Menu

Fantastic Korean TV series on Netflix- The Great Doctor

NoPlaceLikeHome

Oh my, I can't believe I found a thread about Korean TV shows on the WTM forum. I've got to resurrect it, LOL!

Not a TV show, but has anyone watched the movie "Werewolf (2012)" on Netflix? It's nothing like it sounds... but a bit similar to the old movie "Edward Scissorhands." Heartwarming yet sad... I just finished it with DH and enjoyed it a lot. If you have nothing else to watch and have 2 hours to kill, I recommend it to you. :) "Masquerade" is another Korean movie (historical faction) on Netflix I liked.

• Replies 293
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Uh yeah....one Korean drama is like a "gateway drug" to more....just saying....

Welcome to the dark side. ;)

and LOL.. Im watching LMH right now too: The Heirs

That is true, I have watched several.

My only problem is that I like to knit or crochet while watching shows, I can't do that while reading subtitles.

Oh my, I can't believe I found a thread about Korean TV shows on the WTM forum. I've got to resurrect it, LOL!

Not a TV show, but has anyone watched the movie "Werewolf (2012)" on Netflix? It's nothing like it sounds... but a bit similar to the old movie "Edward Scissorhands." Heartwarming yet sad... I just finished it with DH and enjoyed it a lot. If you have nothing else to watch and have 2 hours to kill, I recommend it to you. :) "Masquerade" is another Korean movie (historical faction) on Netflix I liked.

I've seen werewolf too. Very good.

I was just coming to post about the Drama I just finished! I have seen Lie to Me on Viki and DF, and numerous blogs had listed it as being a must see...but for some reason I always skipped over it. I finally decided to give it a try---LOVED IT! I totally binged watched it over about 3 days. It did kind of drag the last couple of episodes...but I was ok with it because that was just more time I could enjoy the lead. Kang Ji-hwan can ROCK a suit!

Now I am trying to decide what I am going to watch next. I always have a hard time settling on a new Kdrama after finishing one I *really liked. It is like I am afraid I won't find one that will be able to live up to the one I just watched. I think I have decided on either My Love From Another Star (heard good things about--but not sure I am going to like the female lead) or Emergency Couple (I liked the male lead in Heirs.). What to do, what to do...

We watched this last night. Some of us had tears in our eyes. Very good!

Secret Garden was a great one. It took me awhile to watch it, because I was not sure I would like the body switching theme, but I was so glad I gave it a chance. The emotional roller coaster at the end--not sure I have ever cried so much during a Kdrama, but it was so satisfying.

I'm a Korean so I might see these differently, but among the recent popular dramas, I strongly recommend "It's Okay That's Love", "Heirs" (Lee Min Ho), "My Love from Another Star", "I Hear Your Voice", "Nine Time Travels" (slow start but it gets better after episode 4), "The Master's Sun", "I Need Romance 2012" (my favorite), "School 2013" (if you're curious about Korean high schoolers' life), "Answer me 1997" & "Answer me 1994" (about the 90s culture) and "The God's Gift: 14 Days" (about a missing girl and her mom's struggle to save her from death). All of these are on Hulu. :)

I hate having to pick a new drama after finishing a really good one! My Love From Another Star is really good. I love the episode where she texts and calls the guy all night after he breaks up with her. The guy is so cerebral and the girl is such a spaz so it makes for hilarious scenes. The Master's Sun was really good too. Hong sister's for the win. :)

I was just coming to post about the Drama I just finished! I have seen Lie to Me on Viki and DF, and numerous blogs had listed it as being a must see...but for some reason I always skipped over it. I finally decided to give it a try---LOVED IT! I totally binged watched it over about 3 days. It did kind of drag the last couple of episodes...but I was ok with it because that was just more time I could enjoy the lead. Kang Ji-hwan can ROCK a suit!

Now I am trying to decide what I am going to watch next. I always have a hard time settling on a new Kdrama after finishing one I *really liked. It is like I am afraid I won't find one that will be able to live up to the one I just watched. I think I have decided on either My Love From Another Star (heard good things about--but not sure I am going to like the female lead) or Emergency Couple (I liked the male lead in Heirs.). What to do, what to do...

Another vote for My Love From Another Star. :)

And if you liked Kang Ji Hwan, you might also like his other dramas: Capital Standal, Hong Gil Dong and the most recent Big Man. They are all good.

