Menu

Happy Solstace!

La Texican

Happy solstice!!

We had a fun shindig planned but my significant other now has to rush out of town early tomorrow morning for a funeral of a family member and then back for Xmas eve and then we have plans to go outta town on Xmas day.

So a quiet evening with the kids before he leaves will be our solstice festivities.

Here's to the return of the sun!!

Happy Solstice! We turn on all the lights and make a lot of noise to encourage the sun to come back, culminating with lighting the tree. Then we decorate the tree. Lots of fun. Tonight I'll stay up to do a midnight ritual, and to put together DS's big gift. In the morning we'll eat cranberry muffins to welcome the sun back.

Happy Solstice! We're sitting around with the trees lit (one for Solstice, one for Christmas) watching "The Hogfather" and eating Chinese takeout, as is our tradition (the remainder of the tradition, watching "The Hebrew Hammer," comes after my daughter goes to bed---not quite ready for that one with her yet). Everyone was happy with their gifts, but we are a bit bummed that it's so unusually warm today (about 70F) we can't turn on the fire. Tomorrow there's going to be a Solstice service at church, and I'm never quite sure what the group who does it will put together. All I really know right now is that it involves my husband dressed in a bear costume dancing with children and singing "Good Day, Sunshine." :p