Menu

Anyone watching the World Series?

AlmiraGulch

I am.  But I'm sitting here wondering if I'll watch the whole thing, or if my team will fall behind and make me mad, forcing me to change the channel and then sit here hoping that somehow my changing the channel will result in them doing better, which will just make me mad tomorrow for missing the comeback.

It's complicated, this sports fandom thing.  

P.S.  GO CARDINALS!!!!!!!

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is how I watch every sport.  And I'm an avid fan of the teams I support!  It's weird, but it's my way.  

Weird works in my books. I have a friend who would only stand in the doorway while his team was playing and wouldn't let anyone else go beyond a certain point in the room. It's called sports' fan strategy :D

I stopped watching after Beltran got hurt. Couldn't take it anymore.

But I'm still listening to Mike Shannon call the game. Hearing it is somehow less painful than seeing it.

Go Cards!

(Oh, and if you want to see my adorable Cardinals fans, click on the link in my signature...they were all wearing their Cardinal red today!)

I stopped watching after Beltran got hurt. Couldn't take it anymore.

But I'm still listening to Mike Shannon call the game. Hearing it is somehow less painful than seeing it.

Go Cards!

(Oh, and if you want to see my adorable Cardinals fans, click on the link in my signature...they were all wearing their Cardinal red today!)

I'd love to see them, but I turned off signatures when we switched to this format and I can't remember how to turn them back on!!!  Help!

Now they're saying Beltran has been taken to a local hospital. Not sure if that's standard, but I don't feel too good about it. I really hope his season doesn't end here, when he waited so long to get to the World Series.

Here's the direct link to my "baby birds" if you still want to see them! ;)

Dh says they must not have x-ray capabilities at Fenway.

Thanks for the link!  Those little Redbirds are so cute!!

I'm looking forward to a 7 game World Series - those are the best!

Me, too! 

I actually cut a business meeting short next week so I can be off the plane and home before the 7th game starts.  My husband will be taking the little kids trick-or-treating so I can stay holed up in my room with my baseball since he's not a Cards fan.  Hopefully. 

Let's just have the big league players show up from now on instead of the company intramural team that took the field last night!

Me, too!

I actually cut a business meeting short next week so I can be off the plane and home before the 7th game starts. My husband will be taking the little kids trick-or-treating so I can stay holed up in my room with my baseball since he's not a Cards fan. Hopefully.

Let's just have the big league players show up from now on instead of the company intramural team that took the field last night!

Ahhhhh, game 7 is on Halloween?? How did I not realize that?

Your DH can be converted. I was born a Cubs fan. :-P

Even my 2-month-old was getting frustrated last night by the game. Usually watching baseball calms him down, but he was quite irritated by the sixth inning.

That was not the same team that got to the World Series. I feel sorry for Wacha. He's going to be under an incredible amount of pressure tonight.

Ahhhhh, game 7 is on Halloween?? How did I not realize that?

Your DH can be converted. I was born a Cubs fan. :-P

Even my 2-month-old was getting frustrated last night by the game. Usually watching baseball calms him down, but he was quite irritated by the sixth inning.

That was not the same team that got to the World Series. I feel sorry for Wacha. He's going to be under an incredible amount of pressure tonight.

Well thankfully you saw the light and are no longer a Cubs fan.  Geez!  That's just traumatic.

He doesn't dislike the Cards and is actually pulling for them.  He doesn't have a specific team he's a fan of (used to be the Phillies but I bullied him out of it!).  He just isn't invested in it like I am.  

And I agree with you about Wacha.  He's been amazing so far.  Let's hope that continues, and that our bats light up.  We need it. 

The game was broadcast on FOX over the air. You don't need cable.

Bill

Can you send some of that air over here to the hinterlands? :laugh:

Do you mean that if one lives in a well-populated place, they can get the station if they have an antenna?

We are watching it at a friend's house ... she has cable and I'm too mad at the cable company (which provides our internet and phone service only) to sign up for it.

GO SOX!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wacha was a Cubs fan growing up! I learned that at Social Media Night back in September. He also answered the question I submitted, so he's been "my" player ever since then...and that was before the almost no-hitter! He was very personable that night...it was really cool being there and listening to him talk!

That's really cool! I swear he must be distantly related to DH, because they look a little bit alike. Even DH thought so. The last names are of similar origin.

Happy flight!

What a game!

Whoo hoo! I was too tired to post last night after the game, plus DH scared the baby with his cheering. Whoops!

I know everyone talks about Wacha and Wainwright, but Rosenthal is so fun to watch close a game. He's intimidating!

(Also, the alien that possessed Kozma in Game 1 must have left. He played like he was worried the guys might not let him on the "happy flight" home, lol.)

We love Rosie! And Martinez is a beast, too! Our bullpen is pretty awesome, even with Motte injured.

I was amused by Kozma, too. It was obvious he was trying to redeem himself after the previous night's debacle. I really do like him, errors and all...DH and I were there the night of his very first major league at-bat in 2011!