ETA: Forgot to mention "Incarnation of Money."

You know it is bad when you start picking on understanding Korean from watching their shows :tongue_smilie:

Some of my favorites are:

The Master's Sun

Lie to Me

Rooftop Prince

Korean version of Fated to Love You

It's OK, That's Love

Scent of a Woman

City Hall

Thank You

The Vineyard Man

Personal Taste

Heirs

Emergency Couple

City Hunter

Playful Kiss

Sly and Single Again

Secret Garden

Greatest Love

My Princess

Coffee Prince

Shining Inheritance

My Lovely Sam Soon

My Girlfriend is a Nine-tailed Fox

Good Doctor

9 End 2 Outs

Take Care of the Young Lady

I'm Sorry, I Love You

Cain and Abel

Coffee House

Baby Faced Beauty

Incarnation of Money

and the list goes on. Aigoo!!!

I'm a Korean so I might see these differently, but among the recent popular dramas, I strongly recommend "It's Okay That's Love", "Heirs" (Lee Min Ho), "My Love from Another Star", "I Hear Your Voice", "Nine Time Travels" (slow start but it gets better after episode 4), "The Master's Sun", "I Need Romance 2012" (my favorite), "School 2013" (if you're curious about Korean high schoolers' life), "Answer me 1997" & "Answer me 1994" (about the 90s culture) and "The God's Gift: 14 Days" (about a missing girl and her mom's struggle to save her from death). All of these are on Hulu. :)

Viki.com and dramafever.com have tons of shows on them for free with commercials.

Because of this thread I decided to try one of these shows. I've spent the past few days binge watching Secret Garden. I couldn't stop watching it! Now off to find another one!  :D

Secret Garden was my gateway show!!  LOVED IT!!!

Most recently, I've finished Doctor Stranger - love Lee Jong Suk (pictures in case anyone isn't sure who it is lol!), not so much in SG but in the 3 I've seen him lead in - School 2013 (SO GOOD), I Hear Your Voice (Again, SO GOOD), and this one.  I didn't love the ending though.  :banghead:

I'm also watching 'It's Okay That's Love' and it's REALLY good, too.  

Other than that... I watched 'Monstar' and didn't love it.  I usually like things that are music-related, but this one fell short.  :/  I finished 'You Are All Surrounded' and liked it a lot.  Finally got around to watching 'Rooftop Prince' and loved it.  :)   I can't remember if I had watched 'Angel Eyes' when I first posted, but it was meh.  Sort of felt pointless in the end.  

I'm in the middle of 'My Girlfriend is a Nine Tailed Fox' and I like it so far.  She cracks me up.  

You know it is bad when you start picking on understanding Korean from watching their shows :tongue_smilie:

Some of my favorites are:

The Master's Sun

Lie to Me

Rooftop Prince

Korean version of Fated to Love You

It's OK, That's Love

Scent of a Woman

City Hall

Thank You

The Vineyard Man

Personal Taste

Heirs

Emergency Couple

City Hunter

Playful Kiss

Sly and Single Again

Secret Garden

Greatest Love

My Princess

Coffee Prince

Shining Inheritance

My Lovely Sam Soon

My Girlfriend is a Nine-tailed Fox

Good Doctor

9 End 2 Outs

Take Care of the Young Lady

I'm Sorry, I Love You

Cain and Abel

Coffee House

Baby Faced Beauty

Incarnation of Money

and the list goes on. Aigoo!!!

That is indeed a long list, Aigoo!! LOL  :p

Romantic comedy sounds like your kind of stuff. How about Gentleman's Dignity, You're Beautiful, Can We Get Married?, Flower Boy Next Door, Prosecutor Princess, Boys Before Flowers and Queen & I? Have you seen any of these? You've got to watch Queen & I (ì¸í˜„ì™•í›„ì˜ ë‚¨ìž)!!!

Playful Kiss and To The Beautiful You were meh to me. I preferred the original japanese versions of these.

I think DramaFever is what Hulu has for Korean shows. It's so nice it's becoming easier to find them with English subtitles for free these days... Back in the old days, I had to pause every minute and translate every word for my American DH, lol.  :willy_nilly:

The only complaint I have is that every website has a different version of translated titles, so I have to look them up when I discuss here... since I know them by their Korean titles.  :confused:

Secret Garden was my gateway show!!  LOVED IT!!!

