Menu

If you are considering voting Third Party:

If you are Considering voting Third Party, who are you considering?  

1. 1. If you are Considering voting Third Party, who are you considering?

• writing in Ron Paul
    • writing in Ralph Nader
    • writing in another independent [like, but not limited to, Alan Keyes or Mike Gravel]
    • Constitution Party -- Chuck Baldwin
    • Libertarian Party -- Bob Barr
    • Green Party -- Cynthia McKinney
    • voting for another party not listed in this poll

I voted here for Ron Paul, and would certainly do the same in November! But I have a vague recollection- and I didn't save the e-mail, drat!- of him saying something when he dropped out of the race about not wanting a write-in vote. Still, if every Ron Paul supporter out there *would* write in.......

I do wish I were still living in Minneapolis! I would love to attend RP's rally!

-Robin

It surprises me, too, that people think he's wacko. Gosh, reading his issues page thoroughly (when it was up) ... there was no one more clear and more basic and more constitutional in the running. He could appeal to both conservatives and liberals alike.

Cheri, are you in Minneapolis NOW???? My goodness girl, the Ron Paul event of your lifetime is about to go down. I wouldn't miss it if I were you! And for anyone else around the country who would be able to go, I bet there's a RONVOY near you! :)

If nothing else, I hope all Ron Paul fans have joined the Campaign For Liberty -- they're 15,000 away from their goal of 100,000 members by the convention.

If you haven't seen the best Ron Paul related youtube video out there, give 8 minutes of your life and watch it. Oh. my. goodness. This one is set to Don Maclean's The Day The Music Died. I cry every time.

I guess I'm *still* campaigning, lol ....

I voted here for Ron Paul, and would certainly do the same in November! But I have a vague recollection- and I didn't save the e-mail, drat!- of him saying something when he dropped out of the race about not wanting a write-in vote. Still, if every Ron Paul supporter out there *would* write in.......

I do wish I were still living in Minneapolis! I would love to attend RP's rally!

-Robin

well, kind of:

Here is what Ron says: "I don’t think that’s very productive. Supporters can do it, of course, but in most of the states it won’t count. And if they can change the rules in a primary and not count all the votes, imagine what they could do with write-in votes!"

now if RP comes out ENDORSING anyone, I'll consider someone else :D

I have voted 3rd party in the past, but this year, none of the candidates quite do it for me. Both Bob Barr and Ron Paul have positions that I support, and both have positions that I find absolutely unacceptable.

None of the major party candidates do it for me, either.

This is just one crappy, crappy election. Bleh.

• 1 month later...
well, kind of:

Here is what Ron says: "I don’t think that’s very productive. Supporters can do it, of course, but in most of the states it won’t count. And if they can change the rules in a primary and not count all the votes, imagine what they could do with write-in votes!"

Naturally, I put Ron Paul, but I don't think I'm going to write in a vote unless I know it won't be thrown out. I don't like McCain or Obama, but I did get a sheet today comparing their stances on some important issues that helped me form more of an opinion. Butt, honestly, I think they're both bad news.

As for the posters mentioning about RP being considered wacko, I think that stems in part from the media.

As for the posters mentioning about RP being considered wacko, I think that stems in part from the media.

:iagree:

Every interview I've seen shows me that he is a brilliant and deliberate thinker. He focuses on ideas, not sound bites. Perhaps that's why he was so marginalized... :glare:

Guest Virginia Dawn

Uh, Peek, Ron Paul endorsed Chuck Baldwin yesterday. :001_smile:

Unfortunately, in my state he will be a throw away vote but the only other person I could possibly consider is Nader and I have not research him enough to know if that is possible yet. I have voted in every election I have been elgible to vote in and this is the worse year yet. I have actually considered sitting this one out.

