Menu

Who's going to tackle Saturday with me?

Jean in Newcastle

I'm tackling with you, Jean. Well, sort of. I was headache free for three days (after having a headache since Jan 2), but I woke up with a headache again :(. I don't get it! So frustrated.

Anyway, plans for today:

-pray headache won't turn into a full blown migraine

-take dd10 to sport practice

-study Latin while there

-take dd7 to gymnastics practice

-library

-groceries

-laundry

-clean kitchen

-nap?

-evening walk with friend

-read a book

Habits:

-get enough steps (fitbit)

-vit D & multi & fish oil

-NO SUGAR......depends on headache

Here goes.........

Kids at music festival all day..........drive

Tile and wood floors cleaned

Everything straightened for open house tomorrow

Prepare meal to bring to homeschooling family with a recovering from surgery mom

Hair appt

Finish new message center/mission control wall in laundry room

Totally clean ds13's closet and lowest shelf in kitchen pantry.

Morning Girlies!

It's gonna be a busy day, but a good one.

** breakfast out with my BFF and then a quick stop at Trader Joes on my way home

** various and sundry housework and yardwork, haven't decided what yet, but I do for sure have to refill the hummingbird feeder

** work on children's church lessons

** dinner out tonight with dh (belated birthday dinner, since our sitter couldn't make it last night)

Tress, hope you get rid of that headache and feel better soon!

Have a good day!

I love Saturdays :)

--exercise, not sure what

--pick up dd from ballet at 1 (dh is driving here there now)

--visit with dd18's friends who will be here all afternoon

--plan school for next week?

--research trip insurance...

--read :D

--and then update Goodreads if I finish anything (I've been really good at keeping up so far this year!)

All before date night with dh--we're going to a tapas restaurant to share all kinds of goodies and a pitcher of sangria :party:

I'm in--

Done so far: 

•  vacuumed and cleaned the first floor
  • cooked breakfast/cleaned up and dishwasher is humming along
  • showered and dressed

To do:

• grade school work
  • lesson planning for all of February
  • make something low carb for dinner
  • honestly...survive today...I'm in a grumpy mood and I'm struggling to be positive and nice.  :glare:

Hope you all have a great Saturday!!

It took me an  hour and a half to get out of bed this morning.  It started about 4 am when I woke up extremely congested.  There is one last hold-out of infection (as far as I can feel) in my sinuses.  I think there was an all-out war on that area by the antibiotics.  I took a decongestant to try and let that area drain better.  Then I managed to get back to sleep.  When I woke up again at 7:30 am, it was like someone had been beating me with a sledgehammer.  I tried to get up and just could not find the energy.  I lay there, not asleep but not able to get up to face the day until after 9 am.  I think my already weak adrenals have taken a severe beating from being sick and on antibiotics for so long.  

I've managed to eat breakfast and to get dressed.  My son helped me to make my bed.  I'm not planning to move far from my armchair today.  I guess this means that Zumba is out. . . 

Tammy, from the positivity of your online presence and what you shared last month about practicing gratitude I bet your version of grumpy is pretty darn nice :D

Today is day 6 of very low carbs...I think I'm turning into a Shrek. :ohmy: On a good note..I've lost 9 lbs.  I'm just trying to deal with my bad little attitude and having a dark cloud over my head isn't helping.  Oh and I need some sunshine. 

Tress and Jean--I pray you both feel better! 

TammyinVA--praying for a positive mood!

Ds made his first basket of the season today! He was so excited even though his team lost by 20 points.  Dh has to go back to his high school to help with taking tickets for basketball games. Why couldn't they have him do it on a week night? We live 100 miles away! Oh, well.  

My washing machine won't agitate or spin this morning. How can I complain, though, since we've had it for 22+ years without a problem at all? The question is, do we try to repair it or just buy another?  I refuse to buy an expensive one with lots of bells and whistles. That is only more to break down. Our model was the cheapest on the floor and lasted this long. 

breakfast

laundry (one load done, but I needed to do more and can't...see above)

basketball game

lunch

kids are doing some school today

work on project list I didn't get to last night

figure out where to wash some clothes

dinner

plan school for next week

make final plans for the book club meeting

study chemistry chapter for lab next week

If time, work on writing class lesson plan

Today is day 6 of very low carbs...I think I'm turning into a Shrek. :ohmy: On a good note..I've lost 9 lbs.  I'm just trying to deal with my bad little attitude and having a dark cloud over my head isn't helping.  Oh and I need some sunshine. 

I wondered when I saw 'low carb dinner' on your to do list whether that might have anything to do with your mood. Strong dietary changes can have that effect initially. A nine pound loss represents a lot of effort on your part both physical and emotional. Let the sun shine in...

It took me an  hour and a half to get out of bed this morning.  It started about 4 am when I woke up extremely congested.  There is one last hold-out of infection (as far as I can feel) in my sinuses.  I think there was an all-out war on that area by the antibiotics.  I took a decongestant to try and let that area drain better.  Then I managed to get back to sleep.  When I woke up again at 7:30 am, it was like someone had been beating me with a sledgehammer.  I tried to get up and just could not find the energy.  I lay there, not asleep but not able to get up to face the day until after 9 am.  I think my already weak adrenals have taken a severe beating from being sick and on antibiotics for so long.  

I've managed to eat breakfast and to get dressed.  My son helped me to make my bed.  I'm not planning to move far from my armchair today.  I guess this means that Zumba is out. . . 

Jean, big-hug.gif

I wondered when I saw 'low carb dinner' on your to do list whether that might have anything to do with your mood. Strong dietary changes can have that effect initially. A nine pound loss represents a lot of effort on your part both physical and emotional. Let the sun shine in...

sunshine.gif

Thank you!!!

Dd went to volunteering and back.

Dh cleaned the kitchen.

lt has been a pretty rough day for me but I managed to go to our grocery store and got stuff from the deli for dinner and for tomorrow.  A neighbor was very glad to see me there because she bought a cartload and then realized that she had walked down and had no way to transport her groceries up to her house.  I, of course, was glad to give her a ride home.

Several rounds of dishes got washed throughout the day--they accumulate as fast as they get washed :glare:

Appt. done and fun to boot

Recital attended, dc did great, everyone had fun

Dinner got decided on--roasted herbed chicken thighs with sea salt + kale sauteed with miso

I'm sorry to say that no laundry got done :leaving:  but hey the night is still young :lol:

Had a pretty busy day! Yummy breakfast with my BFF, then on to Trader Joes. Home for a bit. Grocery shopping, then date night with DH. Had a good dinner at Black Angus and managed not to fall too far off my low carb diet. Had filet mignon, green beans and a salad. The croutons and small piece of bread and butter were all I had that wasn't "allowed", but, it's my birthday.