Most recently, I've finished Doctor Stranger - love Lee Jong Suk (pictures in case anyone isn't sure who it is lol!), not so much in SG but in the 3 I've seen him lead in - School 2013 (SO GOOD), I Hear Your Voice (Again, SO GOOD), and this one.  I didn't love the ending though.   :banghead:

Other than that... I watched 'Monstar' and didn't love it.  I usually like things that are music-related, but this one fell short.  :/  I finished 'You Are All Surrounded' and liked it a lot.  Finally got around to watching 'Rooftop Prince' and loved it.   :)   I can't remember if I had watched 'Angel Eyes' when I first posted, but it was meh.  Sort of felt pointless in the end.  

I'm in the middle of 'My Girlfriend is a Nine Tailed Fox' and I like it so far.  She cracks me up.  

Nah, I didn't care for Doctor Stranger, either. And "Angel Eyes".... not at all. I hate the crying, screaming, slapping the face, birth secrets, affairs, melodrama parts of the Korean shows and usually prefer romantic comedy or mystery genre (even better if there's an eye candy, lol).

If you like a music-related theme, you should check out "Shut Up Flower Boy Band (닥치고 꽃미남밴드)," which IMO was much better than Monstar.

I'm in the middle of 'My Girlfriend is a Nine Tailed Fox' and I like it so far. She cracks me up.

I love her super fast life plan, lol! And I will never forget how to say meat in Korean after that drama. I like the scene where the kids say, "Daddy, buy meat!" over and over.

I don't think I've seen Flower Boy Next Door mentioned. It has Park Shin Hye and my favorite way for the couple to meet. I won't give it away, but it is hysterical!

I love her super fast life plan, lol! And I will never forget how to say meat in Korean after that drama. I like the scene where the kids say, "Daddy, buy meat!" over and over.

I don't think I've seen Flower Boy Next Door mentioned. It has Park Shin Hye and my favorite way for the couple to meet. I won't give it away, but it is hysterical!

LOL.   :smilielol5:

Yes, Flower Boy Next Door is one of the Flower Boy Trilogy with Flower Boy Ramen Shop and Shut Up Flower Boy Band, which I think is the best one.

I'm already married to a hot Latin man so the flower boys just make me laugh :) I love Kim Tan's pink fuzzy cardigan in Heirs, lol! I figure they must be really good actors if even I want the girl to fall in love with their character.

Moon, Google tells me that Korean culture is very conservative about what is acceptable affection in public. Is that true?

I'm already married to a hot Latin man so the flower boys just make me laugh :) I love Kim Tan's pink fuzzy cardigan in Heirs, lol! I figure they must be really good actors if even I want the girl to fall in love with their character.

Moon, Google tells me that Korean culture is very conservative about what is acceptable affection in public. Is that true?

I agree about the flower boys pretty much but there are several like So Ji Sub who are quite manly.

Here is Choi Jin Hyuk:

My DH is nothing like a flower boy, either. He's a masculine Caucasian guy. So I watch these dramas, LOL.  :D And he can't stand flower boys. He calls them all gay, haha.

Yes, the Korean culture, while it's rapidly getting westernized, is still deeply grounded in a Confucian tradition and the "group" mentality (versus the "individual culture" in the Western countries). East Asians tend to care more about what others think and often frown upon public display of affection. A couple holding hands are fine, but anything more than that will draw a public attention, get stared or might even get scolded by some older people. 

More than a half of the South Korean population live in the metropolitan areas like Seoul and Pusan, which are similarly crowded as Manhattan, LA or Tokyo. A majority of the population live in residential skyscrapers and the traffic jam and parking are the biggest pain. So, as soon as you walk out of the door, you're always surrounded by the crowd and there is very LITTLE privacy.

So where do young couples (who don't have their own apartment yet) show their affection (cuddling or light kissing) to each other? That's why there are so many different kinds of "rooms (Bang)" everywhere, such as Karaoke rooms, DVD rooms, PC rooms, Soju (bar) rooms, board game rooms, comic book rooms... you name it. ;)

Secret Garden was my gateway show!! LOVED IT!!!