Unfortunately, in my state he will be a throw away vote but the only other person I could possibly consider is Nader and I have not research him enough to know if that is possible yet. I have voted in every election I have been elgible to vote in and this is the worse year yet. I have actually considered sitting this one out.

just fyi --you can check here to see who all is available in your state.

http://www.thegreenpapers.com/G08/President-Details.phtml

notice we have SEVEN "viable" candidates this year --SEVEN candidates that have sufficient ballot access to 270 electoral votes. Very Cool :)

notice we have SEVEN "viable" candidates this year --SEVEN candidates that have sufficient ballot access to 270 electoral votes. Very Cool :)

Thanks for that link - I noticed that Ron Paul will be on the ballot in Louisiana under the Louisiana Taxpayers Party. I still have to decide what to do though since obviously he can only get, at most, 12 electoral votes. I have never been so torn as to who to vote for in an election.

Thanks for that link - I noticed that Ron Paul will be on the ballot in Louisiana under the Louisiana Taxpayers Party. I still have to decide what to do though since obviously he can only get, at most, 12 electoral votes. I have never been so torn as to who to vote for in an election.

PPST!!

vote for the guy RP endorsed: Chuck Baldwin :D

So, MA has no write in candidates, but there is a list of parties, and if I were to vote for Chuck Baldwin, I could. Interesting. I'll have to check out his policies, now, of course. And decide if I vote for someone I like (if I like him) or not. This is such a liberal state that it hardly seems to matter who you vote for if they're not Democrat most of the time. This is where the Kennedies live (or traditionally have lived.)

I am so bummed that there is not a third party candidate I want to vote for this time around.

I'm in the same boat. For the first time ever, I even considered leaving my ballot blank only for president. I'll be watching the debates to see if I'm persuaded to vote for one of the MCPs, but unless something changes I don't see it happening.

I remember watching the Republican debates and there wasn't a single man on the panel that showed the guts to make actual "change" other than Ron Paul. He vocalized his point of view loudly and proudly even though it was often in contrast to what the other candidates were saying. He didn't run his responses around in circles, but stated them plainly and clearly and with confidence.

He did stand out from the other candidates, which is why he didn't get the nomination - he's not your mainstream Republican. I would think he may have asked for his supporters not to write him in because this would take votes from the conservative candidate(?) and an Obama presidency will take us light years from a Ron Paul ideal. I'm quite conservative and was resolved to write Ron Paul in until Sarah Palin was chosen as the VP candidate. Now I'm weighing just how much influence she'd actually be allowed in a McCain presidency. Will they let her do in Washington what she's done in Alaska? She gives me a little bit of hope, but I'm not decided yet.

I don't think Ron Paul is electable yet. The nation's not ready for real change at this point. We may need to hit rock bottom first, but it looks like that's not too far away. Both the major party candidates will get us there, each in his own way.

I'm considering Chuck Baldwin. Ron Paul now supports him, I think.

But I live in the state of WA which is very liberal, and the thought that voting for a third party or doing a write in may just turn out to be nothing more than "supporting" Obama causes me to lean more towards voting for McCain, who I am not crazy about. I like Palin better than him.

There was a representative for the Campaign for Liberty who spoke at the Rock the Debate event yesterday on the Ole Miss campus before the debate. I taped it and posted the video on my blog if you are interested. You can find it here.

(You may want to take a Dramamine first, though. I had to move to a better spot early in the taping, so it's a little shaky. Sorry.)

I'll post other pictures from the Rock the Debate event later, if you're interested. (ETA: Okay, that's really bad grammar. I'm posting the photos no matter what. You can check them out if you're interested. :) )

Edited by Tutor
bad grammar

I would think he may have asked for his supporters not to write him in because this would take votes from the conservative candidate(?) and an Obama presidency will take us light years from a Ron Paul ideal.

Paul held a press conference earlier this month in which he specifically encouraged his supporters not to vote for McCain or Obama and to vote for the third-party candidate of their choice instead. He later said he will be voting for Chuck Baldwin. Personally, I think Paul is right where he needs to be and wish we had more Congressmen like him. At the rate the Campaign for Liberty is growing, there will be more like-minded individuals who share his philosophy running for local and state offices in the future.

Edited by WordGirl