Menu

Minecraft? Where? How?

DragonFaerie

DS wants to play Minecraft but I can't figure out where/how to get it.  I know it's an app on his phone, but he wants to be able to play on his computer.  Is it available as computer software or something?  Where/how do we get it?  Amazon doesn't seem to have anything, and when I google it, I get some site with UK pricing.

DS wants to play Minecraft but I can't figure out where/how to get it. I know it's an app on his phone, but he wants to be able to play on his computer. Is it available as computer software or something? Where/how do we get it? Amazon doesn't seem to have anything, and when I google it, I get some site with UK pricing.

It is a UK based game. You buy it online. Yes, it shows a UK price, but it will be converted automatically by your card.

If you want to give it as a gift, then there are cards you can buy in stores (Target, Game Stop, etc).

I have a question, but I think I know the answer.  If I have 4 kids who want to play, each wanting his or her own user name, then do I have to buy 4 games?  

I'm assuming so, since it's an online thing, but I'd thought I'd ask.  My kids may get it for Christmas.

Yes, you assume correctly. One user name per account.

Lol. Great description. What ages is this typically for? I have an almost 8yo.

I play it. >.>

Any age that would enjoy Lego would probably enjoy MC. You build things with 'blocks', have an option of hostile 'mobs' (bad guys) or play on peaceful... you mine and gather resources to build or you play in creative mode where everything is at your fingertips.

I like it because even at my age there is stuff that challenges me - redstone has taught me so much about engineering and electronics, for example. You can build simple dirt shacks or mansions out of diamond, or you can just explore.

I have often wondered whether this is something my two would get into.  The explanation here is making me revisit the idea.  It seems like the price is reasonable and we could get a copy for each of the laptops.  It's going on the "maybe get this for Christmas" list.

~coffee~