Most recently, I've finished Doctor Stranger - love Lee Jong Suk (pictures in case anyone isn't sure who it is lol!), not so much in SG but in the 3 I've seen him lead in - School 2013 (SO GOOD), I Hear Your Voice (Again, SO GOOD), and this one. I didn't love the ending though. :banghead:

Other than that... I watched 'Monstar' and didn't love it. I usually like things that are music-related, but this one fell short. :/ I finished 'You Are All Surrounded' and liked it a lot. Finally got around to watching 'Rooftop Prince' and loved it. :) I can't remember if I had watched 'Angel Eyes' when I first posted, but it was meh. Sort of felt pointless in the end.

I'm in the middle of 'My Girlfriend is a Nine Tailed Fox' and I like it so far. She cracks me up.

Angel Eyes is a melodrama. The genre is different so the ending doesn't have that satisfactory feel to it. Koreans love tragedy and suffering!

Angel Eyes is a melodrama. The genre is different so the ending doesn't have that satisfactory feel to it. Koreans love tragedy and suffering!

The first drama I watched was Queen Seonduk which was epic in every way.  Unfortunately, that included an epically tragic ending!  Then I watched Bad Guy.  Ooh, I hate those writers.  They made me think it was all going to be resolved happily and then they killed the guy in the last 5 minutes.  I will never forgive them, lol!

Ah, you've stumbled across my secret way to relax alone when the kids are in bed and I'm destressing from a long day as a SAHM and college student ;)

My recommendations:

My Girlfriend is a Gumiho

Master's Sun

Best Love/ Greatest Love

Cunning Single Lady/ Sly and Single Again
My Girl

Marriage Not Dating/ Marriage Without Love

Fated to Love you (Korean version, currently running. The TW version was a trainwreck IMO)

Arang and the Magistrate

Miss Korea
My Love From Another Star
Sungkyunwan Scandal (I'm sure I misspelled that ;) )

Bride of the Century
City Hunter
Queen In Hyun's Man
Protect the Boss

Scent of a Woman
Nice Guy
Ice Adonis (So long but finally a drama where the second lead actually gets some pay back for her insane actions. The main heroine here is currently the crazy second lead in a show called Jang Bo Ri is Here and must've learned well on how to come off as so horrid people are rooting for the show to end with your character's demise)
Answer Me 1997
Delightful Girl Choon Hyang
Prosecutor Princess
City Hall
Queen of Reversals (she actually completely breaks the drama rules with the ending)
Surplus Princess/ The Mermaid just started but looks promising.

No, he's not.  Jang Hyuk is his stage name and he was born in Busan.  (I just love the boys from
Busan.)  His real name is Jung Yong Jun.  Choi Jin Hyuk goes by his real name and I don't think he's from Busan if I remember right when reading his interviews. 

And Jang Hyuk who is the older brother of Choi Jin Hyuk!

Edited by Closeacademy is me
Photo removed

OK.  I am a drama addict. 

Someone was wondering about more of Woo Bin's shows:

White Christmas is my favorite of his roles.  It is an 8 episode psychological thriller set in an academically advanced high school that is run like a prison. 

A Gentleman's Dignity and  To the Beautiful You (based on the manga "Hana Kimi") are both good roles for him.

School 2013 is where he really shines and the bromance is epic.

For movies, he did an awesome job in "Friend:  the Legend."  But it is a pretty bloody gangster film and the sequel to a pretty epic movie that is not appropriate for children.

His upcoming movies "The Professional" and "Twenty" look good and I can't wait to see them.

I personally use Mydramalist.com to keep track of my current dramas and what I have watched.  I've watched over 70 dramas and 42 movies since I discovered these.  Currently I am watching 7 currently airing shows.  For newer shows I've loved:

High School King of Savvy--not for everyone.

Marriage not Dating--again not for kids because it's all about relationships.

Fated to Love You--a remake of a drama from Taiwan and may have some triggers

High School, Love on--very cute, appropriate for younger audiences and since the lead girl is only 14 and the lead actors are in their early 20s (from the group Infinite), we probably won't get more than a hug.

I'm also watching King 2 Hearts which is a really good one.  But older and staring Lee Seung Gi who is also in Gu Family Book and My Girlfriend is a Gumiho.

My top dramas of all time:

Cruel or Heartless City--Jung Kyung Ho is awesome in it but it is not for children.  It deals with undercover cops and gangsters and is a noir drama.

Swallow the Sun--Ji Sung at his best.  And kids could probably watch it but they may get bored since it deals with casinos.

