Menu

What books have your Christian teen girls been reading lately? (need Christmas ideas!)

HappyGrace

Dd14 LOVED Kisses for Katie-I'd love to find something along the same lines, but others are great too. She just read and loved all Corrie Ten Boom's books. I would also love to get some fiction for her if I could find something good! (ie-not lame Amish fiction) I personally like Francine Rivers fiction but most of it is too old for her topic-wise.

I'm just looking for fun reading for her-not devotionals, etc.

Thanks so much!

http://www.amazon.com/God-Knows-Size-Silvia-Tarniceriu/dp/1885270143/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1387033938&sr=8-1&keywords=god+knows+my+size

http://www.amazon.com/Elena-Strengthened-Through-Harvey-Yoder/dp/1885270291/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1387033938&sr=8-2&keywords=god+knows+my+size

These two books would be perfect for a teen. I love these two books.  They kind of go together as they are about two different people yet they both knew each other and worked together. 

I'm not certain about the book you mentioned. My 13yo said she loves Virals, Uglies, and Between Shades of Gray. She also really likes the Giver series.

I have read both the Giver series and Between Shades of Gray (I actually got to meet this author) and enjoyed both.

HTH

Linda

She isn't really very into contemporary fiction-that's why it's hard to find ideas for her!

Almost anything by Elizabeth Goudge.  They are hard to find but she was an wonderful author and wrote historical fiction.  "Green Dolphin Street" was my favorite by her.  My dd loved "The White Witch" (it's not about a witch).