Menu

Finding friends from long long ago on FB...

jenn-

Am I the only one that is paranoid that the other person won't remember you?  Is there a way to send a message with the friend request any more?  I've had to send the friend request and then immediately send a message explaining who I was.  I should really figure out how to change my FB name to include my maiden name.

Yes, but I stopped after it started becoming depressing.  I was a bit of a partier in jr/sr high school.  Many of my friends just haven't really ever grown out of it and never really had a decent life.  

I found someone I hadn't seen for about 18 years on facebook, but I don't know how to go about getting in contact with her.  I don't want a conversation on her facebook page.  How do I safely give her my email so nobody else gets it?  Sorry if this is a stupid question, but I'm fairly new to Facebook and don't want the world to know my business!  Thanks.

Sue, you should be able to private message her on FB. The downfall to that is that it may go into her "other" folder and she may never look there. Are you friends with any of the same people? If so, one of them could message her and it should go through.

I have a few high school/junior high friends. But I went to two junior highs. The first one was with people I was at school with from 3rd to 7th grade. I have not reconnected with any of them, though I would not mind. I just don't remember last names from that long ago! The friends from the second junior high/high school are all the same, as we all went to the same junior high, then high school.

Maybe I'm the only one, but I have absolutely no interest in reconnecting with people from my past.

If I'd wanted to stay in touch with them, I would have done that. If I didn't stay in touch, it's probably because I moved on and I didn't care anymore (and they probably didn't care, either.)

I know I must sound very mean, but it's not that I don't wish people well; it's just that I have neither the time nor the inclination to play catch-up with old friends from years ago.