Shut Up Flower Boy Band--kid friendly and I totally with Eye Candy was a real band.

Missing You--Eun Hye and YooChun do such a good job but it is full of triggers.  The younger cast did a great job with some really nasty scenes.  This one made me cry so much.

Secret Love--Again Ji Sung doing the bad boy thing so well and Hwang Jung Eum playing the poor pitiful victim so well (it's like all she does is go to prison in her dramas)  but not for kids.

I Hear Your Voice--So good.  Bo Young and Jung Suk do a great job but it is a bit of a darker one.

Gaksital or Bridal Mask is also an awesome one about the Japanese occupation.

I typed too much--Sorry.

On a side note... I loved the masters sun but didn't really find So Ji Sub all that cool until....

I found out he's a rapper.

Then he gained cool points. And I bought 2 of his new songs.

I love rap. And inevitably, my favorite band members are the rappers.

And of course, my ultimate bias is a rapper. And just about everything else possible in the music industry. Not an actor, though. :) (Gdragon. And I'm linking the whole stinking m/v to my favorite song lol....

http://www.pinterest.com/pin/434386326531510414/ )

Ok, I am going to have to try this out.  Was not really interested in branching out into KMovies, but the movie DramaFever has been promoting (Always) caught my eye.  I really enjoyed it...so I went on a Kmovie bing LOL

Always (DramaFever)~really good!  I thought they rushed the ending just a bit--but very typical Kdrama ending.

Petty Romance (Amazon Prime)~NOT SAFE FOR KIDS--at all!  Obviously far different standards in Kdrama and Movies.  This had Lee Sun-kyun (Miss Korea, Coffee Prince, Pasta)--I watched it because I love his voice.  The story was ok, but again I thought they rushed the story line at the end.  I almost turned it off because of some of the content :/

Romantic Island (Amazon Prime)~ Cute.  This also has Lee Sun-kyun.  Nothing too special about it, but It was a good way veg out and enjoy LSK :)

My Little Bride (Amazon Prime)~  Again, cute.  Some people may have issue with the 16 year old bride, but it was done well and respectful.  Very lighthearted.  

I know. It's always all about love!! I'm a Korean but I can't even stand it when they make it too melodramatic or mournful.

On a side note... I loved the masters sun but didn't really find So Ji Sub all that cool until....

I found out he's a rapper.

Then he gained cool points. And I bought 2 of his new songs.

I love rap. And inevitably, my favorite band members are the rappers.

And of course, my ultimate bias is a rapper. And just about everything else possible in the music industry. Not an actor, though. :) (Gdragon. And I'm linking the whole stinking m/v to my favorite song lol....

http://www.pinterest.com/pin/434386326531510414/ )

LOL. I like that song, too. :) I wonder what you thought about Psy's Hangover ft. Snoop Dog?

The only Korean show I've watched is My Princess (Netflix) and I still haven't finished it. I was enjoying it but got sidetracked with other shows. I'm going to have to finish it and give some of these others a try.

You picked the wrong one! Just drop it and try something else we've recommended. :) Kim Tae Hee might be one of the prettiest faces in Korea but she's not a good actress. Most of her shows didn't do well.

The first drama I watched was Queen Seonduk which was epic in every way.  Unfortunately, that included an epically tragic ending!  Then I watched Bad Guy.  Ooh, I hate those writers.  They made me think it was all going to be resolved happily and then they killed the guy in the last 5 minutes.  I will never forgive them, lol!

I agree Queen Seonduk was epic. That was my DH's first love for Kdrama. We recently watched Empress Ki but it was not as good as Queen Seonduk. If you like a historical show, you might like

. It's the biggest movie in Korea now and the main actor is the guy from the movie Old Boy. Think it's coming to the U.S. next month.

I hated Bad Guy, too. What a depressing story and weird ending. 

And Jang Hyuk who is the older brother of Choi Jin Hyuk!

They have no relation since Hyuk is not the last name. Korean full names start with the family name, so Jang and Choi are their last names in this case. But like PP said, both are their stage names. Jang Hyuk(from Busan)'s real name is Jung Yong Jun and Choi Jin Hyuk(from Mokpo)'s real name is Kim Tae Ho. :)

OK.  I am a drama addict. 

