Menu

Please recommend a coffee maker

rainbird2

I am looking for a great coffee maker for my husband for Christmas. I don't drink coffee, and I don't even know how to make it. In an effort to be a better wife, I am hoping to purchase a programmable coffee maker so I can make him coffee for his morning trek to work.

I don't mind spending a little change. I want something that will last and will brew a great cup of coffee. He's quite the coffee connoisseur. I also would like something that has the option to brew 1 cup up to 8 cups (for when we have guests).

Thanks for your help!

How much is a little change? Anything by Jura will rock his coffee world. Programmable, cleans itself (yep, love it), cup by cup deliciousness. Their refurbished models are just as good as new.

Then, for fun, add in a coffee subscription. Counter Culture roasts a good bean. Our favorite, though, is Camano Island Roasters. Organic, shade grown. The big deal about this us that they roast the beans the day before shipping. Mmmmmm.

Drinking mine right now.

Wow! Thanks for the recommendations, but now I'm really at a loss. :) This is good, though...

So, the Brewstation...is that just for one cup of coffee, or can it make a whole pot? If it's just for one cup, then it is out of the running. I need something that can make several cups for dinner guests.

Same question with the french press...can I make several pots?

The Bunn...are there any programmable ones? You see, being a good wife can only happen after 7:30 a.m. since I'm still up with a baby most nights. :) It would be nice to have something that's programmable.

I am definitely getting the coffee subscription and the kleen kanteen thermos! My husband will thank you all this Christmas!!!

Our French Press is 12 cups, although that is not the same as 12 mugs of coffee. :laugh:  It is very similar to this one, if not exactly the same. It is pretty and makes me happy. :001_smile: Once the first pot is poured off, a second can be made immediately. We use an electric tea kettle to boil the water. It doesn't have the advantage of being programmable though. If you are up with a baby at night, something programmable might be nice.