Menu

Please pray for Little Lillian -- 7yrs old -- not responding to treatment

LisaKinVA

Lillian is one of a set of 7yr. old twins who, up until about a month ago, was living in Italy with her family.  She was medivaced out, and has been in DC Children's hospital at first, confounding doctors with a diagnosis (they knew she had Leukemia, but struggled for nearly 3 weeks to figure out what kind...a very rare form 

Initially, the chemo seemed to be working, however, now she is back on a vent, and her body is rejecting NG tubes and food,  The doctors are stumped, and the family is very stressed (as you can imagine)

This is just so hard...Tina was one of the first people who reached out to me when we arrived.  You can read more about Lillian at her CaringBridge page  http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/lillisjourney

Thank you all.

Lisa

@Lisa  I will include Lillian in my daily prayers. There are wonderful hospitals for children where she is and there are many wonderful doctors in the USA  and all the latest technology that exists. I hope they can help her.

Please continue praying.  She will be in the ICU for long-term recovery.  She had a form of trach put in (below her vocal cords), to reduce chances of infection, as well as a few other tests yesterday afternoon.

Please also pray especially for her father.  This type of Leukemia is partly genetic and partly environmental.  If you've followed some of my posts, you will recall the extraordinarily high cancer rates in this area due to illegal toxic waste dumping/burning.  Lillian's father is beating himself up for bringing the family here (which isn't helpful for anyone).  Flights back have been postponed...and Lillian's twin is engulfed in her own "will this happen to me" syndrome.  Much is internalized, family members try to reassure her as much as possible, but she is taking her twin sister's illness particularly hard.

Thank you.