Menu

strawberries

Mom-ninja.

This isn't freezable, but it is soooo delicious. 

Strawberry Salsa

1 carton strawberries, chopped

1 carton grape tomatoes, chopped,

1/4. cup cilantro, chopped

4 tbsp. olive oil

2 tbsp. balsamic vinegar (start there, add more to taste)

salt and pepper to taste

Combine all ingredients and refrigerate 1 hour.  Serve with tortilla chips. 

This is a summer staple at our house.  If strawberries are less than $2/carton, we have this at least once a week. 

My kids favorite is when I make strawberry lemonade concentrate, it is a canning recipe but I bet it would freeze well.  It is used just like juice concentrate from the grocery store. http://www.freshpreserving.com/recipe.aspx?r=245

I have and order of 16 lbs of strawberries arriving tomorrow (amongst my other produce items-love the produce co-op) and aside from jam this concentrate is on my list to make.  

Strawberry jam. Freezer jam is so simple if you haven't made it before, though you can use a lot less sugar making regular jam ( I use Pamonas Pectin for very low sugar).

Eta: duh, I didn't see in your original post that you are already going to make jam. Maybe I should drink my coffee before commenting! :)

My kids favorite is when I make strawberry lemonade concentrate, it is a canning recipe but I bet it would freeze well.  It is used just like juice concentrate from the grocery store. http://www.freshpreserving.com/recipe.aspx?r=245

I have and order of 16 lbs of strawberries arriving tomorrow (amongst my other produce items-love the produce co-op) and aside from jam this concentrate is on my list to make.  

That would make a great mixer for margaritas if you subbed lime juice for the lemon...  :drool5:   I may have to bookmark that for later!

And it doesn't contain onions!  YAY!!!

I'm going to try this.

Me too. But not with crappy California strawberries. Must wait. :)