Someone was wondering about more of Woo Bin's shows:

White Christmas is my favorite of his roles.  It is an 8 episode psychological thriller set in an academically advanced high school that is run like a prison. 

A Gentleman's Dignity and  To the Beautiful You (based on the manga "Hana Kimi") are both good roles for him.

School 2013 is where he really shines and the bromance is epic.

For movies, he did an awesome job in "Friend:  the Legend."  But it is a pretty bloody gangster film and the sequel to a pretty epic movie that is not appropriate for children.

His upcoming movies "The Professional" and "Twenty" look good and I can't wait to see them.

I personally use Mydramalist.com to keep track of my current dramas and what I have watched.  I've watched over 70 dramas and 42 movies since I discovered these.  Currently I am watching 7 currently airing shows.  For newer shows I've loved:

High School King of Savvy--not for everyone.

Marriage not Dating--again not for kids because it's all about relationships.

Fated to Love You--a remake of a drama from Taiwan and may have some triggers

High School, Love on--very cute, appropriate for younger audiences and since the lead girl is only 14 and the lead actors are in their early 20s (from the group Infinite), we probably won't get more than a hug.

I'm also watching King 2 Hearts which is a really good one.  But older and staring Lee Seung Gi who is also in Gu Family Book and My Girlfriend is a Gumiho.

My top dramas of all time:

Cruel or Heartless City--Jung Kyung Ho is awesome in it but it is not for children.  It deals with undercover cops and gangsters and is a noir drama.

Swallow the Sun--Ji Sung at his best.  And kids could probably watch it but they may get bored since it deals with casinos.

Shut Up Flower Boy Band--kid friendly and I totally with Eye Candy was a real band.

Missing You--Eun Hye and YooChun do such a good job but it is full of triggers.  The younger cast did a great job with some really nasty scenes.  This one made me cry so much.

Secret Love--Again Ji Sung doing the bad boy thing so well and Hwang Jung Eum playing the poor pitiful victim so well (it's like all she does is go to prison in her dramas)  but not for kids.

I Hear Your Voice--So good.  Bo Young and Jung Suk do a great job but it is a bit of a darker one.

Gaksital or Bridal Mask is also an awesome one about the Japanese occupation.

I typed too much--Sorry.

I can't believe you mentioned White Christmas!!! This is one of the best Kdrama series I've seen, but couldn't find it on Hulu nor Netflix. Most actors and the actress are former models and this was their first drama. Many of them are all successful in acting now. 

Think you know about the recent shows more than I do. :)

I'm sorry for posting too many... this is my last one tonight. :)

Here are my K-movie recommendations. I just looked through the whole lists:

<Hulu> SpellBound (warning: ghosts), Sunny (80s comedy), Helpless (mystery, based on a Japanese novel), Secret (mystery), My Scary Girl (romantic comedy)

<Netflix> Oldboy, The Man from Nowhere (warning: cruelty), 200 Pounds Beauty (romantic comedy), A Werewolf Boy (a must-see!! warning: very sad), War of the Arrows (historical movie), New World (warning: gangs), My Girlfriend is an Agent (romantic comedy), Tidal Wave (Tsunami), Masquerade (a must-see historical), The Thieves (good but a rip-off of Ocean's Eleven, IMO), The Berlin File (political action), The Host (good monster movie), The Good The Bad The Weird (a must-see action), Welcome to Dongmakgol (historical human drama), Running Turtle (not bad, cop and criminal)

The rest movies on Hulu and Netflix are either not my taste or not worth watching.

Snowpiercer(2013) is another good recent movie but you need to rent it either on Amazon or iTunes. A bit philosophical.

HTH :)

You picked the wrong one! Just drop it and try something else we've recommended. :) Kim Tae Hee might be one of the prettiest faces in Korea but she's not a good actress. Most of her shows didn't do well.

Thanks, I'll give some of them a try.

I tend to lean towards police procedurals, crime dramas, and detective stories. Is there anything like that among the Korean shows available for U.S. viewers?

Thanks, I'll give some of them a try.

I tend to lean towards police procedurals, crime dramas, and detective stories. Is there anything like that among the Korean shows available for U.S. viewers?

Now a TV drama but, try the movie "New World" on Netflix. :)

ETA: TEN 2 and Sign are crime dramas and available on Hulu but I'm not sure if they're even comparable to the CSI series. I enjoyed both.