Menu

need a hug

gardenmom5

and for someone to pat me on the back and say 'there there it will be okay'.  thunk thunk thunk.

. . .

I am making my fruitcake. (even dudeling likes it)   it calls for 1oz of lemon extract.   I went to the basement to get three things and got distracted.  the item that didn't get retrieved (and wasn't there anyway) was lemon extract.  i *really* wasn't paying attention, and put 2T of peppermint flavor in my batter.   at least I hadn't added it to the fruit/nut mixture.   I figure I could experiment by adding chocolate chips and nuts instead (hey - chocolate comes from a bean . . . . ). . . . . but I've no idea how long to bake it.  I normally use a tube pan for 2 1/2 hours but I want my tube pan for the real fruit cake.  sigh.

Oh I'm so sorry! I don't know how many times I have used cinnamon instead of chili powder.

I've just double checked that I didn't use chili powder as a topping for muffins :)

To OP, there, there. It'll be okay. And if it isn't, you'll at least have a story!

:grouphug:

(((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((hugs))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

Don't tell anyone, but I love fruitcake too. I only made it one time because it is so.much.work.

Just use two loaf pans for the peppermint chocolate cake and bake it for an hour and it should be a delicious silver lining. You could probably use muffin tins for 20 minutes or layer cake pans for however long your favourite cookbook says to bake ordinary layer cakes for if you don't have loaf pans.

So glad you caught it in time to save the fruit and nut mixture! Yipes! That was a close one.

:grouphug: :grouphug: Sometimes mistakes turn out better than the original plan. I hope that turns out to be the case here.

"

Me too!  But I'm figuring there's a reason when I do a search for "Peppermint Fruit Cake" there are very few hits, and none of them recipes. :crying:

If it happened to me I'd need a hug too. My fruitcake recipe has 16 eggs!