.

MMM they have good food. Too bad gluten makes me sick now - I miss Famous Dave's!!!!  Eat some of their ribs for me. Better yet - get the whole garbage can lid and have a little of everything!

They now have a gluten free menu!  We have life threatening allergies, including one to wheat, so we can't have even trace amounts of our allergens.  I've emailed Dave himself about this (and one of his kids have LFTAs, can you believe it?) ... We've never had a problem at Famous Dave's.

When you go, ideally call ahead and speak to a manager.  If you don't do that, tell them as soon as you get there.  They will wipe down your table with a clean rag, bring you an allergy menu, and tell you what's safe.  Our restaurant has a manager prepare the food.  Don't use the sauce on the table or in the jars that they refill - ask for packets.  You'll have a limited choice of gluten free sauce, but it's still good.  

We don't eat out often, but Famous Dave's is one of our only "safe" choices.  We have a few local restaurants who know us, and other than that we have Red Robin, whose allergy practices are good.  

We enjoy the one by our house too.  I like to get the kids meal to go for me :0).  I get the baked chicken and ask for a breast piece, they serve it with a side and sometimes I get a cookie/sometimes I get a corn muffin (depends on the cook I guess).  It is about $5 and is a decent lunch for me instead of fast food.

The kids and I have gone a few times and just shared a platter on the appetizer menu that is about $16.  It easily feeds 2 or 3 of us and even with a couple of drinks is still under $25.  It can be hard to feed 2 people for that price.