Menu

Shower frequency for kids

mindygz

Ds6 showers 2-3 times a week. Maybe more often if it is really hot. I insist dd13 showers every day - it really did take a long time to get her to understand that at her age a daily shower was non-negotiable, so I think aged 11 would be a good time to start. Incidentally, I don't necessarily shower every day, but 13 year old's are stickier than adults!

We don't have a hard and fast rule here. I'd love to see it get done everyday, but in reality, it just doesn't. DS(8) is easy enough - I tell him go take a shower and he does and it's relatively quick. (As opposed to when he first started showering and I'd go up there and he's sitting in the bottom of the tub playing with cups and soap and washrags. (Hello, water waster!!!) DD(6) is harder because she doesn't do it independently yet. I can draw a bath for her and she likes to play for a loooong time. It just seems like such a production with her.

Depended on the kid and at what age.  Two of mine had only slightly- moderately dry skin so in teen years they needed every day.  One of mine inherited my problems with very dry skin and she needs it every two to three days.  She is also the only one who never got acne either.  The other two varied with one getting a little bii and one getting it a bit more- the one who got it a bit more had the least dry skin, but at a younger age, that one also needed less often showers because of too dry skin.

DH, teen Dd, and I shower daily. Ds showers every other day, but he doesn't use deodorant yet. I expect that to kick in any minute, then he'll shower daily too.

Sometimes I take 2-3 showers a day depending upon my activity level. However, if I pin my hair on top of my head I can shower in 3-4 minutes. On Tuesday I teach back-to-back dance classes, then take a class about 90 minutes later. I generally shower, change, make dinner, and eat in that amount of time. Then, of course, I need another shower when I get home from the late class.