Menu

Anyone watching the World Series?

AlmiraGulch

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I take back what I said about Craig...he's starting at first base tonight! I can't believe it!!!

Whoo hoo!

I fell asleep and missed the last two innings of the game last night.

We're taking advantage of the gorgeous weather tonight. DH is moving our spare TV and U-verse box out to the deck and building a fire in the fire pit. The boys have peanuts and Cracker Jack. If I could eat mostaccioli or toasted ravioli I would have made that for dinner. Chicken fajitas aren't very St. Louis, but oh well. Go Cards!

Whoo hoo!

I fell asleep and missed the last two innings of the game last night.

We're taking advantage of the gorgeous weather tonight. DH is moving our spare TV and U-verse box out to the deck and building a fire in the fire pit. The boys have peanuts and Cracker Jack. If I could eat mostaccioli or toasted ravioli I would have made that for dinner. Chicken fajitas aren't very St. Louis, but oh well. Go Cards!

Ahh, mostaccioli.  My kids asked me what that was once, and I told the it's a required menu item for every wedding or baby shower, wedding, and funeral.  (I love it, by the way!)

I do miss toasted ravioli.  And bbq pork steaks.  And Faraci's pizza.   I had some friends come to visit last month and they brought a cooler full of all of that stuff, plus a gooey butter cake from some place (can't remember the name) that just won an award for Best Gooey Butter Cake.  My friend also works for a food distributor and one day a 5 lb block of Provel showed up on my doorstep.  I love these people!

I wish I were there watching with friends tonight.  Sigh.

I don't even want to watch.

I am, but I don't want to. I'd rather pretend I don't care one way or another. It's easier.

I have yet to sit down and watch, still getting dinner and the house picked up, but I had to laugh when DH came upstairs with the baby a little while ago saying, "Freaking Jon Jay!" after a strikeout.

I'm actually in a hotel room right now (on business travel), so there's really nothing else for me to do.  I'm a captive audience. 

Oh, and I'm in Chicago, no less!  It was fun being the fly on the wall at breakfast listening to people talk about wanting the Cardinals to lose.  Poor Cubs fans.  haha

I'm feeling really bad for Beltran. I wanted him to get that ring so badly.

And poor Waino. I'm guessing he's going to look back at this series as the one he lost, since he pitched two of the losing games. He certainly had help though.

As much as it pains me to say it, we didn't play like champions. I don't know where our heart went, but it wasn't on the field.

Great series, Cards fans!

I know it is disappointing...I'm a Red Sox fan, I get disappointment. If it makes you feel any better please know that this was HUGE for my family. My dad has been a passionate, unflinching, rabid Red Sox fan all of his 79 years, despite years and years of unending disappointments. Dementia is taking him from us very quickly. Even if he is alive for next year's World Series, at the rate he is fading, he will not be lucid. I am so thankful that he can have this joy! He cant remember what year it is, but he knows that the Red Sox, his beloved team, are the best in the world.

What a great way for a Sox fan to go out.

Great series, Cards fans!

I know it is disappointing...I'm a Red Sox fan, I get disappointment. If it makes you feel any better please know that this was HUGE for my family. My dad has been a passionate, unflinching, rabid Red Sox fan all of his 79 years, despite years and years of unending disappointments. Dementia is taking him from us very quickly. Even if he is alive for next year's World Series, at the rate he is fading, he will not be lucid. I am so thankful that he can have this joy! He cant remember what year it is, but he knows that the Red Sox, his beloved team, are the best in the world.

What a great way for a Sox fan to go out.

My mom is in a similar position. Alzheimer's is chasing her and winning - but she knows her Sox and this will be huge for her. So glad they have this year.

I am...not a Card's fan let's say, so I was rooting for the Sox all the way.  By chance I ended up only being able to watch the games the Sox won and missed the games the Cards took.  Now my friends in Red Sox Nation seem to think I have to watch every Sox game from here on out.

Congrats Sox. Well played and well deserved! My 5yo was actually cheering for them last night. I told him to quit playing with something he wasn't supposed to and he yelled, "Hmph. Fine. Go Red Sox!" and stormed out of the room, lol.

I'm happy for those of you with older relatives able to see their team win, maybe one last championship. I have a somewhat similar story with my great-grandfather, but it wasn't the World Series, and it was the Cubs. Lol, you all know how that ends... not with a championship title.

(As a side note, I realized about halfway through the series that we could no longer compensate for Craig's injury, like we could in the two previous series. That was too big of a loss against such a good team like the Red Sox.)